Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does not it bother anyone that BTC value increasing too fast?  (Read 7655 times)
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:55:03 AM

Yes, I do see you knocking people for getting wealthy. Or should I cut and paste the post you made about how bitcoiners becoming wealthy was just as bad as our current wealthy bankers.

You are constantly knocking bitcoin almost any chance you get. I'm glad you a passionate about Ripple. But shouldn't you join/start and Ripple forum? Seriously.

You misunderstand, it's not about wealthy, those comments are about Bitcoin not solving the problems, so the people end up being beholden to wealthy Bitcoiners under a new currency.  A currency that few have and the majority have to come to the few to get.  Same old thing, just a different fiat.  You apparently don't understand much of our global monetary issues and thus my comments are flying over your head.  I can see you are emotional but that's really your issue.  You are also free to click that little ignore button at any time you choose, to join the rest of the crybabies who I'm glad I don't have to listen to anymore.  

There's a little thing called freedom, maybe you've heard of it.  So I'll continue to post as long as I choose.  I'm not here to be your friend and I don't care if I hurt your feelings.  I say what I want, when I want and if that's too much for you, then kindly stop responding.  If you'd like to have an actual conversation, that doesn't include your feeling getting hurt everytime someone mentions Ripple, I'm more than happy to do that too.  It's your call, sport.   Wink

Sounds like the only coin that would make you happy is CommieCoin!  Cheesy

I do agree with people being too sensitive whenever someone is critical of their beloved alt-coin!
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:58:31 AM

Yes, I do see you knocking people for getting wealthy. Or should I cut and paste the post you made about how bitcoiners becoming wealthy was just as bad as our current wealthy bankers.

You are constantly knocking bitcoin almost any chance you get. I'm glad you a passionate about Ripple. But shouldn't you join/start and Ripple forum? Seriously.

You misunderstand, it's not about wealthy, those comments are about Bitcoin not solving the problems, so the people end up being beholden to wealthy Bitcoiners under a new currency.  A currency that few have and the majority have to come to the few to get.  Same old thing, just a different fiat.  You apparently don't understand much of our global monetary issues and thus my comments are flying over your head.  I can see you are emotional but that's really your issue.  You are also free to click that little ignore button at any time you choose, to join the rest of the crybabies who I'm glad I don't have to listen to anymore.  

There's a little thing called freedom, maybe you've heard of it.  So I'll continue to post as long as I choose.  I'm not here to be your friend and I don't care if I hurt your feelings.  I say what I want, when I want and if that's too much for you, then kindly stop responding.  If you'd like to have an actual conversation, that doesn't include your feeling getting hurt everytime someone mentions Ripple, I'm more than happy to do that too.  It's your call, sport.   Wink

No need to be condescending. I understand our global monetary structures very well. You are more idealistic than I. You think BTC should become a viable world currency or nothing at all. I don't believe that BTC or Ripple will usurp our banks. I do not think the major global currencies will fail anytime soon. I do not think that any crytocurrency will rule the financial world.

I do believe that BTC has a good chance of becoming a niche currency or a solid secondary currency for some/potentially most of the world. I think BTC is a better store of wealth than any precious metal and thus has the opportunity to grab at least a decent share of the asset class resources. I think BTC as a major money transmitter is going to happen.

I think the eco-system that is starting to bud up and around BTC will create innovations for BTC that you and I have no imagined. I think this will happen because BTC is a true people's currency.

And I think BTC has the chance to make me rich. And I have a lot of important projects I want to finance to make the world a better place.

You are welcome to post all you want on here, obviously. I also have the right to call you out on what I believe is an ideology that is not well thought out.
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:01:22 AM

Bitcoin is a populist currency because it's decentralized. Ripple is controlled entirely by one company -- they make the ripples and decide how they are distributed. I looked into Ripple a few months ago and decided not to support it, because it's one corporation creating a new form of money out of thin air and trying to get people to use their new money so that they, the Ripple corporation, can get rich. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is not controlled by any single corporation and everything regarding bitcoin is decided by community consensus.

Basically, Ripple is like somebody creating a new version of the Encyclopedia Britannica. Bitcoin is like Wikipedia. One is centrally controlled, the other is not. That's why I support bitcoin and not Ripple™.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:14:50 AM

No need to be condescending. I understand our global monetary structures very well. You are more idealistic than I. You think BTC should become a viable world currency or nothing at all. I don't believe that BTC or Ripple will usurp our banks. I do not think the major global currencies will fail anytime soon. I do not think that any crytocurrency will rule the financial world.

I do believe that BTC has a good chance of becoming a niche currency or a solid secondary currency for some/potentially most of the world. I think BTC is a better store of wealth than any precious metal and thus has the opportunity to grab at least a decent share of the asset class resources. I think BTC as a major money transmitter is going to happen.

I think the eco-system that is starting to bud up and around BTC will create innovations for BTC that you and I have no imagined. I think this will happen because BTC is a true people's currency.

And I think BTC has the chance to make me rich. And I have a lot of important projects I want to finance to make the world a better place.

You are welcome to post all you want on here, obviously. I also have the right to call you out on what I believe is an ideology that is not well thought out.

Thank you for coming with some reasonable dialect.  We are in agreement to a point as I don't think any single crypto currency will rule the world.  However, it's not about BTC being a viable world currency or nothing at all, it's that even if it was a global currency, it wouldn't solve our problems.  Fractional banking would still exist.  Bitcoin does not prevent that.  Just as if you replace currency with gold, it won't prevent that.  That's what I was talking about in the comments you previously referenced.  Bitcoin's deflationary nature also promotes hoarding which is detrimental to a currency.  All of which I've said, as my own opinion. 

Now you're right, you have the right to call me out on anything you want.  And I welcome and respect it because I obviously do the same.   Wink  If I happen to be wrong, I'll even admit it.  I think Bitcoin will be a currency of some people.  I think their will actually be many self issued currencies that will emerge from global economic meltdown.  I'm of the belief that the closer we get to a barter system, the more solvent our future will be.  That's really why I like Ripple and the fact I can still use Bitcoin too is a huge plus.  That's just me.  I realize when some people hear "Ripple" they get defensive because the really hear, "Bitcoin competitor".  I know that's not the truth so, I don't have issue in speaking on it and just as you want to build projects to make the world a better place, so do I.  And I said as much and you attacked me because it contained the word "Ripple".  Maybe you should take a look at that, before trying to figure out if my "ideology is well thought out."

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:18:03 AM

Bitcoin is a populist currency because it's decentralized. Ripple is controlled entirely by one company -- they make the ripples and decide how they are distributed. I looked into Ripple a few months ago and decided not to support it, because it's one corporation creating a new form of money out of thin air and trying to get people to use their new money so that they, the Ripple corporation, can get rich. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is not controlled by any single corporation and everything regarding bitcoin is decided by community consensus.

Basically, Ripple is like somebody creating a new version of the Encyclopedia Britannica. Bitcoin is like Wikipedia. One is centrally controlled, the other is not. That's why I support bitcoin and not Ripple™.

Except Bitcoin is no longer decentralized.  It's controlled by huge mining farms, that are one way or another, controlled by the Bitcoin foundation/core developers.  I'm not going to rehash Ripple for you, other that to say, you really have no idea what you're talking about.  "Looking into" something and learning about something, are two completely separate things, as you've clearly just shown.

freebird

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:25:25 AM

Except Bitcoin is no longer decentralized.  It's controlled by huge mining farms, that are controlled by the Bitcoin foundation.  I'm not going to rehash Ripple for you, other that to say, you really have no idea what you're talking about.  "Looking into" something and learning about something, are two completely separate things, as you've clearly just shown.

I realize that people can also trade bitcoin or other altcoins using the Ripple platform, or even create their own currencies, and maybe in that way Ripple could become a useful service. If they had just done that, I'd be all for it. But what I don't like is the fact that they also created their own currency, the ripple, and they are hoping to make lots of money by getting people to use it. That is the very definition of fiat currency.

I don't expect the ripple to catch on as a currency anyway, so I suspect it's a moot point, but let's just say I'd be much more positive towards Ripple if they stuck to being a platform for exchanging altcoins rather than trying to create their own fiat money.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:37:34 AM

I realize that people can also trade bitcoin or other altcoins using the Ripple platform, or even create their own currencies, and maybe in that way Ripple could become a useful service. If they had just done that, I'd be all for it. But what I don't like is the fact that they also created their own currency, the ripple, and they are hoping to make lots of money by getting people to use it. That is the very definition of fiat currency.

I don't expect the ripple to catch on as a currency anyway, so I suspect it's a moot point, but let's just say I'd be much more positive towards Ripple if they stuck to being a platform for exchanging altcoins rather than trying to create their own fiat money.

That's a fair argument and one that has been made many times.  You have to have a crypto currency inside the network to prevent spam.  That's a given.  Whether they should be able to profit off that currency is a personal matter and you're right, it could be a moot point because people don't have to use it.  They are gambling that people will use it and XRP will be valuable but nothing says that it will.  The Ripple network will work just fine if XRP is not ridiculously valuable.  The ability to create ones own currency is where I think Ripple will really save the day after global collapse.  Because then communities can issue their own currencies based on their own labor and exchange them for goods and services.  There is nothing more "free" and full of liberty than the people's ability to issue their own currencies.  And, people can still use Bitcoin or any other currency their "communities" choose so, it's just free all the way around, IMO.  I don't want anyone to tell me I have to use one currency or the other.  I just want to do what I want.  That's one of my issues with Bitcoin, is people try to jam it down your throat like Jahovah's Witness' or something.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:41:17 AM

The price is only allowed to rise this fast:

Now it is rising too fast and the train has been derailed.
freebird

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:43:03 AM

That's a fair argument and one that has been made many times.  You have to have a crypto currency inside the network to prevent spam.  That's a given.  Whether they should be able to profit off that currency is a personal matter and you're right, it could be a moot point because people don't have to use it.  They are gambling that people will use it and XRP will be valuable but nothing says that it will.  The Ripple network will work just fine if XRP is not ridiculously valuable.  The ability to create ones own currency is where I think Ripple will really save the day after global collapse.  Because then communities can issue their own currencies based on their own labor and exchange them for goods and services.  There is nothing more "free" and full of liberty than the people's ability to issue their own currencies.  

I like the idea of people and communities being able to issue their own currencies. It'll be interesting to see whether Ripple or "colored bitcoin" will catch on for that purpose. Maybe both will. And maybe lots of people will use bitcoins on Ripple. I'm guessing that first-mover advantage will give bitcoin the advantage as a widespread digital currency, but as you say, it's possible that Ripple could succeed as a useful business even if XRP does not become a widely used currency.

Coinseeker

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:48:32 AM

I like the idea of people and communities being able to issue their own currencies. It'll be interesting to see whether Ripple or "colored bitcoin" will catch on for that purpose. Maybe both will. And maybe lots of people will use bitcoins on Ripple. I'm guessing that first-mover advantage will give bitcoin the advantage as a widespread digital currency, but as you say, it's possible that Ripple could succeed as a useful business even if XRP does not become a widely used currency.

Right.  I think Bitcoin is going to show people that crypto-currency is safe, in that it can't be hacked so it's ok to use, day to day and to store value.  So, Bitcoin is really educating people on new tech and that's needed if we're ever going to see a transformational change.  Otherwise, they'll just revert back to some new government fiat, based on some politicians clever speeches.  I don't think Bitcoin will ever cease to exist in the space as a store of value and I think there will always be some who will use it for transaction too.  Whether that is a larger percentage of the population, remains to be seen.  I'm betting no because of all the reasons I've previously stated.

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:02:36 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 05:21:43 AM by jdbtracker

Price has reached 900.00!! It could be a bubble, it moved too damn quickly... a 900.000 dollar correction, would drop it down under 100.00 at this point... to stabilize at 300.00, but if it can be sustained...

At this point, we need media, we need businesses that accept Bitcoin to be very easily accessible... whatever the Bitcoin community has built so far, will have to do and this new surge has to be advertised and catered too, with the newly available funds that this boom has created ASAP. Those ATMs can't get on the ground fast enough, and everyone better start investing atleast a quarter of what you have, I know I am. I'm buying ASICS, shares and buying some goods, 50% of what I got is going that way, the rest for the future.

I really hope we can sustain this level of Market Capital; If there is a drop, it could turn into a cascade as people try to cash in before it drops... lets just be happy with what we have achieved a small loss in price now, is better then a torrent of dumpers.

on the positive side if we can go beyond 1500.00 the price will be stable at that market capitalization, 18 billion dollars... that will be very nice to see.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:58:29 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159507.msg3635046#msg3635046
mateo

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:17:20 AM

Price has reached 900.00!! It could be a bubble, it moved too damn quickly... a 900.000 dollar correction, would drop it down under 100.00 at this point... to stabilize at 300.00, but if it can be sustained...

At this point, we need media, we need businesses that accept Bitcoin to be very easily accessible... whatever the Bitcoin community has built so far, will have to do and this new surge has to be advertised and catered too, with the newly available funds that this boom has created ASAP. Those ATMs can't get on the ground fast enough, and everyone better start investing atleast a quarter of what you have, I know I am. I'm buying ASICS, shares and buying some goods, 50% of what I got is going that way, the rest for the future.

I really hope we can sustain this level of Market Capital; If there is a drop, it could turn into a cascade as people try to cash in before it drops... lets just be happy with what we have achieved a small loss in price now, is better then a torrent of dumpers.

on the positive side if we can go beyond 1500.00 the price will be stable at that market capitalization, 18 billion dollars... that will be very nice to see.

The volatility is ridiculous. It is becoming impossible doing business with Bitcoin now. At least with escrow.

BTC to the moon!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:23:10 AM

The volatility is ridiculous. It is becoming impossible doing business with Bitcoin now. At least with escrow.

maybe use bitpay?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: