Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:10:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 coins in 1 ICO - what do you think about it?  (Read 111 times)
LTFaceman (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:50:23 AM

Hello everyone! Yesterday I came across the announcement of the Box2Table project - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3352547
The concept itself seemed interesting, similar INS project held a successful ICO recently. But here's what I have not yet met - it's using two coins in one project. As I understood from the whitepaper, one coin is internal for settlements between platform participants (restaurants and food suppliers), and the second for the community, and the internal currency rate is fixed.

As it is written in WP, this minimizes the influence of market volatility and stimulates the growth of a publicly available coin with the growth of the platform. Who can say anything about this? Because it sounds certainly very impressive, just shut up and take my money.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:56:29 AM

Yeah it does sound interesting. But also second thought is incoming so hold on!

If there is internal coin too then who pays for that one? I mean will it be our own investment or it will be investment made by those who are going to work on the project. If they take the investment or funds from us for the internal purpose then obviously they will have to repay something or at least they will have to give us equivalent amount of external coins so that our investment will be settled up.

Also, though we get that much tokens, then what about the market prices. How they will be decide as half of the amount that is raised will be given for internal purpose. ? Am I missing point here?
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:03:00 AM

Hello everyone! Yesterday I came across the announcement of the Box2Table project - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3352547
The concept itself seemed interesting, similar INS project held a successful ICO recently. But here's what I have not yet met - it's using two coins in one project. As I understood from the whitepaper, one coin is internal for settlements between platform participants (restaurants and food suppliers), and the second for the community, and the internal currency rate is fixed.

As it is written in WP, this minimizes the influence of market volatility and stimulates the growth of a publicly available coin with the growth of the platform. Who can say anything about this? Because it sounds certainly very impressive, just shut up and take my money.
I can tell you about some projects are using the similar method like box2table. Just like encryptotel, it will be so difficult to control both of tokens consider about the previous project can't handle their token and it was falling to the ground. I guess never try to join in that case it may better for you just waiting until the token will be availabe in the exchange site and that sistem is very similar with havven that used 2 tokens tp provide less volatility in the token.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
LTFaceman (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:07:45 AM

Yeah it does sound interesting. But also second thought is incoming so hold on!

If there is internal coin too then who pays for that one? I mean will it be our own investment or it will be investment made by those who are going to work on the project. If they take the investment or funds from us for the internal purpose then obviously they will have to repay something or at least they will have to give us equivalent amount of external coins so that our investment will be settled up.

Also, though we get that much tokens, then what about the market prices. How they will be decide as half of the amount that is raised will be given for internal purpose. ? Am I missing point here?
As I understood, we participate ICO and buy external tokens. After that, they finish the development of the platform and open it up for restaurants and suppliers, which in turn, for payments inside the blockchain, buy this internal fixed currency.
By the way, as I read in some telegram chat, the alpha version of the platform has already been tested in New York, from where the founders and seed investors.

But not really sure, I'm going to ask them directly in their topic..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: