Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoiding the KYC procedure  (Read 445 times)
ICOpools.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

Avoiding the KYC procedure when investing through "dark" pools is for you a plus (provides anonymity and saves time) or a minus (more risks, harm for ICO, illegal status)?

zentcoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:47:33 PM

Avoiding the KYC procedure when investing through "dark" pools is for you a plus (provides anonymity and saves time) or a minus (more risks, harm for ICO, illegal status)?

Well, I think that when a project asks for KYC procedure (especially regarding large investments) - that's good and shows that they're very serious and responsible.
But for people who actually invest (and thus have to pass KYC) - that's another headache - as not many people are willing to share their passports' data, bills info and etc
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:49:14 PM

why are you afraid to do the kyc process? only criminals are afraid that their identity is revealed, if you are a good citizen, you need not be afraid.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:31:09 AM

Keeping your anonymity doesn't mean that you are a criminal.
We know that there are sites/companies that sell their data to other companies and some people don't want it to happen.
Except this, Crypto doesn't mean only, that the wallet is protected through encryption, but also the owner of the alt is unknown to the public.
You can't avoid KYC procedure, but you can avoid investing in ICOs who demand it and use only decentralized exchanges.

why are you afraid to do the kyc process? only criminals are afraid that their identity is revealed, if you are a good citizen, you need not be afraid.
ICOpools.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:33:36 PM

Keeping your anonymity doesn't mean that you are a criminal.
We know that there are sites/companies that sell their data to other companies and some people don't want it to happen.
Except this, Crypto doesn't mean only, that the wallet is protected through encryption, but also the owner of the alt is unknown to the public.
You can't avoid KYC procedure, but you can avoid investing in ICOs who demand it and use only decentralized exchanges.

What about pools which help investors to avoid KYC  in ICOs who demand it?
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

Well, I think that when a project asks for KYC procedure (especially regarding large investments) - that's good and shows that they're very serious and responsible.
But for people who actually invest (and thus have to pass KYC) - that's another headache - as not many people are willing to share their passports' data, bills info and etc

i think its not guarantee that they have a serious project at all. why we must store our information to the stuff that we even didn't know for what is the data ?
its more possible that they will used it for more dark job.

there's no guarantee that our investment will go to the price as the project expected, right ?

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

Come on now. Hiding your identity does not mean you are a criminal. As someone already pointed out earlier, some good citizens just do not want to give too much info about themselves.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:47:00 PM

Avoid KYC didnt really mean you are criminal or bad person. Maybe you just dont want to gave your information to that company, and joining pools can make our investment easier, if there some bonus for whale or early investor we also get it right ? Its pools more people more money.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

I am avoiding these KYC processes why ? because i dont want my identity to be stolen by someone else,because it can be sold to the darkweb and if your IDs would be given to the wrong hands you might face a lot of charges if your identify was used into some illegal activities on the internet which is why we should avoid these KYCs.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:32:01 PM

I agree that for a lot of people in crypto, staying anonymous is very important thing, also you never know if your personal data is professionally protected. On the other hand, most of the projects doing ICO are now do what they can to be SEC compliant to avoid legal issues in the future. This means KYC/AML is required to invest - in this case pooling is illegal and can cause problems. I think it will be harder to stay completely anonymous because of all regulations that are coming to crypto space.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

It is true that it is somehow risky to go through KYC procedure because if you are going to make a big investment, your information will not be anonymous, and who knows if your personal information is really secured with whoever are you going to pass your KYC to. However, some projects require KYC because it is part of legal procedure, which can be positive because that only means that they are of legal entity.
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:37:50 PM

For me, for example, it's difficult to pass KYC of a foreign passport. A Russian passport many do not accept. Well, to shine their data is not clear to anyone, too, do not want to.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:42:30 PM

Many understand perfectly well that the procedure KYC was created not for investors and not for the safety of investors, it is created for developers who will use the data of investors. Therefore, I do not recognize this procedure as legitimate.
APICEMTECH

Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:46:45 PM

You are spot on that investing in ICO's using pools operated by third parties have made it much easier for american and chinese investors to take part in ICO's for which otherwise they were not legally allowed. However the drawback in that you have to trust the pool manager with your eth and you can't be sure that you will be given the extra bonus and stuff.

cryptocrocs

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:55:30 PM

I did use cryptocurrencies because i wanted to have my privacy back,without these anonimity i wont be here that is why these kyc verifications shouldnt be required to most of the users because we are a decentralized community which makes no one in charge to dictate people's decision,bounties shouldnt be required any of these verifications too.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Faeton

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:23:30 PM

If the ICO project team requires investors to pass a KYC test, it does not mean that the team is serious and not scammers. Scammers are even more interested in conducting such a check, because they not only can later hide with investors' money, but also sell their personal data and copies of documents on the Internet. There is a paradoxical situation: the ICO team takes money from investors, requires identification data from them, copies of passports, and do not produce their own documents.
I am more involved in ICO projects as a participant in the signature campaign and if I see that they require to undergo an examination of KYC in the conditions of joining the ICO campaign or do not exclude the possibility of holding it in the future, I basically leave this project, no matter how promising it might seem .

reypinioco

Merit: 19

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:30:27 PM

If they asked us to have kyc verifications why wouldnt they do their own KYC so that people woll know who really they are,that would be much better so that there will be less scam ICOs in our community as we all know that most of the new projects are scams,and shouldnt be trusted those projects as they are created just to raise funds and eventually runaway.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:50:55 PM

One think of a concern to me is the abuse of these data these ICOs are collecting for their token sale, I don't think anyone investing less than $2k should go through any KYC. I have observed a high number of phishing mail since I started investing into these KYC ICOs which is a concern because some of these website were been hackeda dn these information going to wrong hands is dangerous

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

If I need to buy an ico I use KYC approved person/ a friend to buy tokens together. Staying anonimity is not a crime, but I have not sent any KYC docs for ico projects yet. I'm afraid about privacy hackers (Who can remember the last hacking attack that stole KYC docs from an ico project by hackers? I heard some rumors that those docs have sold in dark web.

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:06:28 PM

I think that for people who invest 100-1000 $ this procedure is not dangerous, but if your investment in ico is 10k + $ then then you want to feel security for storing passport data and be sure that they do not sold intruders
Anonymity is your safety

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: