Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's time to fork Bitcoin  (Read 4957 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:28:07 PM

To the OP ... go ahead.  Have fun trying to explain to users how "your Bitcoin" isn't the same "Bitcoin" as everyone else when they say "Bitcoin".

Lasting forks are the worst possible scenario for Bitcoin.  They should be avoided at all possible cost. 
imamanandyou

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:29:28 PM

Why fork ?  If you want change Bitcoin protocol, just make new alt coin  Wink

Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:31:24 PM

Fork it! Fork it all! You've all gone and forked it up! Motherforkers!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:33:07 PM

go ahead, i fully understand what you are trying to do and I will back it.

let those who support red-listing put their money where their mouth is and we will do the same.

dawie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

BTC for a better world

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:40:49 PM

The rules of the game has been set by Satoshi.  Banks and governments were never invited.  To let them have a claim to a part of the protocol now is to give away your liberties to the existing system that we all hoped to improve by joining the Bitcoin revolution.  Don't encourage division, maintain fundgeability and unity.  If the governments want to improve on Bitcoin, let them issue their own fiat cryptocurrancies and we will see which design wins the hearts and minds of free men.

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:27:25 PM

I suggest we call this one the torch and pitchfork Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
dawie

Activity: 115

BTC for a better world

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

I suggest we call this one the torch and pitchfork Grin

The idea of a fork has been pitched, now lets torch it!

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:19:34 PM

It is now time to fork bitcoin.  There is no reason to have only one. 

With new efforts to integrate user identities - there is now a very big divide between two competing schools of thought.  Each can go down their respective paths without interfering with the progress of the others.  The one thing necessary for this to occur - exists wonderfully. 

To create Bitcoin1 and Bitcoin2, we'd need to divide the processing power.  Fortunately, we presently have more than twice the processing power that is necessary.  The network is a perfect capacity for being split. 

Bitcoin1 can go on with the anarchists/outlaws who hate all government involvement and despises law and order.  Bitcoin2 can intergrate things which improve decent use in an orderly society. 

Time to Fork Bitcoin. 

This is nonsense. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are new to bitcoin. If there is something you don't like, get involved and change it. Forking something just for the heck of it doesn't make sense. If you want and anarchist bitcoin, just use the bitcoin testnet. It's anarchy there anyway. And yes, it's built into your bitcoin client. Just google it. Enjoy, you already have your bitcoin2 and you didn't even know it. :-)

more or less retired.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:25:30 PM

With new efforts to integrate user identities - there is now a very big divide between two competing schools of thought.  Each can go down their respective paths without interfering with the progress of the others.  The one thing necessary for this to occur - exists wonderfully. 

To create Bitcoin1 and Bitcoin2, we'd need to divide the processing power.  Fortunately, we presently have more than twice the processing power that is necessary.  The network is a perfect capacity for being split. 

Bitcoin1 can go on with the anarchists/outlaws who hate all government involvement and despises law and order.  Bitcoin2 can intergrate things which improve decent use in an orderly society. 

Time to Fork Bitcoin. 

This is nonsense. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are new to bitcoin. If there is something you don't like, get involved and change it. Forking something just for the heck of it doesn't make sense. If you want and anarchist bitcoin, just use the bitcoin testnet. It's anarchy there anyway. And yes, it's built into your bitcoin client. Just google it. Enjoy, you already have your bitcoin2 and you didn't even know it. :-)

Or advocate to keep Bitcoin fungible.  Don't support compnies which seek to harm the fungibility.  Don't support the investors other projects.  Edcuate other users on the dangers.   Make sure your favorite merchants know if they implement it they will lose your business.  Support improvements like Luke's miner patch, coinjoin, and other projects which will make it tougher for the "validators" to accomplish their goals.
spartacus_

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:42:42 PM

When Bitcoin forks, the prices will fall.
How about saving the coins in Namecoins ?
Namecoin prices are very stable.

COINVALIDATION IS SLAVERY NAMECOIN IS FREEDOM
BOYCOTT COINVALIDATION BUY NAMECOINS
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:48:13 PM

IF luke JR and mike hearn add their patches into the next version of bitcoin to be more government friendly. and people are left to decide to upgrade to this new QT update.. lets call that update the U.SGovcoin. and people vote on moving over to U.SGovCoin or staying with bitcoin in its current state.

bitcoin is international.

we dont want our funds audited by americans.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:49:02 PM

We don't need to fork BTC, we need to Spork it!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 08:50:40 PM

IF luke JR and mike hearn add their patches into the next version of bitcoin to be more government friendly. and people are left to decide to upgrade to this new QT update.. lets call that update the U.SGovcoin. and people vote on moving over to U.SGovCoin or staying with bitcoin in its current state

you know they are going to play dirty and make it seem like the is just a regular update

its up to us to make some noise

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:53:32 PM

IF luke JR and mike hearn add their patches into the next version of bitcoin to be more government friendly. and people are left to decide to upgrade to this new QT update.. lets call that update the U.SGovcoin. and people vote on moving over to U.SGovCoin or staying with bitcoin in its current state

you know they are going to play dirty and make it seem like the is just a regular update

the beauty of open source.. even though it will take time to read the code to find Mike H and Luke J's patches, they will be found

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:55:37 PM

That escalated quickly  Lips sealed

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:00:34 PM

the beauty of open source.. even though it will take time to read the code to find Mike H and Luke J's patches, they will be found

Bitcoin is using free Github, which has forced openness of the repository, so that isn't even necessary.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:37:30 PM

Time to Fork Bitcoin. 

we can also use Confidence Chains.  They require practically no processing power.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:43:36 PM

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:55:06 PM

May i introduce you to the altcoin forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:34:24 AM

Could you show your work on the math that you did to calculate how much processing power the network needs?

Kind of ad homineming, there - I'm an anarchist because I love order, not because I despise it.  I believe anarchy and Bitcoin as it is improve a decent and orderly society.

Anyway, as far as forking Bitcoin - aren't you too late?  Hasn't it already been done?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: