Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:19:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Europe Wants To Know Who You Are?  (Read 1000 times)
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 04:30:06 PM

Well, it is not out of place for centralized authorities to want to have such information especially coming from Europe in the face of continuous threats from extremists and all that. But whether we would allow it is up to the crypto community.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:38:00 PM

well, I think they are doing this to protect people of fraud, some government may  ask people  to submit their investors information in order to know who they are and thus are subject to tax. The government are doing everything to get money from people to also ensure that the economy runs perfectly for the good of its  people.

The right reason to reduce fraud in their country seems to be a good move and good thinking.
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:07:26 PM

it is very simple thing, government always find a way Way to control your money, legal or not, it doesn't matter
bizarro

Activity: 291
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:09:10 PM

it is very simple thing, government always find a way Way to control your money, legal or not, it doesn't matter
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

This can help the cryptocurrency world. Apart from the fact that government is more interested in imposing tax, regulating the exchanges will help them to combat money laundry and other related financial crimes. Since you have your KYC with the exchanges, you are now easy to trace. This will eventually build confidence.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:54:06 PM

Everyone hear the news, seems in Europe the so called powers that be want to put more regulation
for anyone who uses an exchange there to trade etc, they want to know who you are and when you are using the exchange for transactions in crypto.
so much for using the block chain and having a hidden ID in a transaction
must be a tactic to tax everyone in crypto?

anyone else read this? thoughts? its on cointelegraph.

something we dont want but who knows eh
That is the first thing comes into my mind the main reason they want to know the identity of every traders so by submitting any legal documents to know their customers they can put tax on every time the user out their crypto or every time they make tradings so by that they can see the numbers of users and for sure the government think on how they control crypto.
Anthrlive

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:38:29 AM

I suppose the majority of the governments (and not only European) would like to control as many people's life aspects as possible. With the course of time cryptocurrency becomes such "aspect" as well. I guess we would have been more surprised if governments had ignored cryptocurrencies and everything connected with them.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:17:20 PM

Some tactics of paying taxes in any case should be because this is the only way to legalize cryptocurrency!
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

I suppose the majority of the governments (and not only European) would like to control as many people's life aspects as possible. With the course of time cryptocurrency becomes such "aspect" as well. I guess we would have been more surprised if governments had ignored cryptocurrencies and everything connected with them.

I think the same things as you and I think the government wants to know who is the people which have bitcoin so they can decide what next things that they can do with bitcoin user. maybe after this, we can see that the government will create regulations for bitcoin user so they can add taxes for the user to pay. with knowing the bitcoin user, I think the government will easy to check and know which people that have a big number of bitcoin in their wallet.
maikala

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:02:16 AM

Europe is changing everything, they want control, Europe is trying to find ways to control electronic money and track all transactions. That simply destroyed the whole sense of independence of blockchain technology
sakamaku

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:07:41 AM

They are trying to identify and control Bitcoin users, Bitcoin right now it's not easy to find swapped / converted transactions and it's "earn money."
gerasimo

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:18:37 AM

This is not new though. Government have been doing this. This is wwhat KYC is especially with exhanges
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:23:38 PM

well, I think they are doing this to protect people of fraud, some government may  ask people  to submit their investors information in order to know who they are and thus are subject to tax. The government are doing everything to get money from people to also ensure that the economy runs perfectly for the good of its  people.
Lol! Are you a big fan of your government? I find it funny when people after hearing propaganda make such conclusions. Where does the government care about the welfare of its citizens? They are only interested in their own income and luxury. They are ready to take away the last from you for the needs. It is impossible to ban cryptocurrencies, they will take taxes from you.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

Such things are happening all over the world, the overnment wants to track us, they explain it as for our own safety, but I'm pretty sure that there are other reasons behind this "care". We simply have no choice, besides to accept it or to move on cash.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

It's normal thing as long as crypto still survive. It's also needed for some measurement to see how much people love on crypto trading although as we know ,crypto trading is risky thing unlike stock trading.
Even if I must put my KYC on their exchange, as long as they trustable, it's not a problem !

Smiley
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

That's very sad to all of us in the crypto community. But one thing I have realized is that fr us to make sure governments keave us alone for us to enjoy our cryptoecosysytem benefits, we'd have to surrender our anonymity to them.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:15:14 PM

Everyone hear the news, seems in Europe the so called powers that be want to put more regulation
for anyone who uses an exchange there to trade etc, they want to know who you are and when you are using the exchange for transactions in crypto.

What are you afraid of being taxed? Tax could help the countries economy financially and despite of someone using crypto to trade it at any exchanges they were just using the real money then. So, what's wrong about that? Except if you use that money in any illegal activities perhaps someone wouldn't want to get expose already if they were wanted by the government.

As long as the crypto currency is not ban in your country, you just have to obey them for what it is best for everyone.

jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:51:40 AM

I think this is another version of KYC to impose securities by ensuring that people that involved in crypto investments are all legal. I don't see anything wrong about this new policy that as long as you are a legit person that there is nothing to hide then we should embrace this with arms wide open. There is nothing to worry about the Bitcoin tax too, like France and Germany in which they already imposed less to no tax at all which both are European nations.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:22:52 AM

They want to know who does what and how much money in circulation.  Europe wants to earn everything and get its profit.
argus312

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

In principle, there is nothing bad in this, the States probably seeks to recognize bitcoin and this will require KYC!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: