Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gold?  (Read 834 times)
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:24:50 AM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

of course not, bitcoins are digital currencies, digital ones can only exist in computers alone, while gold has a real shape and gold can not be on the computer, not only that, the total supply of bitcoin and gold is also very different. in my opinion bitcoin will never be gold.
Of course both the gold and the bitcoin are really change as bitcoin has no figure but it use to buy  and save by a lot of investors, bitcoin is modern investment which has very bright future and people believe in bitcoin much more than gold, on the other hand gold has physical state but it is an old fashioned investment but now it considers as jewelry only not an investment as everyone knows about slow profit in long time with gold, so I choose bitcoin as an investment, it has no concern with gold,.
Dirk2017

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:30:48 AM

I think it's complicated that no one even knows what will happen in the future. for now and the next 20 years there will be many changes that occur. certainly there will be many things created from technology. as well as with virtual currency can be the main commodity in the world. but for now we will always use paper money

Bitcoin is a virtual gold, and bitcoin can surpass gold so for me bitcoin is the new gold.

Apiapik

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:37:12 AM

I think bitcoin is an investment that can change many things. Whereas gold is body jewelry that can be bought with bitcoin. So between bitcoin and gold there is little difference in its use.
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:45:59 AM

I'm sure future of BTC becomes very valuable as gold of course with higher value. Because technology is growing and sophisticated. Especially the payment system of course btc and crypto the best solution for online transactions long distance wherever and wherever and other advantages that I think is very fantastic and real
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:03:52 AM

Bitcoin and gold have the same thing in common. But the value of BTC is much bigger than gold, and BTC is not widely accepted as gold. Gold is the measure of the economy.

MoonWhale

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:07:25 AM

No, these are different things. Gold in fact performs one function, it's metal. Bitcoin, in turn, is universal. For someone it is a valuable funds, for another money, etc.
chalbinov

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:09:15 AM

BTC could be considered something somewhat alike to gold, but considering it to be a direct equal might be a bit far off. Yes BTC can be compared since it will reach a cap as gold will reach a point when it all of the resource that can be possibly mined is exhausted. Gold doesn’t carry the same amount of instability or potential for growth that BTC has as of now. The reserves of gold that exist are very well protected in a physical sense, but could be infiltrated, but it remains just as highly unlikely that the majority BTC will be bought off and therefore controlled.  

rizkypurwati

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:28:30 AM

bitcoin over gold probably this sentence describes its current existence.
I do not think the sentence is indisputable for now.
NYONYG175

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

bitcoin is an asset, which is most similar to gold and has enormous value but the safest one is gold because in bitcoin no one can be sure if it still exists after ten years but if gold for the next ten years it is still there.
cryptofreak42o

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:16:32 AM

Any thing you can imagine because of it s value bitcoin is much better than gold i think people all ready know it. thats why market demand always high for btc if you check the last 1 year graph you will be clear why people say that btc was gold.
dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:19:46 AM

btc is god of crypto,it is very importance now,btc is leader of whole market,it is creat crypto market,btc is asset of crypto market and gold is asset in the real life,i think this is the same
carens

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:21:03 AM

in my opinion can not bitcoint in the same with gold, because bitcoint virtual currency, another thing with the gold in the form of objects, from the value of the price was higher than the appeal of gold
Lektor188

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

On the other hand, bitcoin can be compared with gold, but the price of bitcoin and gold are very different, and it can not be compared with gold, the price of gold is not as jumping as bitcoin)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:06:21 PM

I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

No, I don't think so. Bitcoin is and will likely remain a speculative asset in the foreseeable future. In this fashion, it is more like paper or any other money which doesn't have intrinsic value on its own. From this point of view, bitcoin may end up like many fiat monies ended turning into trash, in this case, digital trash. The fact that bitcoin issuance is limited doesn't play a factor here because to have value, it shouldn't only be a scarce resource (like, for example, gold) but it should also be useful for some real purpose, even if for speculative ends.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

I suggest you to check bitcoins market and golds market. Does they seems the same? I mean look at the price and it's evolution, at gold it is more stable and the fluctuations are very low while at bitcoin the price goes up and down every few months and there are no long periods when it stays stable. Why does this happen? Because bitcoin price can be considered controlled by those who have a lot of money since the supply is limited and everything is happening in one place, on the online exchangers. It is not impossible to pump or dump golds price but that is totally different than bitcoin.

Gold is spread all around the world and it is hard to even estimate how much gold people owns and how much is still available to be found. In order to influence the price of gold investors have to make transactions of billions of dollars while with bitcoin they need less than 1 billion to create a big hype.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
Bunny Bugs

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:13:34 PM

According to my opinion btc is the future because everyone knows all paper currency are going to collapse and soon we will se usd collapsing
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:13:48 PM

I have seen many treating btc as gold as they consider btc as an valuable asset and also have plans to get some serious long term returns , for me also i of the same opinion.I still tell people preserve as much btc as we can as serious high returns are expected this year, just what we need is patience and have to take positions at the right time , all the best for buying and selling.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Coinlovertoo

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:21:07 PM

I think in that case bitcoin will can't be compared to gold.
We all know that gold is have a stable value  and it is not crashing since recognizing of it.
While bitcoin have unstable value
aqila putri

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:40:38 PM

It is true that bitcoin has beaten gold in terms of price but I do not think that it will be able to replace it because gold first is much more popular than bitcoin and gold is received more while bitcoin is not received that much. In essence, Bitcoin resembles gold - this is why many people refer to Bitcoin as 'digital gold' or 'Gold 2.0'.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:46:02 PM

Bitcoin is not gold.  Bitcoin is a digital money and many people now use bitcoin. more bitcoin price increases than gold  so i think bitcoin more valueable than gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: