Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 09:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmit questions  (Read 440 times)
raremetals (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:42:07 AM

I'm a little worried that the only "big" legal online marketplace using bitcoins - bitmit is closing or being sold and have a few questions. 

Is anyone fairly certain of why they are closing - did they ever detail the reason?

Any decent replacements that use https? I only know coingig (seems unsecure), bitdazzle & cryptothrift (both seem too small atm).

Any plans for a peer to peer market with blockchain feedback?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

Bitmit apparantely is closing because they are selling their site.  Perhaps they got tired and wanted to profit big in a small amount of time.  Nevertheless, they stated that there would be a good chance that bitmit would countinue on with the new owners.  I'm not sure who the new owners are, bitmit is still taking offers in bitcoin for how much the site will be sold for.
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:41:26 AM

I'm a little worried that the only "big" legal online marketplace using bitcoins - bitmit is closing or being sold and have a few questions. 

Is anyone fairly certain of why they are closing - did they ever detail the reason?

Any decent replacements that use https? I only know coingig (seems unsecure), bitdazzle & cryptothrift (both seem too small atm).

Any plans for a peer to peer market with blockchain feedback?

I am pretty sure whoever that bought Bitmit would want to let it run as soon as possible, so just wait for couple of week maybe?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: