Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely?  (Read 2611 times)
grknondr (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:24:15 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:29:33 AM

Have a copy to your flashdrive or any kind of storage you have. Ajd off course dont use it for everyday need just put to place think secure even you drawer. Incase you lost your laptop there will be no problem. And when online dont be careless clicking any link.comes from unknown person or email

grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:44:56 AM

Have a copy to your flashdrive or any kind of storage you have. Ajd off course dont use it for everyday need just put to place think secure even you drawer. Incase you lost your laptop there will be no problem. And when online dont be careless clicking any link.comes from unknown person or email
I have a portable hard drive, I copied my information into it but I carry it in laptop case. So, loss of computer means loss of partable device as well. I need to buy one more device to use for crypto informations. At first I was thinking to keep a copy into my email account but it one of the most dangerous way I think.
grknondr (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:54:39 AM

OP i suggest to save your many different password,private keys and other code in telegram then in yahoomail because you can create an easy page there so you can save safe and for your information that's highly recommended,Me i use facebook and twitter too because i trust the developer of social site because they create this online world
Thanks for your advice my friend. Can you please describe more how you do it with telegram? For example, what must I do to keep my info in Telegram? Facebook and Twitter is not a secure solutiıon I think but if you have a good explanation about this, I would be happy.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:58:16 AM

I use hardware wallet so i'm alright for some of my coins because the key is stored in the wallet itself, but for the one that isn't supported by nano ledger, i save the key in a document which then i save in flashdrive so it's save from hacker. Hope in the future that they will support all kind of crypto assets so it's become more important to have hardware wallet.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
noriksiayol

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:01:32 AM

It's simply hiding all your private informations like private key and account address, without showing to someone untrusted person.You should also provide a personal gadgets and don't let anybody used your personal gadgets. And be sure to have a duplicate on your wallet key and account address.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:08:46 AM

Backing up your wallet is very important.  After doing so, keep the back up devices in different physical locations.  It's no good if you keep them all in your house and it get's burned down. 
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:13:13 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

have a copy on your external memory like flashdrives that is the best that you can do or else you can make a dummy account on facebook messenger for you to send all those infos to that acct, you can access that anywhere even you forgot your external memory.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:18:37 AM

Wallet copies on a heavily protected NAS with additional copies on flash drives stored in a fireproof safe.  All passwords, private/public keys, code words, etc also printed out and stored in the safe.

OP i suggest to save your many different password,private keys and other code in telegram then in yahoomail because you can create an easy page there so you can save safe and for your information that's highly recommended,Me i use facebook and twitter too because i trust the developer of social site because they create this online world

Wow, @christian07, you seriously trust Telegram, Yahoo Mail, Twitter and Facebook with your passwords and private keys.  Good luck with that!!!
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:22:21 AM

LMAO
why u asking about it.
u know how to make ur sensitive document safe .
if u thing put on your computer is safe , that enough.
i keep my info on my google drive.
of course my google account have a full securities.
i just scared if i put on my laptop,about crashed or etc.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:31:24 AM

Backing up your wallet is very important.  After doing so, keep the back up devices in different physical locations.  It's no good if you keep them all in your house and it get's burned down. 
if i, better put all the data in google drive, so we must properly maintain email address and password. can also backup the data on an external hard drive. so as you say i save my data different from laptop

smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:36:31 AM

I'm keeping all my wallet and crypto passwords in my own personal usb flash drive. Before, I'm keeping all of these information in my computer's hard drive until I realize that it can easily be penetrated by hackers. I'm not using any internet security program because it slows down my computer.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:40:56 AM

As a matter of fact, I save everything on cloud using Apple ICloud. I believe in saving on air, for the fact that I can get it anywhere, anytime as far as I need it. I use google drive as alternative, of which my google account is absolutely secured up to an extent I trust too
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:52:36 AM

I bought a hardware wallet, which would protect my digital assets.
Because the hardware wallet doesn't need networking, it won't be stolen.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:57:11 AM

Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Well, all of my Crypto information like usernames, passwords and private keys are stored in my trusted email account in which the username and password is stored in my memory. This is to able for me to access anytime and anywhere the market to trade. I have also the copy of my Crypto information to USB in which the USB was hidden in the secret place in my house in which even in case of fire still it will be retrieve intact.
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:59:37 AM

I use keepass software wish encrypted database and it keeps all my crypto stuf and notes secured

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

Aside from all of your steps,i am very secured in terms of my passwords wallets thats why im written all of those in a paper and keep it in all my physical documents..in this way i know that all of them a accounted and secured,and in times of emergency or in death my love ones may have a full access about all my assets here in crypto.this may be time consuming but atleast more secured
Kelvin_Bui

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:02:31 AM

I think you should use PC’s with up to date antivirus and firewalls for your cryptocurrency transactions. In my opinion, this way is very effective in protecting you from hackers' attack.
Wayto_Maldives

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:03:23 AM

You might  consider installing a very secure operating system such as Qubes, Unix or Linux. These are about the most secure operating systems on the planet. They are often less prone to hack attacks and have configurations that makes them less vulnerable
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:06:50 AM

If your computer ever gets compromised or damaged, your private keys would be in jeopardy. You could write your private keys on a piece of paper and store it in a home safe or safety deposit box at a bank.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: