Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Lawsuit  (Read 25106 times)
thisisgil

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:53:35 PM

Can I suggest that those who have coins in coinlenders may want to take screenshots or find other proof of their investments, just in case the site goes dark?

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
macros

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:58:11 PM

Screenshots do not prove much. They are easy to fake.
#They could be combined with http://www.proofofexistence.com/ but that site hasn't adjusted its fees to the rising bitcoin price and is very expensive now.
And even this would solve only a part of the problem.

I still have a little little hope left, tradefortress will settle this without us going trough legal steps because the sites are still up and show user balances.
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:36:21 AM

About 9 coins at CL, I'm in.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
btcplayer

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:15:03 AM

I'm in, 592 BTC, all deposited after the hacking, from Oct.30 to Nov. 3. I don't believe he has spent the money.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:40:42 AM

Screenshots do not prove much. They are easy to fake.
#They could be combined with http://www.proofofexistence.com/ but that site hasn't adjusted its fees to the rising bitcoin price and is very expensive now.
And even this would solve only a part of the problem.

I still have a little little hope left, tradefortress will settle this without us going trough legal steps because the sites are still up and show user balances.

I've already taken a screenshot just in case, but you're absolutely right that it's easy to fake.  I could save an HTML file of that page, but if anything, that'd be easier to fake than the screenshot itself.  It's about all I can do though.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
RogerDodger

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

I am interested. I tried to send a PM to gaston909 but keep getting the error message "The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later.", even though I haven't posted anything today.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 07:59:15 AM

I am interested. I tried to send a PM to gaston909 but keep getting the error message "The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later.", even though I haven't posted anything today.
The website counts a login as a post.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:47:33 AM

Wow, good find! Certainly hope this is true. I can live with a 75% refund.

He said the same thing in the Sydney Morning Herald interview but it doesn't really mean much.

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/security-it/australian-bitcoin-bank-hacked-1m-stolen-20131108-hv2iv.html

An Australian Federal Police spokesman was quoted in the ABC interview.

A spokesman for the Australian Federal Police says to his knowledge, a theft of bitcoins has never been investigated at either a federal or state level.

But he says if it was reported, it would be treated like any other theft.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/bitcoin-site-hacked-founder-says/5078148

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:30:28 PM

noted!
JohnHarmer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

Wow, good find! Certainly hope this is true. I can live with a 75% refund.

He said the same thing in the Sydney Morning Herald interview but it doesn't really mean much.

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/security-it/australian-bitcoin-bank-hacked-1m-stolen-20131108-hv2iv.html

An Australian Federal Police spokesman was quoted in the ABC interview.

A spokesman for the Australian Federal Police says to his knowledge, a theft of bitcoins has never been investigated at either a federal or state level.

But he says if it was reported, it would be treated like any other theft.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/bitcoin-site-hacked-founder-says/5078148

Yes, you are right.
some reporter in china just translated a old news, then published it in 11/26.
Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

TradeFortress|吴泽岳's profile:www.wuzeyue.org
吴泽岳要钱要命你自己选,不信你就等着
RogerDodger

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:27:56 PM

The website counts a login as a post.

That makes sense, thanks. I wasn't aware of this.
mxisaac

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:35:23 PM

Is there a place we're aggregating everything we've heard from TradeFortress up until now?

I thought we were being pretty patient, but his one-on-one communication with people is really, really annoying.  Just write something on the Coinlenders page.
VJain

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:55:21 PM

I'm in -  419.51475852 - unless I manage to settle with TF, and seeing as there's been no reply in 2 weeks...

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:19:21 PM

It seems the penny has finally dropped.

I have had a large % of depositors coming forward recently, who have realised TF is sitting on many 1000 coins, offering no refunds and absolutely minimal communication. (No Log ins to bitcointalk as well, very odd behaviour for TF)

People will not accept that some people got 100%, and most people got 0%.

Hang in there folks.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:23:28 PM

I'm still in. 226.17055261 BTC in coinlenders (interest included).

The total interest amount should be around 3 BTC but I'm not sure about that. I tried to contact TF many times telling him that I'd like to get about 7000 EUR worth in BTC and the remaining amount could sit there for maybe more than 6 months... No answer.

I hope we hear something else from him soon. I also suspect we have been victims of some kind of fraud, nevertheless the facts that coinlenders.com is still running and that TF finally reported the hack to the police, make me feel like there is still some hope for us to recover some significant % of our deposits. Some of coinlenders assets may have get a significant reduction, but in the last days asicminer shares increased a bit their value as far as I know.

I hope the police could get TF and he collaborates honestly with them.

At any case, the lawsuit is still an interesting option in my opinion.

This is being a life-changing experience for many of us, let's hope for the best possible solution.

Thanks again for all you guys, Gaston909, Dwdoc, Johnharmer, Mtdox... for your help and collaboration. If I get something of my deposits back, I'll try to show you my gratefulness.
ace207

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:15:31 PM

Thanks again for all you guys, Gaston909, Dwdoc, Johnharmer, Mtdox... for your help and collaboration. If I get something of my deposits back, I'll try to show you my gratefulness.

+1

I too will try to show my gratefulness if I'm able to get my BTC back. Thanks again guys, all your efforts are much appreciated.

wayner

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:45:27 PM

Interesting developments:

I emailed Tf today and advised him that if he did not report that a crime had been committed to Australian Law Enforcement within 48hrs. that I would do so.
It was a surprise to me but he responded promptly that he would do so and followed up with a reference number filed with NSW police. Of course a group of us will follow up on this to make sure law enforcement follows through on all aspects!

Any Update?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:53:23 AM

~1.08 BTC stored at CoinLenders with no responses to emails

{ BitSpill }
miahallen

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:52:35 AM

10.5 BTC stuck at inputs.io
Count me in.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:22:06 AM

Is this lawsuit actually still happening?  I read several pages ago in the thread that Australian litigation funders aren't likely to fund this given the circumstances of what happened.  So unless someone finds another law firm willing to take it on either pro bono or contingency (which apparently Australian firms don't do), it doesn't sound the suit's going to happen unless someone wealthy decides to go ahead and fund it. 

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: