Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 92 NEO Stolen  (Read 150 times)
jmarke (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:29:50 AM

Yesterday I realized that 92 NEO and 4,5 gas (8500$) have been stolen from my NEON wallet at 10/04/2018. I’ve been in shock since that moment, this is a money that is part of my family savings and right now everything is a nightmare. Guys, this kind of things are ruining crypto. I was a crypto-enthusiastic, and now, maybe, I’m off.

My PC (windows) was perfectly protected, or I think it was. I’ve contracted a 2-year NordVPN Service and a 1-year Bitdefender antivirus. I’ve followed all the steps and this things are real, this things are happening. My private keys were kept in an external USB and I always write the private keys, not Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

I apparently made one mistake, one wrong click that allow a Trojan or some kind of virus into my PC. And then, only the evil mind of a person do the rest.

I’m desperate, I’m not know what to do.

If someone can guide me through this, I will be forever grateful.

My old NEO address is:

AWYT5yPFtyPWV5MEyvaxFSBTh5SDcsAUkg

And the thief-adress is:

APLqh6aDwAJkm4pxdi4fiiZRr52GrLm7ED

These are the transactions:

https://neotracker.io/tx/6e0f87b3d3a7fea2a0e83ee32ab1db473dbfcbcc2dea99784cc420130710bf84

https://neotracker.io/tx/c6d620ecc8dc58cfd81d28ddebf4ae1e26f714c98b459cfedf09aa15a0f4876d

I still don’t understand why people can do such things. For god sake, we are in an incredible bull market, just invest something and everything will be all right. Stop wasting your time and destroying others’ lives…

If you have any info or want to help me, you can contact me with this email:

cryptojmrobberyneo@gmail.com

Thank you all.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:36:52 AM

This is becoming a trend, I am sorry for your loss it is a very difficult experience to pass about, I think it is becoming a must for everyone in the space need to start to hold hard wallet, I know hard wallet is not all one need but it is going to help one when visiting some of these phishing site
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:37:09 AM

This is becoming a trend, I am sorry for your loss it is a very difficult experience to pass about, I think it is becoming a must for everyone in the space need to start to hold hard wallet, I know hard wallet is not all one need but it is going to help one when visiting some of these phishing site
rahutomo

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

I feel sorry about this incident,
but I am sure you are a strong person to accept this ordeal.
my advice, do not always click the direct link,
I hope to use copy paste and broswer in hidden broswer.
A.Bagdad

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

Yesterday I realized that 92 NEO and 4,5 gas (8500$) have been stolen from my NEON wallet at 10/04/2018. I’ve been in shock since that moment, this is a money that is part of my family savings and right now everything is a nightmare. Guys, this kind of things are ruining crypto. I was a crypto-enthusiastic, and now, maybe, I’m off.

My PC (windows) was perfectly protected, or I think it was. I’ve contracted a 2-year NordVPN Service and a 1-year Bitdefender antivirus. I’ve followed all the steps and this things are real, this things are happening. My private keys were kept in an external USB and I always write the private keys, not Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

I apparently made one mistake, one wrong click that allow a Trojan or some kind of virus into my PC. And then, only the evil mind of a person do the rest.

I’m desperate, I’m not know what to do.

If someone can guide me through this, I will be forever grateful.

My old NEO address is:

AWYT5yPFtyPWV5MEyvaxFSBTh5SDcsAUkg

And the thief-adress is:

APLqh6aDwAJkm4pxdi4fiiZRr52GrLm7ED

These are the transactions:

https://neotracker.io/tx/6e0f87b3d3a7fea2a0e83ee32ab1db473dbfcbcc2dea99784cc420130710bf84

https://neotracker.io/tx/c6d620ecc8dc58cfd81d28ddebf4ae1e26f714c98b459cfedf09aa15a0f4876d

I still don’t understand why people can do such things. For god sake, we are in an incredible bull market, just invest something and everything will be all right. Stop wasting your time and destroying others’ lives…

If you have any info or want to help me, you can contact me with this email:

cryptojmrobberyneo@gmail.com

Thank you all.
I feel sorry for you. Yes, there are a lot of such moments in the market. 8500$ is a lot of money horror, we must be careful in these moments.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:51:54 AM

If you have that much money loaded  in your PC(or external storage) you have to be careful yourself.
I never keep anti virus, because I dont use windows.
Either have linux or mac.Windows sucks asses in protection.
You should have bought a physical nano wallet, or just kept them safe in a paper wallet.

Anyways, I would suggest you to open a bounty thread to track the hacker.A bounty worth 1k for your 8.5k cryptos will be perfect and benefitial for you too.

Good luck mate, and be strong.
jmarke (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

If you have that much money loaded  in your PC(or external storage) you have to be careful yourself.
You should have bought a physical nano wallet, or just kept them safe in a paper wallet.

Anyways, I would suggest you to open a bounty thread to track the hacker.A bounty worth 1k for your 8.5k cryptos will be perfect and benefitial for you too.

How can I do that?

Thanks
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:01:53 AM

I feel sorry for it. No one can help you.

I suggest not to click on the link with the Trojan horse, hope this thing can give you deep experience, must be good protection measure.
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:03:30 AM

As crypto industry is taking spotlight. Expect that scammers are there.. It is very sad to happen and i hope this will not happen again.. Take this as a cost experience and learning.. Hope not to lose your interest on crypto

quarkchain.io
jmarke (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

As crypto industry is taking spotlight. Expect that scammers are there.. It is very sad to happen and i hope this will not happen again.. Take this as a cost experience and learning.. Hope not to lose your interest on crypto

It's really hard because I love the tech and the community...but this things are a enthusiastic-killer
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:33:49 AM

How can I do that?

Thanks

Head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0, make a post asking people how to create a bounty for your stolen coins.Experienced user's will reply to your thread with all details you are going to need to run that bounty.Ask all of your doubts in that new thread of yours.

StickySteeez

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

They are lost, unfortunately. See this as a lesson, albeit a very expensive lesson. Buy yourself some proper hardware wallets or even a trading laptop. Don't let this happen again.

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:37:17 AM

I am very sorry about that.. I have lost 4 NEO 6 months ago and today I didn't know how they have done (I'm using MAC updated and have never clicked on fake sites or had trojans....)

Since this day, I only use a Ledger for coins that I have unless airdrops and small amount....

silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:41:58 AM

This why I bought ledger nano, because I am afraid of this things, hackers are thieves just like scammers.
I feel sorry for you.

SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:43:09 AM

Mannnn, this is an expensive lesson. You will not get your tokens back, I can guarantee you that. See it as a very expensive lesson and invest in some proper hardware storage. Take care.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shvetseu

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

I'm very sorry, I hope you survive this case and in the future will earn much more money. This once again reminds us that you need to be as cautious as possible.
cometoft

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:47:17 AM

Woah, that's a huge sum of money. I don't think that is still recoverable as that is the idea of blockchain. I'm sorry for the loss.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:50:11 AM

This is the downside of cryptocurrency. Poor security of assets. Until something serious is done about it, I'd advise anyone to make use of a trezor or ledger wallets to be on the safe side.

Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:54:29 AM

I am very sorry to hear what happened to you, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to recover your NEO. I have read another case yesterday with someone who lost 8000$ worth of ETH from his MEW, so it looks like both NEO and ETH are vulnerable.
Probably the best way to store them are with a Ledger device( it supports both NEO and ETH), i don't think anyone has managed to hack this yet.

GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:01:59 AM

If you have deal with criptocurrency you must be 100% sure that your coins is safe. So I advise you to buy separate computer (Macbook is the best) and deal with criptocurrency only. Also do not participate in airdrops - sometime it is phishing links there

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: