Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:20:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on the Savedroid exit scam 'stunt '  (Read 137 times)
onyebuchi81 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:00:12 PM

Last week Savedroid the German startup that raised 50 million dollars in their  ICO and external funding  pulled an exit scam shutting their social media channels and website and replaced it with  the “Aaand it’s gone” meme from South Park.The CEO / founder Yassin Hankir even posted a picture on his twitter account of living the high life in a remote and  lush resort with the caption 'thanks guys over and out. (this is the link to the tweet https://twitter.com/YassinHankir/status/986551967932735488?s=19 Then this Thursday the Savedroid website came back online with a video of Hankir titled  “And it’s NOT gone” where he is explaining how easy it is for people to pull exit scam with ICO investors money. This is the link to the video   https://youtu.be/o5_bwFf_byo   this is what he said
   ''We wanted to send this very drastic message by saying that look, how easy could have been that even we as a highly-regulated German stock corporation could just have run away, done an exit scam with all the funds, leaving all the investors behind,” Hankir said. “Of course we have not done that, we just wanted to convey that message.”
 “This was not meant to do any prank,” he added, “but actually to convey a very serious message that we believe the whole ICO and crypto industry are concerned with for the future.”
 Since the reopening of their social media the community has been in chaos with people evening calling for his arrest. Their reason been he should be held responsible for the emotional and mental breakdown investors had to go through when they first got to hear about the exit scam stunt, while some say he has forever damaged his reputation and that of savedroid why others are waiting to dump their tokens immediately it's tradable in exchanges.
 What's ur take on?
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

2 days ago - While Yassin thought he had got away with it, he did not realize that his photos inadvertently disclosed his current hideout. Luckily, the Crypto Briefing team has a keen eye for detail, and they were able to spot the Egyptian beer bottle as well as a distinctive backdrop, features that enable them to narrow ..
Hagmonar

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:37:39 PM

In the first i was fell prostrated and angry to them at the same time i was thinking also if the website is hack or something. Of they are true on there project and not a scam i think they ruin there reputation but at the same time they also send a message to all and now savedroid network is very popular this is the way they want to spread savedroid very easy and no need payment for this advertisement.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

very unfortunate this project scam, i feel sad whether what dev thought. take investor money and go? I see the hunters doing media campaign to make a video on youtube means they spread scam news
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:45:27 PM

I thought it was funny but I have to admit from a business standpoint it is about as stupid as you can be. For that reason I now don't see this project making waves in 2019.

BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:48:52 PM

Although he intended to convey a message to the public, it could have been done in another convenient way. This prank although Yassin claimed not one, has caused emotional and psychological trauma to investors on the Savedroid and the general crypto community. In the long run, is going to ward off the crypto skeptics out there.

herfie.chen

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:52:53 PM

very unfortunate this project scam, i feel sad whether what dev thought. take investor money and go? I see the hunters doing media campaign to make a video on youtube means they spread scam news

Yeah very unfortunate and this is bad news for investors who invest in this project. I think this is a good project after they make a lot of money from ICO but it turns out this is a SCAM project. This will make investors lose confidence and affraid to invest in ICO when having lost their money.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Akeeto

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

Last week Savedroid the German startup that raised 50 million dollars in their  ICO and external funding  pulled an exit scam shutting their social media channels and website and replaced it with  the “Aaand it’s gone” meme from South Park.The CEO / founder Yassin Hankir even posted a picture on his twitter account of living the high life in a remote and  lush resort with the caption 'thanks guys over and out. (this is the link to the tweet https://twitter.com/YassinHankir/status/986551967932735488?s=19 Then this Thursday the Savedroid website came back online with a video of Hankir titled  “And it’s NOT gone” where he is explaining how easy it is for people to pull exit scam with ICO investors money. This is the link to the video   https://youtu.be/o5_bwFf_byo   this is what he said
   ''We wanted to send this very drastic message by saying that look, how easy could have been that even we as a highly-regulated German stock corporation could just have run away, done an exit scam with all the funds, leaving all the investors behind,” Hankir said. “Of course we have not done that, we just wanted to convey that message.”
 “This was not meant to do any prank,” he added, “but actually to convey a very serious message that we believe the whole ICO and crypto industry are concerned with for the future.”
 Since the reopening of their social media the community has been in chaos with people evening calling for his arrest. Their reason been he should be held responsible for the emotional and mental breakdown investors had to go through when they first got to hear about the exit scam stunt, while some say he has forever damaged his reputation and that of savedroid why others are waiting to dump their tokens immediately it's tradable in exchanges.
 What's ur take on?
ill be honest........... i think this guy cannot be trusted,,, and im sure savedroid tokens will never sell above its ico price as people would be scared to put in their money
mikaint

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:41:08 PM

you never make jokes with this things...bad idea    Huh
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:55:59 PM

I will be pissed off if I'm a investor of this Savedroid ICO and I wouldn't surprised that we will not get anymore trust because of this stunt. I agree that he wanted to convey a message, but it not the appropriate way to bring your message across. What if someone who invested tons of money and seeing that the website and all social media account is gone. There is a possibility that investor will be depressed and might committed suicide.

So I would say that this prank has done more harm than good and he lost all his credibility here. That motherf**** playing pranks when millions of dollars is on the line is no laughing joke.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

Savedroid is very good at joking. But many say that this is a black PR. It is seen that the team is working =). It would be April 1, you could laugh. And so they confirmed that they do not scam and continue to work.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:43:55 AM

I participated in their ICO

1. Taking the website down and the South Park Meme is going too far. Many ICO participants don`t know how to check wallets online or where to find statements on the situation of people/institutions close to the project. Also many did not even have received the svd tokens in their mew.
2. It was quite obviously a PR gag with the website and the Twitter posts. In Germany also with an ICO you don`t just exit scam. For an exit the point of time would have been totally weird. If you want to scam you first pump the price with supposedly good news and then exit. I still was worried. I was wondering if I argued like that because I just wanted to keep hope in this.
3. The crypto community does not take lightly on playing with their money and feelings. It seems arrogant by savedroid.
4. Even if there is an important message for all the first time investors in their ICO I would at least have let out taking down the website and also not have kept the prank up that long. In Europe, where most investors are, most people only found out the next day for sure, that this was not a scam.

>>> The positive effects might outweigh the costs associated to this stunt in the end, but I find this kind of marketing questionable. It could also backfire, because what will stay in people`s mind, is the sout park meme. The company raised more than enough money to invest in normal marketing. So even if they want to promote the additional product offering for the space of ICOs, this was most likely not the best way to do it. Maybe I am wrong. Time will tell.

For participants and first time investors:
1. Always do your own extensive research
2. Don`t put all your eggs in one basket
3. Looking at ICOs is good. But after the recent bear market there is loads of existing projects that look promising and have very low market caps
4. Even if you want to flip an ICO, only invest in solid projects
chenczane

Activity: 430

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:47:26 AM

It is really a bad news. I have many friends who participated in ICO, invested and joined their bounty campaign. Then, they got the news that the system of savedroid got hacked, they are so disappointed and they are worried about their money. Their project and platform was good, they never expected it.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:45:58 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 06:56:21 PM by bartolo

I think they have made a mistake, I don't know what their intention was but all they have achieved is a bad reputation for their project, we only need to see the reaction of people through social networks. To say that they wanted to send a message to the community seems like a very poor excuse to me.
bit..what?

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:29:49 PM

For the project, this action was definitely bad. With that they broke their good reputation.
Many people have thereby lost their faith in the project. It's nice that it was not a scam, but it was still a stupid action.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:43:43 AM

It seems indeed that the campaign has done more damage than good, if you have a look at the telegram there is still a lot of negativity around that. But keep in mind that there are 50k users so even if 1% complains it would seem a lot. Would be interesting to see a poll to determine how this has affected the community and if a large majority is planning to turn their back on that project.

kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:48:31 AM

IF they think doing a marketing gig like this with other medium, they will definitely be sued. But because its an ICO, they think they can do what ever they want. This paints a bad image towards ICO and even crypto currency. Eventhough it is just a prank. The trauma of losing investments are felt by the investors. Thus increasing the chances of  ICO regulation.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:44:02 AM

I'm pretty sure SaveDroid lost a lot of investor confidence with that arrogant move.

It's not funny when you are playing with other people's investments. As an investor, i gave you money because i believe in the value of your new company. I did not give you money so you can give me a lesson on how risky ICOs can be. The CEO clearly doesn't know his investors well enough. If he spent the time meeting them in person instead of creating some south park memes he would see how serious this was.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
alfresidoma

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:50:50 AM

I was a little bit scared too because I invested in them I don't really know how true it is. If they don't have issues with the government and the regulating bodies, I think the stunt should not be a serious one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: