Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:49:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Europe Wants To Know Who You Are?  (Read 1000 times)
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:11:40 PM

Cool let see how are they able to set these regulations It's unlikely that many people are actually going to go with their regulations everyone wants a free and fair currency and now when people are starting to realize that they are putting regulations but there is a problem that they are going to face and that is they were too late

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:38:11 AM

this is the KYC thingy,well i think is to really knw and locate terrorist but is europe under any attack?or threatened?Europe is trying to find ways to control cryptocurrencies and monitor all transactions. That is simply destroy the whole sense of independence of blockchain technology What kind of regulation will be applied later becomes the determinant of cryto progress.let's just see how the KYC thing go.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:08:25 PM

Everyone hear the news, seems in Europe the so called powers that be want to put more regulation
for anyone who uses an exchange there to trade etc, they want to know who you are and when you are using the exchange for transactions in crypto.
so much for using the block chain and having a hidden ID in a transaction
must be a tactic to tax everyone in crypto?

anyone else read this? thoughts? its on cointelegraph.

something we dont want but who knows eh
They do want to tax people related to cryptocurrency and blockchain. I also think that the companies and exchanges are also sharing the user information with the government agencies and from what I think the government is saving this information to tax people and put charges on those evading taxes.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:16:23 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 06:35:05 PM by stayeduptolate

Everyone hear the news, seems in Europe the so called powers that be want to put more regulation
for anyone who uses an exchange there to trade etc, they want to know who you are and when you are using the exchange for transactions in crypto.

I guess this is some kind of KYC that europe wants to know about the user and anyone would hesitate in sharing his or her personal information with anyone but somewhwere this is legal because if you are using someone's exchange for trading bitcoins then they have the right to know your general information so i will tell what europe wants to know and being little funny i alwys has a dream from my childhood that more and more people tries to know about me , i want to become that much famous and if europe is fullfilling my dream then i will be very happy.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:27:41 AM

how are they ready to set these directions It's impossible that numerous individuals are really going to run with their controls everybody needs a free and reasonable money and now when individuals are beginning to understand that they are putting controls yet there is an issue that they will confront and that is they were past the point of no return
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 11:54:40 AM

This was to be expected. So it will be everywhere. Nothing in this terrible I do not see. There are no places that the government would not control. It's only a matter of time. Let's adapt.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:18:22 PM

If you wanted to trade without the need to verify your identity then you can do so in decentralized exchanges. They may have control in centralized ones but in decentralized exchanges, you can do what you want. If the coin that you wanted to trade is in a centralize one then you have no choice but to submit your verification documents. This is the government wants because they do not want to lose control of the movement of funds and they want a share too of your profits. If you think about it, this is better than totally banning cryptocurrencies in which you don't have a choice but to give up crypto if you don't want to violate the law.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:26:52 PM

I do not think it's just European countries who want to know the identity of crypto currancy traders, maybe the goal is to tax taxes for all crypto currancy traders, because the velocity of money in the current crypto curracny trade is huge. I think it's better for the merchants data to remain secret because it is part of privacy
CryptoProphet

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

I do not think that someone needs information about you.
But everyone is wondering how much money you use and everyone wants to profit from it.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

This is a natural thing done by the government, because the government is financed by tax money so they wouldn’t want to do this. Besides those taxes there are also the benefits or services we get from the government, they don’t just sit back on the soft sofa waiting for their salary, because it’s the people's money so we have the right to make them to serve what we have paid and besides for the sake of preventing criminal action this is very necessary and your data should be protected.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:04:42 PM

You should be grateful that the government in your country did that, it means that the government in your country acknowledges Bitcoin is a part of the asset or commodity whereas many countries are banning the transactions and even the ownership of Bitcoin. Every transaction can be misused, to cope that, the government takes precautions by doing so that should clear the name of Bitcoin and increase the consumers trust.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:11:53 PM

For me the most important thing in dealing woth the cryptocurrency market is its ability to have us anonymously use their services thus keeping our privacy and everything we do to make it a much better world. However some of the governments fears and apprehension is caused by them having no power to the cryptocurrency market thus being them unable to control the ebb and flow and with this comes the anonymous and privacy setting of cryptocurrency
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

Not only Europe, but the US wants to know about you as much as possible. Therefore, the emergence of such news is not surprising.  The fact is that the american "big brother" knows everything about us, and now Europe has decided to take an example from the US...
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:32:08 PM

I really do not understand your idea, Europe will probably make more provisions on the Crypto market, this can not happen, if European regulations come up probably on the occasion of the upper conference G20.
Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

Europe is trying to find ways to control cryptocurrencies and monitor all transactions. That is simply destroy the whole sense of independence of blockchain technology.
Independence here means we have full control of our money, it doesn’t mean we have the right not to be watched, as long as you live in a country then you have to follow the law in that country. Bitcoin was created not to support rebellion, but Bitcoin is also a part of the economic revolution, the revolution doesn’t always have to be against the government.
BlockpassIdentity

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:22:14 PM

KYC and AML are a necessary pain point at the moment; however, in the long run it should be possible to prove your identity and legitimacy without revealing your personal details. This is something that Blockpass is working on in partnership with Edinburgh Napier University as part of the Blockpass goal of providing truly private, self-sovereign identity.

https://blockpass.org/

https://medium.com/@blockpass/building-the-worlds-first-advanced-blockchain-identity-laboratory-c53842215ccb
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:23:44 PM

This KYC need when you want speculate with crypto.
Dont pass KYC and use crypto to peer to peer transactions, nobody cant stop you

salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:15:33 PM

That's what they do - control all and know all. And of course, after all that - tax all. I always wondered what's the difference between government taxes (if you don't pay you go to jail - not good) and protection taxes from gangster movies (if you don't pay you get your knees smashed - also not good).
Anyway, it's a fight: they want to control us, and we struggle to be free.
I think they'll never  completely control us - one way or another we'll find a way to move freely - but it won't be easy.
nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:01:15 PM

Its not only Europe that wants to know everything about you. Your own country, your employer, your parents, your siblings and even your spouse. All of them want to know everything about you down to what you wear, the onus now falls on you on the amount of information that you can part away with any of the categories without hurting yourself because the sacred fact is that the ones who has the most information about you have the highest chance to hurt you the most.

Governments all over the world are bent on doing this and that is what one major reason they are against bitcoin and blockchain. The simple truth is that they could not do it through the backdoor, so they are coming out to say their mind on what is going on because if they had been able to do it, we wont have any of the noise about KYCs. Exchange sites also will be forced to fall in line or else they close shop which an entrepreneur would not consider. The way out if you are not comfortable in what they are asking, move to something else.
I perfectly agree with this assertion. Its not only Europe, the entire world wants to know who you are. Governments want to know everything for their tax purposes. This would help to effectively regulate the system
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:24:19 PM

Most governments want to know about every financial transaction, especially crypto transactions. Cryptocurrencies were meant for p2p transactions to bypass the middlemen. That means banks and governments would have no control over these transactions and they also do not know who are involved. That's why the authorities want to regulate crypto. Exchanges have to implement KYC procedures and pass information about customers, so they can be taxed. That's the main reason why governments are pushing for KYC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: