Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:07:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people have you convinced to get Bitcoins?  (Read 1021 times)
Singlebyte (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:34:19 PM

I have had the opportunity to convince two people to purchase Bitcoins.  They purchased $6700 combined and both are up (a lot!) since owning them.  I suspect they will be telling their friends and more purchases will be coming. How many people have you convinced to purchase BTC?
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:35:46 PM

A lot.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4111

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:37:35 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 12:10:32 AM by Welsh

I've convinced a few. At first they thought it was play money. But, then I started to show them the profit I was making and then they got hooked....making more than me. But, I have got a lot more people interested in it. Yet to actually get them to invest in it. Hopefully some more companies will be accepting Bitcoins soon.
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:38:10 PM

1 or 2 people
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:42:26 PM

I've gotten my family interested in it at least.. but as with any investment, I feel that it must be up to them to pull the trigger or not.
I can take risks with my own money and be fine with it... I can't recommend risky investments to friends directly, even if I myself wholeheartedly believe in Bitcoin. If Bitcoin dies, I can accept my loss. But I can't accept having talked someone into that same loss.

So my strategy is simply to be as diplomatic and neutral as possible. After explaining what it is and the possibilities of the protocol, I usually end up saying something like "It can either end up at zero or $100k.. for me personally, the possible upside is worth the risk". But that's as far as I go. The rest is up to them.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 12:24:33 AM

1 or 2

I write alot about bitcoin but dont talk so much about it with my friends because this is risky new technologie. and also they dont understand anything about the history of money. They would not understand the hole idea of it. Its boring for the most people. They want to talk abOut football and stupid tv shows. So iam ok with that and i have a kind of a double life 😉

djalexr

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:33:49 AM

Around 5 or 6 people...

I do my best to remain objective/neutral when presenting bitcoin - this is very hard though tbh, and I do inevitably end up coming out with stuff like that you should buy bitcoins regardless of its value, but also as a statement against the current banking system - and to motivate your own further research into the topic.

It's a slippery slope though. Once you buy bitcoin, theres no going back!

Still, no-one is complaining at the moment! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: