Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would anyone be up for once a week online poker tournament?  (Read 3650 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

I used to play a once a month poker tournament in college, and I was thinking it be fun to get back into that and I have a lot more time. My friend showed me some open source poker software that would make it easy to setup a server and accept bitcoins and maybe even have some free games going. Anyone interested?
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:09:14 PM

Make it.
spartacus_

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:15:27 PM

I am interested.

COINVALIDATION IS SLAVERY NAMECOIN IS FREEDOM
BOYCOTT COINVALIDATION BUY NAMECOINS
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

I would love something like this.  It definitely is nice finding a good site to play a game of poker here and there.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Ok I will work on it when i get some time to figure out the software and integrate bitcoins. If there are some features you want leave them here. I am thinking it will use a rake on the prize pool, and when it makes enough to pay the server bills, the rake will be 0%.

If you wanted to as well, you can just keep the rake and use it for special bonuses for a monthly tournament, or something like that.

Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:55:32 PM

Yeah sounds good. What's the buy in gonna be?
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:27:40 AM

It really depends on what is the price, if it is really high like 10 BTC. why not?
specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:36:25 AM

I would be very interested in this, sort of like a cool "poker club"  Every week, I'll deposit up to about a hundred bucks to get a seat, I think that's pretty fair.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lucaspm98

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:07:52 AM

Sure, Ill play as long as its withing my budget.
tonino

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:10:14 AM

I used to play a once a month poker tournament in college, and I was thinking it be fun to get back into that and I have a lot more time. My friend showed me some open source poker software that would make it easy to setup a server and accept bitcoins and maybe even have some free games going. Anyone interested?

would this be legal?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:07:10 AM

You should ask seals to add a private poker room. Pokerstars does this.

EDIT: So you can have invite only rooms and deal with bitcoin or free.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:14:06 AM

I rather build it myself, so if people want cool features I can add them and it allows me to experiment much more. Plus seals is decent, but I found something that I think is better Wink

I personally think the time is right for an open source poker client/server. I wonder if any exist?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:50:19 AM

I rather build it myself, so if people want cool features I can add them and it allows me to experiment much more. Plus seals is decent, but I found something that I think is better Wink

I personally think the time is right for an open source poker client/server. I wonder if any exist?

Yes. http://www.cubeia.org/index.php/poker
whitemage

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

Yes if its free and it has high prizes...

tonino

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Yes if its free and it has high prizes...

high prizes is always fine fine but also with small entrance fee would be acceptable, IMHO
gjbronco

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:19:53 AM

I will play. Keep us updated. Smiley
Rainkiss

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:20:57 PM

Online poker in and of itself is not illegal in most of the US, however, playing for real money is. Since BTC is not recognized as legal tender, you can get around it.

I'm always interested in finding more poker games to play. Will this client or web-based (or both)? I favor client based because it's easier to do other things and not miss your turn...

Best of luck, keep us updated.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:33:30 PM

I'll have to wait and see what the agreed buy in will be but I'm interested for sure.  I some of you guys got a crap load of coins and money is no object lol but I don't roll like that.

hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:35:27 PM

I'll have to wait and see what the agreed buy in will be but I'm interested for sure.  I some of you guys got a crap load of coins and money is no object lol but I don't roll like that.

Don't worry there will be a couple tournaments and tables. That should fit what you can afford. Also freeroll tournaments as well, I have a cool idea for these, but it is still very much in the planning stages.

Sounds like this is a little bigger then I originally assumed which is very good news!  I really look forward to learning more as things develop around your plan.

deadgiveaway

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

BitsPoker already has a .005 BTC Buy-in every week tournament with a .5 BTC Guaranteed prizepool. Why not give them your business instead of reinventing the wheel? A bunch of copy cats doesn't do anything useful for the community.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: