Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generating Individual Private Key QR Codes?  (Read 1617 times)
Cryptocables (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 220

CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:36:59 PM

Hey all!

Is there a way to enable a QR code for individual private keys somehow? Or am I missing it somewhere? For each of my individual address I like to keep a backup of the individual private key as well that's stored in a vault, but would like to have the QR code available on it "just for being picky"'s sake.

I am able to view the plain text list with the root key and chain code, but not sure if there is an option somewhere to make a QR code with the individual private keys as well.

Thanks in advance and happy coining!

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡
🐐 https://www.voltagegoat.com
🐐 http://www.twitter.com/VoltageGoat

High Voltage Crypto Illuminations. Neons, Nixies, Numitrons, ++ more Smiley
Official Launchpad of the Numitron Bitcoin Ticker Rocket
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makaveiljojo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:11:08 AM

I'm quite new with this QR code thing and I haven't tried to generate QR code as individual private keys but heard of it true. I got this link on Bitcoin for you, check if it is helpful:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys
Nana111

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:25:08 AM

I'm quite new with this QR code thing and I haven't tried to generate QR code as individual private keys but heard of it true. I got this link on Bitcoin for you, check if it is helpful:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys

Hi there
Thanks for your nice sharing.As QR Code has a wide valid data scope, thus, people often encode a website link into QR Code. Then one can easily visit this website by just scanning the QR code barcode, instead of entering the url in the web browser. Therefore, QR Code has been widely used in the marketing and advertising field as a promotion tool. I hope Bitcon supports to do that directly
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:37:11 AM

Hey all!

Is there a way to enable a QR code for individual private keys somehow? Or am I missing it somewhere? For each of my individual address I like to keep a backup of the individual private key as well that's stored in a vault, but would like to have the QR code available on it "just for being picky"'s sake.

I am able to view the plain text list with the root key and chain code, but not sure if there is an option somewhere to make a QR code with the individual private keys as well.

Thanks in advance and happy coining!

The Armory backup procedure backs up all keys the wallet could ever generate except for imported keys.  Thus you don't need to backup the private keys individually.

I'm not sure how this works but if you start revealing private keys from an Armory wallet individually you may be compromising some of the security, so if you back them up individually you may mistakenly reveal them individually.

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: