Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:41:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No token balances found  (Read 116 times)
stephen.dedalus (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:11:57 AM

Hi everybody
I have a couple of thousands of appc (erc20) token in binance, but when i check the balance of the deposit address into etherscan or ethplorer it says No token balances found
whats the problem and how should i check it?
jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:15:47 AM

i think  youve mistake to put your ETH address or your rejected to the airdrop!!
you should check always what your doing to apply an airdrop so you can have token !!
and save it to your note and you need copy for backup when you got erase your ETH
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:26:46 AM

Hi everybody
I have a couple of thousands of appc (erc20) token in binance, but when i check the balance of the deposit address into etherscan or ethplorer it says No token balances found

Binance is a trading site exchange,and that you mean that you check your erc 20 token portfolio in etherscan i.o or explorer you only doing that in checking in your MEW wallet if im not wrong,why you should not check that your token when you transact  in binance website there is smart contract there you can see your deposit token,or maybe you mistake  when you doing your transaction,and your tokens is blown away,for more information there is a guide,on how to see your deposit coins in binance trading site.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
stephen.dedalus (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:20:51 AM

thanks for your reply, but i think u didnt get me.
my problem is simple
I have some appc in binance, how should i check its balance from outside , a block explorer such as blockchain info for bitcoin , etherscan and ethplorer are ones i think.
should i check the balance of the  deposit address? when i do this there is no token in it . why?
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:56:00 AM

my problem is simple
I have some appc in binance, how should i check its balance from outside , a block explorer such as blockchain info for bitcoin , etherscan and ethplorer are ones i think.
should i check the balance of the  deposit address? when i do this there is no token in it . why?

If you have them on binance, then you don't really have them on your own address. It's binance's address. Once you have transferred them to your own address (receiving address of your wallet, which is controlled by your own private key), you can check them using an online tool such as ethplorer. Then you would be able to put your address and check the amount of tokens.

Edit. I don't really think that you can use their deposit address. They might be using it for other people's coins. Not sure about this, maybe someone can clarify this further.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 10:01:47 AM

Hi everybody
There is a difference between Binance and MyEtherWallet. Binance is an exchange site whereas MyEtherWallet is a wallet for keeping your tokens. Once you have your tokens transferred to Binance, they are no longer in your wallet for ethplorer or etherscan to keep track of them. Unless you scan the specific address you sent the tokens to on Binance.

cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:12:01 AM

Hi everybody
Binance and myetherwallet are different. You can check your balance in Binance itself not in etherscan. Log in to your binance account and you can check if your token is there. You can only see your token in etherscan if you withdraw your token from binance to myetherwallet.
stephen.dedalus (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:16:42 PM

Hi everybody
Binance and myetherwallet are different. You can check your balance in Binance itself not in etherscan. Log in to your binance account and you can check if your token is there. You can only see your token in etherscan if you withdraw your token from binance to myetherwallet.
Hi everybody
There is a difference between Binance and MyEtherWallet. Binance is an exchange site whereas MyEtherWallet is a wallet for keeping your tokens. Once you have your tokens transferred to Binance, they are no longer in your wallet for ethplorer or etherscan to keep track of them. Unless you scan the specific address you sent the tokens to on Binance.
my problem is simple
should i check the balance of the  deposit address? when i do this there is no token in it . why?

If you have them on binance, then you don't really have them on your own address. It's binance's address. Once you have transferred them to your own address (receiving address of your wallet, which is controlled by your own private key), you can check them using an online tool such as ethplorer. Then you would be able to put your address and check the amount of tokens.

Edit. I don't really think that you can use their deposit address. They might be using it for other people's coins. Not sure about this, maybe someone can clarify this further.
really really thanks to all of you for ur respnses and ur time.
i think thats right , i was seeking for this answer, my tokens are in binance address and i cant check them online before i transfer them to my own address.
and one more thing, I want to keep my tokens for a year at lest, and its better to transfer them somewhere safe, can I make a paper wallet for ethereum and transfer the tokens from binance to the address and keep them safe? I mean the address for ethereum and erc20 are the same right?
and after that i can sweep them easily in mew right? whats better , creating a wallet in mew or a paper wallet?
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:27:06 PM

i think thats right , i was seeking for this answer, my tokens are in binance address and i cant check them online before i transfer them to my own address.
and one more thing, I want to keep my tokens for a year at lest, and its better to transfer them somewhere safe, can I make a paper wallet for ethereum and transfer the tokens from binance to the address and keep them safe? I mean the address for ethereum and erc20 are the same right?
and after that i can sweep them easily in mew right? whats better , creating a wallet in mew or a paper wallet?
It is clear that you are totally confused about your tokens under ethereum and can't manage your funds into one trusted perso wallet. By simply searching your keywords in google, find a lot of articles that gave a detailed answer. Although, you can create a paper wallet but it is not a secure step for a beginner then better to follow some guides:
https://www.investinblockchain.com/ethereum-paper-wallet/
https://etherbasics.com/the-tutorials/the-ether-paper-wallet-tutorial/

Ethereum address is not the same as ERC20 token; they both matches to the ethereum ecosystem but they are two different things and just have to know that all the tokens stored in your ethereum wallet are almost ERC20 tokens (technical details) and that your wallet can support them all.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:32:47 PM

really really thanks to all of you for ur respnses and ur time.

Every person who is in crypto should buy himself a hardware wallet. It does not matter if you have low amounts, this is the safest way to store your coins. They are not that expensive right now. Binance is reputable but do not hold anything there unless you trade every day.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:31:16 PM

Although, you can create a paper wallet but it is not a secure step for a beginner then better to follow some guides:
Why do you think a paper wallet is not a secure option for beginners?
Paper wallets are among the most secure wallets, for beginners of otherwise.
Here is a nice guide I think a beginner can follow:

https://hackernoon.com/securely-generating-and-storing-an-ethereum-wallet-907bcbd8e5ae

It is much better for every beginner to invest some time to figure out how to store their coins securely, than to rush and use unsafe solutions.
skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

For the first time I hear such a thing. I did not have any trouble until this time.I hope nobody lives on

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:36:51 PM

If your tokens are shown in binance account then there is no point of searching them on ethplorer or etherscan, it could have been trouble for you if your tokens were not visible in your binance wallet.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: