Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Blockchain Tech to Combat Fake News  (Read 125 times)
HopeHK (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:22:46 PM

I read that the founder of Wikipedia is trying to figure out how to combat fake news with blockchain from Bitcoin.  Anyone with tech knowledge know how this could work?
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:06:30 AM

Blockchain technology works decentralized and it's very good from scams because we understand that the data included in the Blockchain technology then the data will not be deleted, and this can reduce the fraud that made a person or a certain person.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

I read that the founder of Wikipedia is trying to figure out how to combat fake news with blockchain from Bitcoin.  Anyone with tech knowledge know how this could work?

That idea is very complex. Even IT does not have and idea on how they will do it. Fake news that are spreading is outside of the blockchain sphere since article and news networks including social media is not covered by such technology. Possibly they are going to create a blockchain based news website about cryptocurrency and all news that will be published will be monitored and could be verified before it could be published.
sate_padang

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:43:27 AM

Blockchain technology has a highly decentralized system that is very transparent and when using this system I believe it will reduce fraud because with data that can not be deleted.
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:51:52 AM

I am really passionate about this project as it helps to combat lies in the world
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:54:53 AM

Did he really said that ? I doubt it.According to my sources,I thought he said this : https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/05/ico-or-initial-coin-offerings-are-an-absolute-scam-wikipedias-jimmy-wales.html
Do you mind linking us to the source of your information ?

Combating fake news with blockchain is as complex as it sounds because it needs a high level of transparency which I doubt journalists are ready to offer.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:57:47 AM

To be honest, I don't have any knowledge on how it would work but I think that that would be a great idea. Fake news nowadays are everywhere. And it causes people to believe in fraud, hoax, and incorrect information. This will lead to a bigger problem like scam and loss of money to anybody affected by such. So, if this would really happen, the fight against fake news will prevail with the help of blockchain technology.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:11:58 AM

Maybe a platform based on blockchain technology with an accompanying token that rewards users for providing quality content and sharing truthful information.
At the same time such a platform could enable flagging fake news, upvoting or downvoting an article, liking, sharing, and so on.
That way, the users of this platform would gain reputation, and earn more tokens as a reward for their quality content and actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: