Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CGB] Cryptogenic Bullion's MADEsparq Project: Made Alignment Data Exploration  (Read 7477 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mercSuey (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:03:19 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 12:30:46 AM by mercSuey

Cryptogenic Bullion's MADEsparq Project:
Made Alignment Data Exploration

Mercury Stills

mercurystills@gmail.com

https://plus.google.com/+MercuryStills/about

https://cryptogenicbullion.org/

November 12, 2013, version 0.1

Abstract

This paper introduces a new paradigm for utilizing the hash string outputs from the proof-of-work or proof-of-stake scheme of the virtual commodity, Cryptogenic Bullion (CB).  This new paradigm, named the MADEsparq Project, aims to blur the defining lines between currency, technology, and data by using the CB block chain to mediate the mapping of data to create, and add value, to content and unstructured and semi-structured data.  Over time, as more data is mapped onto the CB block chain from a vast spectrum of subjects and interests, chance occurrences for discovering valuable mathematical, structural, functional, or social relationships from the overlap and intersection of data mappings increase.  Therefore, since the data mappings onto the CB block chain can overlap from separate knowledge-domains, there is the potential for new insights and discoveries from the collaboration of participants in the MADEsparq Project, whose specialties lie in vastly different subject matters, that might not have been possible before.  Thus, the intrinsic value of the virtual commodity (ie. CB's hash chain) mediating the data mappings should increase over time.

White paper download link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pbTBEU1g0d0NmY28/edit?usp=sharing

Website (under construction):   http://MADEsparq.org

NOTE: This is a draft.  It's not quite finished yet but it's good enough to update the CB community of our first main project which I've been hinting.  Please use this thread to share constructive criticism and misunderstandings.  Although the paper is meant for the laymen, it's still quite dense with meaning.  I personally think it will change the world but I'm sure some people will read it and think, "Huh?".

<rant>

When I read the following statement a couple months ago

“Alternate block chains compete with bitcoins financially, confuse our message to the world, and dilute our efforts. These barriers interfere with the adoption momentum of bitcoin and the adoption momentum of alternate currencies as well, regardless of how well-conceived their rules may be.”

in this coindesk article about the MasterCoin project, I have to admit it got under my skin.  It sounded like imperialism 2.0.

It would be silly for the MADEsparq Project to not support Bitcoin's block chain, but this ideology that Bitcoin is the virtual currency and that the only altcoins to exist should be made through Bitcoin is absurd.  There are millions of creative and highly skilled people who have yet to get involved with virtual currencies.  And if nonsense keeps being said like the above statement then I doubt virtual currencies will ever gain mass adoption, because anybody with half a brain will be able to see the truth of what's happening.  And that it's the same imperialist bull shit that has been going on since, well, the invention of currency...

I think the virtual currency world needs a strong Bitcoin--price stability and strength is crucial for any economic and monetary system.  And I just don't see any other virtual currency growing bigger than Bitcoin--I'll be blunt, it just ain't happening.  And the reasons for it now are more political than anything else, especially with the kind of funds being invested in the ASIC industry.  But true adoption by the private sector won't happen until there are legitimate options to help allocate and manage risk better.  Bitcoin absolutely will not be the only virtual currency to be supported if there is to be true mass adoption, because it quite simply cannot.  Yes, MasterCoin will help in this regard.  But as the MADEsparq Project exhibits, there are many ways to be an innovative coin.

On another note, I applaud the possible regulation meetings to take place in New York next month.  And I emphatically cheer the possibility of a Bit License being a requirement not only for merchants adopting Bitcoin as a payment option but of also a representative on a virtual currency's development team.  If there's a fee to register a virtual currency so to be used in the USA (a fee for each state maybe), then so be it.  But let it not be a trivial amount either!  I would cheer such a fee!  That, in my humble opinion, would be the final nail in the coffin of so many of these shady losers on this forum making coins.  Good riddance!

</rant>

Supervising the long term stability of Cryptogenic Bullion is one of my main priorities.  I have considered many ideas, including revision to the PoS scheme so to be more secure and being PoS-only.  But it's not an easy task and I'll have even less time now given my priorities to help develop MADEsparq Project.  But I have recently considered the idea of converting the PoW scheme of Cryptogenic Bullion to be merged mined with BTC.  Perhaps Garzik or somebody else on the Bitcoin dev team could pm or email me to further discuss the possibility.  But at the very least, I'll be scheduling a hard-fork in about a month or so from now that will increase the block times slightly so that the block relationship between the PoW and PoS schemes are more smooth.  As mentioned before, even though I kept elambert in the loop of my project plans, I did not officially join the Cryptogenic Bullion dev team until almost a month after its release.  So now I'm revising some of the original PoW/PoS specs to increase mining efficiency while also increasing long-term stability.  This has become even more important now that its block chain is intricately involved with MADEsparq Project.  

If another member of a major virtual currency would like to discuss any matter, please feel free to email me using the above email address.

Cheers.

-Merc

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:03:28 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 09:18:12 PM by mercSuey

I would ask for the CB community to help spread the word of MADEsparq Project.  Post in Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, other exchange chat boxes, etc.

MADEsparq twitter page: https://twitter.com/MADEsparq

MADEsparq Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/MADEsparq

MADEsparq White Paper:   http://cryptogenicbullion.org/#papers

MADEsparq twitter handle @MADEsparq

I'll be holding a logo contest soon.  There will be more than one winner and the winning logos will be the preliminary logos used for the 99designs contracts.  Stay tuned...
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:04:08 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 08:27:25 PM by mercSuey

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:05:49 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 12:55:50 PM by Killiz

Reserved
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 08:27:28 PM

I've went through it very quickly and I must say that I haven't been this impressed (in relation to cryptocurrencies) in a long time. This could potentially be something of great value, and you should definitely try to maybe work out something for that merge mining.
Keep up the great work merc.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:29:06 PM

I've went through it very quickly and I must say that I haven't been this impressed (in relation to cryptocurrencies) in a long time. This could potentially be something of great value, and you should definitely try to maybe work out something for that merge mining.

Thanks! 
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:57:00 PM

reserved....wow wow triple WOW, F@*k me.

Bringing like minds together.;.....

This could be a social revolution......

Non profit.....but owner shares as in owning CGB.......

Mind blowing stuff merc  Cheesy

Only read so much so still RESERVED  Grin

HUH?

Ha!  Thanks!
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:02:30 PM

Thanks! 

Merc just read through the whitepaper, I personally think you are a genius and a revolutionary. This is completely blowing my mind right now, the opportunities for this project can be used in so many different ways. Again you are brilliant.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Great work Merc!
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:30:48 PM

Thank you also elambert! Love you guys! Making history right now, so excited.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:54:55 PM

Sleep.....I think.....will evade me tonight...
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:00:44 PM

This is f*king amazing!  Grin Congrats on your work Merc!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Unfortunately I am only able to skim through this at the moment as I'm TOTALLY swamped...

However, I must say from what I briefly gleamed I am impressed, and I'm NEVER impressed. I will be most certainly be setting aside some time as soon as possible to read this thoroughly and I will of course let you know my full thoughts and give feedback.

Also, salute for the eMunie mention Smiley

mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:23:16 PM

Unfortunately I am only able to skim through this at the moment as I'm TOTALLY swamped...

However, I must say from what I briefly gleamed I am impressed, and I'm NEVER impressed. I will be most certainly be setting aside some time as soon as possible to read this thoroughly and I will of course let you know my full thoughts and give feedback.

Also, salute for the eMunie mention Smiley

Thanks, much appreciated!
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

Man o man, very, very impressive Merc! Even with having prior insight to some of the ideas, I am still mind f'd. Needless to say, I am proud to see this coming to fruition and look forward to this revolutionary experience. So happy for and proud of you my man!
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:15:32 AM

WTF ?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 12:37:45 AM

Is MADEspark anything like Megatron's AllSpark?

And more importantly, how does the MadeSpark mitigate the now very obvious Bitcoin Effect?

Thanks.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:01:42 AM

WTF ?

Did you have a question?   lol.

The first red flag is that this is a self moderated thread.  Meaning free speech will be frowned upon.

From my experience that's always a red flag for a dubious mind.

But I am curious if this will stop the Bitcoin assault which I doubt will work, but maybe I'm wrong.  Every alt coin out there would pay anything to the first guy who finds a solution to the Bitcoin Effect.

mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:26:33 AM

WTF ?

Did you have a question?   lol.

The first red flag is that this is a self moderated thread.  Meaning free speech will be frowned upon.

But I am curious if this will stop the Bitcoin assault which I doubt will work, but maybe I'm wrong.  Every alt coin out there would pay anything to the first guy who finds a solution to the Bitcoin Effect.

This thread is self-moderated to keep away the trolls, which this forum is full of...

---

I am not sure what this Bitcoin Effect is that you mention. 
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:37:01 AM

WTF ?

Did you have a question?   lol.

The first red flag is that this is a self moderated thread.  Meaning free speech will be frowned upon.

But I am curious if this will stop the Bitcoin assault which I doubt will work, but maybe I'm wrong.  Every alt coin out there would pay anything to the first guy who finds a solution to the Bitcoin Effect.

This thread is self-moderated to keep away the trolls, which this forum is full of...

---

I am not sure what this Bitcoin Effect is that you mention.  

The Bitcoin effect which I've been warning about for months is the effect which occurs everytime Bitcoin goes up.  99.9% of all alt coins go down and they go down hard everytim Bitcoin goes on a run.

Even Litecoin gets killed.  

So any new concept or solution for any alt coin should take this phenomenon into account otherwise once Bitcoin starts going back up, CGB, along with all other alts, will go into freefall (again).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: