Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would anyone be up for once a week online poker tournament?  (Read 3650 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:10:49 PM

Might I suggest you look at my attempt to make it provably fair? I can't code, so I never made a client/server. I have a thread in the games and rounds subforum. But no one played.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infinitybo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:26:24 PM

I will be up for once a week online poker tournament but for the next year Wink
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:49:22 PM

Might I suggest you look at my attempt to make it provably fair? I can't code, so I never made a client/server. I have a thread in the games and rounds subforum. But no one played.

This is one of the reasons why I am building from scratch, this will not be feature for a while, but I making it very easy to implement this is something if sites are using poker mavens can't build in. They protect the shuffling.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

Hell yes.

Make it happen

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
VRTROOP

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:54:41 PM

i am down
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:44:09 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 06:43:24 PM by gweedo

Some really cool updates and some bad news. Bad news first I really wanted to launch this site for january 1st obviously didn't do that. So for the good news, for the next week or two I will be putting my head down and just finishing this thing. It is pretty much done, just that their are some bugs that cause weird things to happen and the poker server crashes. I did allow some selected people to play on the site (just my dev server, using a service to forward it to the public, so it can't hold a full on beta test) they enjoyed it and really had fun.

Now for some FAQ questions answered that are either pmed or emailed to me.
Q: Is this just poker mavens software packaged again?
A: No diss to the other poker sites, but poker mavens software is great for a small home table game, this will be all custom. I am looking to give people a better experience. Like I wanted but was unable to find. I am on a mac so downloading software was always just for windows, and poker mavens is a horrible interface. I am aiming to make this easy to use and easy to setup for future people using this.

Q: Will this be open sourced?
A: At some point the client will be opened sourced so people can hack on it, make it bigger and better. Then the server, but this is very far down the road.

Q: Can people apply for the license to run their own instance of this software?
A: Yes, and people have already just understand that there's currently no price set and this could take around 6 months to get it to that point.

Q: Can you give us a framework of how the software operates?
A: The client and site use php, with jquery to make it real time of what games are open and tables are running and tournaments that are about to begin. It has a custom written java websocket server that is the middle man for all the games. I view the client as just a portal to the game, it doesn't do any heavy lifting.

Q: Are you working on this to be provably fair?
A: Yes! I want this to be the first poker site to be provably fair, is this going to happen in the first release no, but I already have a design for it.

Q: What will be the rake?
A: Rakes haven't been set yet, but they will be low, this venture isn't really out to make a lot of money. It is just that I can't find good poker software. I do have a time length that I want this site to be breaking even, and pay for it's own servers but that is my job and I know how to do that Wink.

Q: Were you contacted by another poker site in Las Vegas, that was interested in bitcoins? << Not a real question that I was asked. Just news I threw in Wink
A: Yes I was, they saw my post and actually had a meeting with me, and I was able to demo it. I explained bitcoins to them they were interested, we also talked about other players in the space. They unfortunately due to the legal grey area didn't really want to endorse what I am doing, but were interested in bitcoins. I had an amazing talk about how bitcoin can really change the shape of poker and bankrolling.

So that is the end of this bit of news. Remember follow the twitter by going to http://dryaces.com
TheMaze

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

No way Out!

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:31:04 AM

You should ask seals to add a private poker room. Pokerstars does this.

EDIT: So you can have invite only rooms and deal with bitcoin or free.

I rather build it myself, so if people want cool features I can add them and it allows me to experiment much more. Plus seals is decent, but I found something that I think is better Wink

I personally think the time is right for an open source poker client/server. I wonder if any exist?

Yes. http://www.cubeia.org/index.php/poker

This is fantastic! let do that!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:35:59 PM

Sounds great gweedo, good luck with the poker site. It would be nice to have something other than poker mavens for a change.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:11:09 PM

I agree, Cubeia is great however unless you plan on purchasing the heavy duty commercial license... You can't customize anything. I went down this route to create a poker site and its a pain in the ass. Easy to set up but you need the commercial if you want to accept bitcoin and customize.. Thats from my experience. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way if you do get it setup I would partake.

edit: if you need help setting it up, let me know. I had to fumble with it a bit before it worked.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

I agree, Cubeia is great however unless you plan on purchasing the heavy duty commercial license... You can't customize anything. I went down this route to create a poker site and its a pain in the ass. Easy to set up but you need the commercial if you want to accept bitcoin and customize.. Thats from my experience. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way if you do get it setup I would partake.

edit: if you need help setting it up, let me know. I had to fumble with it a bit before it worked.

Yeah they told me for a license they wanted $4000 up front and 10% of my revenue so yeah, building this on my own is so much better.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:50:38 PM

SwC would gladly host something small and guarantee an amount.

We can call it a "Bitcointalk Weekly" and I'll bet it will draw.  If someone wants to keep records that's always fun and we can award $100 bees brothers honey caramels and other honey-goodies basket for the 3-month champion or something like that.

I'm open to ideas / SwC is certainly here to serve this community and if it wasn't implicit we can do this tourney rake-free.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:37:19 AM

Any updates on the poker room?
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

But out of this project did spawn a couple small project that allowed me to see some weakness in the community services. Wink

So you're opening a decentralized USD / Bitcoin exchange???  Shocked
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:34:36 PM

Well A few ideas!
1. Some % of the buy-in to the tournament should go to the monthly server fee
2. Another % of the buy-in should go to a free roll once a month where players are automatically registered if they play in any tournament!

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: