Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] Ideas to take it to the next level!  (Read 1598 times)
hypersire (OP)

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:49:39 PM

Hi everyone, I am heavily invested in PPC as I have no doubt it's value is going to increase dramatically. I'm starting this thread so everyone can share their ideas on how to take PPC to the next level. I have two thoughts myself and I'd love to hear feedback as well as some other ideas.

1) China

IMHO, China should be a priority right now. We've got BTC-e for PPC trading which is great - all we need now is at least one Chinese exchange with large volumes to add PPC and then we're off to the races. I know we have Cryptsy and a couple of other exchanges as well but the volumes are miniscule.  Also, to be frank, the US is no place to be running anything that has anything to do with money.

Chinese exchanges are going crazy right now with people piling into BTC… what do you think would happen if PPC was available alongside BTC on one of the major Chinese exchanges, at a mere fraction of the price?

2) Community / Consensus

Many people are outraged at the Bitcoin Foundation as they are acting like a bunch of elitist regulators who are moving farther and farther away from the original vision of Satoshi. There's been talk about blacklisting coins, we've got the friggin Winklevoss twins trying to act like the Hunt Brothers, people begging US authorities to regulate BTC and now apparently there's some Mellon guy (who comes from a wealthy 1% elitist family) getting in on the act. Do you think when Satoshi created Bitcoin he hoped and prayed that one day it would be accepted by US-based bureaucrats? I think not.

Peercoin has a great chance to live up to it's name - PEERcoin. The peers, or users of the system should have input into the direction of the coin - not a handful of large holders or a "foundation" and certainly not any government.

We could set up some sort of voting system where all users of Peercoin could vote on any major changes - this way it will truly be the PEER coin!

Anyway, just my 2 Satoshis on ideas to take PPC to the next level. I'd love to hear some more!
hypersire (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:55:21 AM

Come on PPC supporters! Where are you? I know there are a lot of you out there - I can tell by the price of PPC  Smiley

What do you think we can do to help spread the adoption of PPC? Anyone know if any of the Chinese exchanges have been approached yet?
Authentic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:37:45 AM

You are right on the China idea. There's a huge market, and could help the coin a lot. Have any ideas on how to proceed?

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6587

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:15:19 AM

A security-related idea:

Raspberry Pi PoS Secure Wallet - to hold large amounts of coins while PoS minting. Now, you must have a hot wallet, you can encrypt it but it must be unlocked for minting. If PPC rises in price and there are holders with coins worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, they need such a solution.

The "cold-locked transaction" feature, "avatar mode" and some GUI improvements would be nice too. Version 0.4 (in development) should bring some of these innovations and will be released in few weeks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:52:01 AM

while china is showing alot of traction, what would be more interesting is focusing on another major market not involved yet like brazil, india or africa. getting one of these to take note would give btc a run for its coin. however without gvrnmt regulation they are in danger of being qwashed!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hypersire (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:12:56 AM

Good points guys! I think PPC running on a Pi would be a great marketing idea -  you can participate in POS and receive interest with very little energy expenditure. This is also why I will be investing in eMunie too - any sort of POS system is an advantage in my opinion as everyone can be a part of the network and earn from it without mining! The energy saving aspects should definitely be used in the marketing campaign.

I noticed PPC is on one Chinese exchange right now (btc38). I wish BTCChina would add alts as they have huge volume. Yes, other countries such as India would be great to break into but it seems to me that China is responsible for a lot of the money flowing into crypotcurrencies now....
Blackswan122

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Yes the Chinese save a vast proportion of what they earn. When they see that something that was worth $200...is now worth $600 in such a short time then no wonder they are going for it just like we are. I suspect they are more an investing culture at present. If they can afford to actually mine for Bitcoin in the future is another matter. I mine for PPC using my Rpi rig with the ppc fixx as my pool. I actually alternate mining as BTC has about a 20% better return at present. If PPC does catch on fire then at least I will have a few FULL coins in the bank not 0.0002 of a BTC. Mining for PPC is actually fun just because it is uncertain. BTC is now for investing/trading not mining...unless you have vast amounts of cash to stay just ahead of the masses. Hardware is too expensive and goes obsolete before you get it or two months afterwards. Peercoin is the 3rd biggest coin... It just needs to be pushed a bit more to exist as an alternative to BTC. Script mining is for the little fellow who can't afford an ASIC....sorry but true. You don't plough a field with an Ox when you can afford a tractor. Remember we are at the very early stages of development.... Digital Currency will slowly become accepted..just like PayPal and the likes...they are now the norm. Peercointalk is dedicated to PPC... It can run along side BTC and will I'm sure. This is the reason I am mining what seems like a waste of time at present. If things do take off at least I'm in up to my waste before everyone else trys to jump in the lake. You can't run before you can walk.... Peercoin just needs to have the checking at sometime removed. I have read into Peercoin and can understand the idea behind it. It is also not so power intensive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: