Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2609 times)
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:03:30 PM

Your crypto details are very sensitive details as they hold your investments and all your hard work, keeping them safe should be your priority. thy are better off stored in paper wallets and safely locked away, or in an external harddisk that only you have

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

I'm securing my crypto information by si.ply not letting anyone knows it even my family. Aside from that, I'm enabling two factor authentication on my every accounts just in case someone will know my password. I'm also using a ledger to keep some of my coins if ever some exchange sites will be hacked.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:44:02 PM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

The best method is to write that information in two separated papers and hide these papers in safe places. You can keep one paper inside a book and the other on your nightstand.
ciara123

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:44:27 AM

A recovery seed is your best friend when you lose your paper, hardware, or mobile wallet, as it’s the only way you can recover your funds and wallet. So, to prevent total bitcoin and cryptocurrency loss, it’s crucial to record your recovery seed somewhere safe. It is highly recommended you back up your crypto wallets recovery phrase if you have not done so already.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:47:17 AM

I believe the safest way is to keep it all on a separate hard drive away from the computer or device you use to make transactions or investments, and also keeping a hard wallet for making the actual transactions.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
andree nguyen

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:54:57 AM

The most important factor is your access to the internet. NEVER LOGIN TO YOUR CRYPTOCURRENCY ACCOUNT USING A PUBLIC WI-FI.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:00:53 AM

Store on your personal computer very well. But it is better to make several copies on different media. So it will be more reliable and if you lose some of them, you will know that you have several more left.
cherry_no1

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:15:28 AM

Whether you choose a hardware, software or paper wallet to manage your passwords and private keys, there are a handful of things you can do to keep your stash safer. These include:
- Be super careful with any online service -- any device connected to the internet is vulnerable
- Encrypt your wallet with a strong password
- Make regular backups and store them in multiple locations
- Use multisignature security, which helps maintain control of your coins even if one of your devices is compromised
- Generate, write down and hide your wallet's mnemonic seed - a group of words you can use to restore your wallet in the event of a hardware failure
thuyvoor

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:23:01 AM

Use only PC’s with up to date antivirus and firewalls for your cryptocurrency transactions. Never assume your computer’s security is up to date. It only takes just one security vulnerability to have your computer hacked. You might also want to consider installing a very secure operating system such as Qubes, Unix or Linux. These are about the most secure operating systems on the planet. They are often less prone to hack attacks and have configurations that makes them less vulnerable.
merkuriya

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:23:57 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Regarding my registration information, the password is same on all the exchanges I use. I know this is risky but I cannot remember multiple passwords and recovering it every time is a headache.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
xiaomianao

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:28:40 AM

I made two copies to keep my encrypted money. First, make a form to use a portable hard drive to store all my stuff. Second, print it out in paper and save it separately.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:29:24 AM

I usually do not store anything online. I make sure that whatever happens, I would keep them somewhere safe like putting them all on a single txt file and transfer it to a flash drive. As for IMToken, I should write those mnemonic words on a piece of paper, then copy the words in order in the txt file and save it somewhere safe. Don’t ever trust any online service out there, because they have the control to shut down the database and may lose all of your private important information. Just my two satoshis.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

I back up all my files to an online storage in case I lose my files. I also keep a copy in my device for easier access. But in everything I do, I ensure that I keep my computer secure. I've suffered some malware attacks recently, but I knew about it on time before it got out of hand.

Tanzion27

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 09:43:09 AM

I downloaded a application that I can store all my Information about crypto, the passwords and everything so I will not forget those Important things, and so that I will not confuse what did I use with all of my accounts and some sites that I been part of. It help me as well to become organize with my stuff. And of course I also saved that to my flash-drive  so that I have a multiple copy of those important things. Smiley

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:47:23 AM

For private keys, i write it and in a piece of paper and save it safely in my rooms.
And address, i think address is not really need to secure since you need it to share when you want people sent you some bitcoin.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:03:53 AM

I am old fashioned, storing my passwords offline on a piece of paper, but I still you can be always ripped.

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:04:25 AM

I use Keepass to store all my passwords and keys. I've been using this program for 7 years already and it's really the best utility for storing passwords. The database file can be stored separately on a flash drive, so you always sure that your data is safe.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:52:47 PM

I keep my information secure by putting all private information like different password private keys for the wallets and others by using include account or by enabling the 2fa.
toygama

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:07:05 PM

I'm keeping all my wallet and crypto passwords in my own personal usb flash drive. Before, I'm keeping all of these information in my computer's hard drive until I realize that it can easily be penetrated by hackers. I'm not using any internet security program because it slows down my computer.

I think keeping it away from net is much applicable, I agree with you mate all crypto confidential information must be back up by separate portable device like external drive or even traditional hard copies and stored in a secured place.
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:20:08 PM

I am keeping my passwords on my laptop in the document with the password. I know its not the best way, but I am thinking about additional small trick I can do. There is one way how to “encrypt” your passwords. Lets say you write down the password, but when you use it you use it without last letter. For example you write down: PASSWORD, but your real password is actually: PASSWOR. You just skip last letter, or first for example. There are many ways how to “encrypt”. You can change all “a” to “@” as another example. So in your records the password will be “ PASSWORD” when in fact it’s “P@SSWORD”. This way you can be still safe even if somebody get access to you files
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: