Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My friend introduce me to btc. At first I was hesitant.....  (Read 691 times)
The Sceptical Chymist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6796

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
Merited by suchmoon (7), hilariousetc (4), TMAN (2), TheUltraElite (1), Jet Cash (1), Cobalt9317 (1)

Check this out.  The vast majority of posts in this spam megathread say exactly the same thing, and it makes me think this is either a bunch of alt accounts or there's some sort of template circulating in Indonesia or the Philippines.  The basic idea that keeps repeating here is:

My [friend/son/coworker/husband/brother/classmate] introduced me to bitcoin.  At first I [was hesitant/reluctant/didn't believe/didn't listen/was confused], but [insert happy ending here].

The first post is this:
i first heard about bitcoin in 2010 but i was not serious but my friend push me to buy bitcoin that time just for my friends satisfaction iinvest 2k on bitcoin but i was not happy and affter 3 years i dont even check the price later 2014 my same friend told me i made a fortune with bitcoin then after i check it was true i was so happy and greatfull to my firend and after i started with bitcoin ........... Cheesy Grin
that was my story , share your story with us .

And watch all of these replies.  They all say the same thing, just with specific words and situations varying.

In my school , I've heard a lot about bitcoin they are always talking about bitcoin but even though i heard it alot I didnt even try it just because i didn't believe on that and it was too hard to understand the system. It was around 2018, when one of my friend offer me a exta job that involves bitcoin. That was the first time I try this and until now I still using it.

I first the word Bitcoin in the news that was year 2012 i think, and it was use to buy a box of pizza , late 2016 my friend want me to invest in Bitcoin but i ddint listen to him last 2017 he finally convinced me . At first i though it was just a scam or a fraud the reason why it took me a long time to made my mind.
Its better be late than never  Grin Grin Grin Grin .[/b]

I got engaged with bitcoin likewise in view of my companion/colleague. While we are in our classroom and there is no educator in class we have a casual banter then all of a sudden he says the word bitcoin and share his insight about it. At first I additionally question and didnt have confidence in him since I thought it was simply trick. In any case, when he pushed me and show evidence that is the time that Instarted to procure bitcoin.

We are the same, my friend told me about bitcoin. The benefits can give and the big price. At first, I cannot believe early. But when I see they buy what they needs, I start to ask them and learn. And now I join in bitcointalk and join in bounty campaigns.

First ive heard it from my husband,which he invited by his friend to invest bitcoin.I didnt believe at all.I say him that i will invest only bitcoin if it is true,because there lots of gake news that we heard from our community.Untill weeks passed.He receive a tiken from which it is convertible into cash.Then i say to myself that bitcoin is existing,it is not a joke.By this timw i am niw investing bitcoin.

I first heard in a advertise, but I can't believe it first. And then I see it in the news. But my friend told me and explain it one by one to me. So I start involved in bitcoin, because I see them, they buy what they needs. So I want it too.

At first I did not believe in Bitcoin, I was still working, my brother told me to invest in bitcoin because Bitcoin had a huge income, but I did not believe it, but one day he showed me that he was wide-ranging money, then I started to trust Bitcoin.

My friend introduce it to me, at first I didn't listen because I think it was a gambling then I search thoroughly about bitcoin and I found out that this is okay and a potential that can left us on poverty and it is really a big help to me when he also give me this site to earn more money and then my life now change.

My friend is the reason why i am here join bitcoin cummunity. Because he told me if i am willing to have a extra income. 2015 when i started bitcoin but i was not serious at that time. Because in mind i ask my self how can i earn money trough this just post and join airdrop. 2017 was the year that may friend first time to cash out a money. And thats the time i focus on bitcoin because i see and i have a prof that bitcoin can provide a money. Thats the reason why i involve bitcoin, it is because to my friend.

I first heard bitcoin last 2015 when a friend invited me to join a community that used bitcoin as their money for donation. At first I was got confused about bitcoin because I did not know yet how to send and received this coins but later I got an interest on how to earn bitcoins and so I am here in this forum and happy to do many tasks from bounties.

Most of us here have the same bitcoin story. I was also invited by my friend to try bitcoin. I have heard about bitcoin before but I was not a believer at all, I thought it is some kind of internet scam. Now as soon as my friend explained the basic about bitcoin I got hooked and I got more interested with bitcoin and the technology.

I heard bitcoin from my classmates. They were talking of it during our free time. At first, I don't believe in here due to insufficient evidences but when I did see something bitcoin did catched my attention. After knowing that it was real, I exert efforts to learn and be familiar to it so that I can earn some money that I could use  myself. Up until now, I still believe and patiently waiting for it. That's my story.

I involved with Bitcoin through my best friend. one day at late afternoon my friend told me that he has found a great thing. I asked him what is it? he told me it is bitcoin and also said all details about Bitcoin. but at first I did not trust him. after some days I involved with Bitcoin after seeing his success.

Almost the same but a little bit late like 1.5 years ago. A friend invited me also but didn't believe in it at first until it was too late. Started with trading but ended up just hodling. If I had started early, I might have the same success as yours.

I get info from my friend about bitcoin. At first I did not respond and respond to it casually. But after some time my friend experienced a financial change, and I was surprised it was thanks to bitcoin. Then I started asking how to get money from bitcoin.

My son introduced me about bitcoin, first time I saw bitcoin in social media at that time I'm not interested. My son explained me one by one the details of bitcoin. Then I join cause I saw all things of my son are new I don't believe he bought lot's of his things are new from the profit of his investment in bitcoin. That the first I involved in bitcoin

I started in 2017 a friend told me about bitcoin i wa hesitant at 1st because you know money is so valuable to and there reports of scam. I did my research and read botcointalk that is informative and validated it through the research i made. So here i am joining bitcoin and i am grateful.

Actually I am a new comer in bitcoin. I heard it two years ago from my friend who traded bitcoin.At the time I didn't care and try to forget it.last year my office mate suggested me to read bitcoin news on internet.After that I started learning it and from december 2017, I begun to join btc related projects like bounty,signature and social media campaigns. This activity is still running until now and I have got a lot of.money as extra income.I am really happy and interested in bitcoin.Later I,ll try to invest in it.

for me , in my own experience , i involved in bitcoin because of my friends, at first i dont know what bitcoin is, i dont believed in bitcoin at first for me its    a waste of time, but as times goes by, i slowly understand what bitcoin is and what bitcoin is for.

My in laws teach me how to earn bitcoin, at first my experience is bad,because i don't know what to do, until i read some thread here that enlighten me what is the meaning of bitcoin and how to earn from it in an easy way. I can't imagine that in a small period of time i will earn from it.

Heard bitcoin 3 years ago and didn't dig much deep to it. Last year a friend showed me the ropes about it then I got interested. Up to now I am still learnint from bitcoin and doing better since before.

Well I got involved in bitcoin last year when my cousin introduce me this forum. At first I don't really have an idea about this then my cousin teach me what is bitcoin all about.

I know bitcoin since 2013 but at that time I was not interested because of my friend's influence so I did not invest in bitcoin, in 2017 I started buying bitcoin but the price has gone up, I feel disappointed because no from 2013 I choose bitcoin for investment

an interesting story. I know bitcoin from my friend, I also do not really believe in bitcoin because I have not really understood how bitcoin works. but my friend keeps persuading me and finally I want to enter this field. coupled with evidence that my friend can succeed with bitcoin I got interested in this field and now I have felt the result though not so much but I am quite satisfied with bitcoin.

Then, I went out with my friends and suddenly one of my friend opens up about Bitcoin but that time I've been hearing people talk about Bitcoin regularly. So I was intrigue, then my friend started to walk us through and show his earnings from Bitcoin. At first I was still in doubt in Bitcoin, especially, that I've heard a lot of negative comments and read a lot of bad reviews towards Bitcoin.

I was accidentaly envolved with bitcoin when I meet my neighbor before and he told me to invest on it for me to be able to earn extra income.But first I am not interested but later I am being convince to join and I  discover the hidden benefits of bitcoin and from there I got interested.

I heard about bitcoin last year when one of our Japanese student had a presentation about it. To be honest, that time I was not so interested because I could not understand it well. Maybe because our student could not speak English well. Some time in December last year, my aunt and his brother-in-law told me about bitcoin. After that, I did research and joined here. For now, since I am still new to this crypto world, I am still learning more about it and collecting more information that could help me improve my knowledge and hopefully can get my fortune sooner.

Same here. I came to know about bitcoin from my friend. He used to continue bounty campaign and invested in bitcoin too.He persuaded me to invest but I rejected. He urged me several times to involve and I rejected every time since I had lack of knowledge. Whenever I sam my friend making handsome profit from bitcoin, I started involving in bitcoin. I regret I did not involve earlier in bitcoin and could not make a smart amount of money.

Well my story is a bit different... I came to know about bitcoin when it was just launched... one of my friends asked me to invest in it.... I don't have trust on it that time and didn't invested in it.... but in last 2 years Bitcoin became the lime light and it was the most searched topic on Google....Then my interest rose again and then I invested in year 2013... Although I regret of not investing in it earlier as it was cheaper that time....Still I am happy coz my investment almost doubled from 2013..... Grin Grin

Probably I First heard about bitcoin in 2016 but I was not so interest about bitcoin. While I saw my brother was earn huge form bitcoin so, that time I was decide I will earn huge form bitcoin then I started earning with bitcoin & Now I earn bitcoin with successful.

I just discovered bitcoin around year 2015. It was introduced to me by just a friend of mine who is really millionaire now. I just snob his invitation for  me before, he is really millionaire now. And I regret my decision before. I should become also a millionaire now. But it's okay.

It was my friend who involved me in Bitcoin. Like a lot of people stories, i was not interested at first. But when  i saw how improved the financial status of my friend, i was encouraged and pursued to do  better with it. It takes a lot of determination to have a successful journey in bitcoin, but at the end it is truly worth it.

My first involvement in bitcoin goes back to the year 2015 when one of my social media friend invited to invest  in an online investment that uses bitcoin as a mode of payment. I hesitated to join at first because of the many online scams that proliferating in the social media sites at that time. Through research, I've found out that bitcoin is a legitimate online currency and some individuals are using it to scam people. I gained more knowledge about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies when I became member of this forum which provides complete information through its various threads.

maybe this is one of my regrets I was invited to play my friend bitcoin in 2015, but I refused it and now after 3 years did not meet, his life changed after deepening bitcoin. Now he invites me back to play bitcoin, and now I do not reject it

My story about bitcoin is that, I knew bitcoin last 2016 early that year when my cousin introduced me into bitcoi but I didn't take it seriously because at first I thought it was a scam or a pyramid and  networking.   so when my cousin convinced me again to join and explain me how this works and the opportunity that bitcoin can give us. thats the time I joined bitcoin and it is worth it.

At first I was so confused if what is bitxoin and how can I earn from it without investing. And I do not really like it at first. But when my one neighbor introduce it to me that she gets income with bitcoin, that the time I got involved into bitcoin.

Hello All,

I was inadvertent include in bitcoin. At the point when some season of early this year we meet my old friend(kailas) and he educated me concerning bitcoin.

We first I am not intrigued but rather he offer me an additional activity and it includes bitcoin.Later I join and I find the concealed advantages of bitcoin from that point I got intrigued and starting today I am still calmly holding up to acquire my coins. That is my story how I get include in bitcoin.

When i first heard about bitcoin, its nothing. Because the first thing that comes in my mind is scam.
But when is see that it is really legit that is the time that i start to fell inlove with bitcoin and i start to love it more, because of its exceptional price. I love all the things about bitcoin, and i will support it untill the end.

lol if this is true then congratulations . I do have a youtube channel at time june 2017 , and I strated seeing and hearing bitcoin in 2016 and I just can't find these and how it move and go . and then finally my friend told me that you can earn more on bitcoin rather than youtube it self, then I immediately not convince by that until my friend show me what and how much earnings he do have gotten and I was shocked , then I get involve in bitcoin now

I just heard bitcoin from my friend. First is, I don't really believe that I can make money with this bitcoin thing. After a month, my friend told me that he withdraw 2k with bitcoin and I acrually see it with my own eyes. Now I am a bitcoin user. Thanks to my friend. I recommend this to my friends and families.

A year ago I was sure that bitcoin is a financial pyramid and it was created to bring down the economies of weak countries. But after my friend for last spring increased his investments by 10 times, i changed my point of view and now I'm in this community a happy investor)).

Very hard and I failed a lot of times just because I didn't listen my cousin, now I can say thank you to him just because he had a lot of time to drag me up and explain explain explain.

My involvement with bitcoin came as an introduction by a friend, whom told me about it. At first, I wasn't kind of interested as I felt it was one of those unusual innovations with no prospect. Then I started seeing positive results, which made me inquire more and then, I delved into it.

Very happy to read your story. It seems luck is inside you. I myself understand about bitcoin because it is told by someone. And I learned it. And the first to follow a prize campaign. Previously still do not believe it. But after I do and benefit. I became a believer and studied more diligently. And until now I work from bitcoin.

involved with bitcoin. when I play somewhere with a friend on vacation and I do not understand what they say and I am idly asking them. what is bitcoin and they explain some bitcoin factor and that time i try to start and until now i really like bitcoin

At first I do not believe and being aware on these kind of business or whatever it was. Then my friend came in the one who was telling me before that it was true and testify what was happening on it and then boom he show me his money came from bitcoins, I don't believe it again because of negative feedback about it. Then for the second time he shown me pack of dollars, quite fishy at first but I trust him and then I'm here now.

It all started in our class. I have a classmate who uses bitcoin since 2009. At first we are hesitant to try it, until one of my classmates join in and we can see their progress and it seemed to be an epidemic disease because it spreads too fast. So I got interested as well, seeing my friends withdrawing large amount of money easily makes me jealous. And that is how I got involved to it.

I involved with bitcoin last 2016. My friend introduce bitcoin to me.  First i cant understand what bitcoin is all about,  until i try to rank my account and join in signature campaign.  Now i earn extra money from there.

To be honest, I don't have now a bitcoin. But I am some information about bitcoin. How? Because of my friend, he is the reason why I am now involve with bitcoin. My friend told me that make an account to this site and he will guide me to handle and have income from it. Because I am curious to where his money came from. But before that,  I am not believe to him because it is impossiblr to have money from internet but when he teach me how to use it, I was so amaze to what I saw. And it is was so awesome!

My boyfriend is a bitcoiner.He introduce it to me for me to understand what makes him so busy.At first,I was doubtful and thinking it is just a waste of time.He never fails to make me understand what is the benefit of bitcoin.Infact he gain income from it.In my curiosity i join and now i also introduce bitcoin to my friends.

first I know bitcoin, from a friend who had already jumped into bitcoin world, at first I was still less interested in plunging into bitcoin world, but after I saw my friend, succeed and can change the economy, I started seriously to study it, and it turns out it's true bitcoin indeed very profitable, and its end I joined until now.

I first heard about bitcoin about a year ago when a friend of mine shared his experience with bitcoin. I admit, i was pretty mich skeptical at first but then since i was also a bit curious, i tried to experience it myself. I asked him to introduce me and somehow guide me a little how to participate and join bounties and at the same time, know more about bitcoin. Since then, i got more active with bitcoin and some other digital currencies.

In my own story at first I don't really believe that bitcoin gives you money. There's a lot of questions formed in my mind on how this will become money?  Where they can get that money?  So I doubt to entered the world of bitcoin but my fellow explained the features and concept of bitcoin so I decided to entered bitcoin and I understand all my questions before. So until now I enjoying the benefit of bitcoin.

I involved with Bitcoin through my friend. first time I heard about Bitcoin from my friend. he just told me that I can get a good amount of profit and change my life with Bitcoin. but I did not trust him, but after some days I saw that he become rich in a short time. after that I involved with Bitcoin.

I was heard this for the first time to my close friend on way back year 2017. I'm asking him how to be a part of it because I saw him doing many things like this so I'm curious about it and then after that they teach me how to do this. At first, I admit that it so hard to understand about all the things that connected in here but the time goes by until I'm finally understand it. I have no investment here. I'm just participating in bounty campaign and I'm found out the benefits that I can able to gain here so I'm very thankful and happy because I'll be a part of it.   

My first encounter with this crypto pioneer was back two three years ago when a close friend of mine introduce me to this crypto world as i was searching for some extra source of income. At first i didn't take interest in this market but later on when i started learning technical working i started to earn good amount and interest was build.The struggle was very hard as nothing was helping out like faucets but this market is best forever.

I first heard bitcoin from my co-worker, then i became curious, i ask my co-worker what is he doing, he replied to the word Bitcoin, that time i don't believed him becuase i'm not familiar to it until such time, he show me how much he earns, and i'm shock. From that moment forward i'll ask him how it works, and then i join.

I have a similar story to tell. In my own case, I first heard about bitcoin in 2009 but I did not bother to take it serious because I had previously been duped through a fraudulent platform and I assumed bitcoin was a scam too. As time  went on, I saw how people's investment yielded good result so I decided to join in 2010. It has been good news for me since.

I involve here with bitcoin because of my friend he told me about this at first I don't believe on him but he still convince me. Actually if you don't know about cryptocurrency you will also didn't know how to believe on it because you will think that it's impossible. He convince me when he teach me how the process here and how it works.

I first heard bitcoin last march 2016. One of my fb friend told me and introduced it to me. But I did not believe it right away coz I think it was just another type of a ponzi or hype scam . She even told me to install apps and sign up on websites wherein I can earn free satoshis . But my patience is not that long . I easily quitted and forgot all those things and even uninstall all those apps . Before the year ends , she asks me again if I had collected a lot because the price of bitcoin rises . And again I didnt give attention to that  Grin until she told me that there is already an exchanger here in our country . So I was surprised and again I installed those apps hoping  that I can earn some . Here,my patience was tested. But unfortunately those apps are not paying so I feel down again . I forgotten everything about bitcoin . Until last october 2017 someone taught me how to get legit and free bitcoin. The so-called airdrops and thats the first time Ive earn bitcoin . And until now hoping more and more will come .
Thats the story of my bitcoin journey . Grin

I get involved in bitcoin because of my friend. I tell to him that i need an extra income and he said try bitcoin.
At first i have a doubt, because maybe it is a scam. But when my other friend get his payment and cashout it. Then thats the time that i start to get involved in bitcoin. And i never regret that decision.
Thanks to bitcoin, in return i will gonna support it no matter happen.

I was accidentaly envolve in bitcoin.When some time of early this year we meet my old friend and he told me about bitcoin.We first I am not interested but he offer me a extra job and it involves bitcoin.Later I join and I  discover the hidden benefits of bitcoin from there I got interested and  as of today I am still patiently waiting to earn my coins.Thats my story how I get envolve in bitcoin.

I involved in bitcoin last year from my best friend and classmate. Because they will know how to get bitcoins in different earning sites. And after several months we discover the airdrops and bounties. So we get some bitcoins after we sell our tokens that get in the bounties and airdrops. Before ive heared bitcoin  i think this is scam. And i have thinking if i will join from this.

my story is my friends invites me to join bitcoin world but i doubt this forum but i still run bitcoin mission apparently this forum is real forum can be useful for me until now.

I got involved in bitcoin also because of my friend/classmate. While we are in our classroom and there is no teacher in class we have a small talk then suddenly he says the word bitcoin and share his knowledge about it. At first I also doubt and didnt believe in him because I thought it was just scam. But when he pushed me and show proof thats the time that Instarted to earn bitcoin.

I just saw it from social media, I got curious on what this cryptosystem all about spreading all around the internet. It was a friend of mine who introduced it to me, I was hesitant and skeptic about this thing, specially that there were news reported about illegal activities involved with the use of bitcoin. But eventually I learned what bitcoin is really all about, the thing about this is that I know tge reason why Im involved here.

I just read bitcoin from some ads and also heard from news. But last year my friend thought me about this but I don't even listen to him and I don't start to have bitcoin. I just started when I'm in need of money that much. So now I started and I am just waiting for all of my stakes from past campaign where I joined.

Runner up posts that don't follow the exact formula, but come damn close:

My friend introduce me this Bitcoin. I got interested here when he told me the story on how he earns money here by just joining camaigns and posting then you can earn, as long as you follow the rules you'll have your tokens.
I first heard about bitcoin from a friend, who introduced me to it and told me how it has been so beneficial to him.
I get involved in bitcoin when me and my classmate are in college and one of my classmate introduce it to me. In addition to that, my classmate helps me to know what bitcoin is and help me to earn bitcoin. Lastly, I and my classmate was so happy because we earn together.
The reason why I'm here in the world of bitcoin is because of my brother who used to do bitcoining. He said to me that I can earn money with less hustle through bitcoin, and as a person who badly need some income, I used to do bitcoining then. Later that, I realized that whatever he said to me about bitcoin is true.
I heard bitcoin from my highschool friend who's using it and he is earning a lot of profits in bitcoin, so I approach him and ask him if he can teach and educate me about bitcoin and how does it works.

Im involve with bitcoin last year, when my friends says that you can earn money online with bitcoins, first i didn't believe that you can earn money online but when i try it i cant belive you can actually earn money in bitcoin, thank you my friend because until now i earn money in bitcoin.

It was last year 2017,I've heard it tru my friends but not interested at first coz she offered me to invest in a certain cryptocurrency on the market.I shared it to one of my churchmate which they are already doing and earning in bitcoin that time.Upon learning it how bitcoin helps them I ask their help to be in bitcoin world.That is how I began become involved here in this forum doing a bounty campaigns.Waiting for a great extra income in bitcoin.

Before i don’t care about bitcoin and other stuffs related to bitcoin. But when I met a friend who have earneda lot from investing and campaigning in bitcoin. So I decided to join because I want too to earn big and to be the same like my friend. And now, I didn’t regret my involvement in bitcoin because it really helped me in my financial needs.
I don't have any idea with what bitcoin or a cryptocurrency is, until such time that I have seen my friend doing this and introduced me to do this as well if I do have time, and that time I also need extra income, so I decided to join here and do some research if how it works.
Bitcoin was the first coin I heard, but I had never been interested in it.
When some of my friends said that they were going to start investing in BTC, I decided to start studying and to get involved with cryptocurrencies
it all started from a friend. I'm always curious about this one of my friends, he's always traveling here and there. the stuff he wore was always new. I can not imagine how rich he is. Then I was curious, so I asked him. He told me the bitcointalk site. That's where I started to know then continue to learn bitcoin. In fact, I started getting to know trading and faucet from this forum.
I learned about bitcoin from a friend of mine. At that time, I was looking for the possibility of additional income.
Currently, bitcoin brings me more income than my main job. Now I advise everyone to get acquainted with crypto!
I'm sitting here at home, unemployed and carefree, I do not touch anyone. A friend says, let's chat? I do not feel a dirty go of course to meet my friend. It takes a little time and now I'm here writing posts on the forum.
I fist involve in bitcoin when my cousin told me that in bitcoin you can be millionare, so i ask him to teach me how to do bitcoin and start and join some bounty campaigns and i earn money, now i can buy things because of bitcoin
I got the idea from a family member, who has been persuading me about it for long. I never knew it carries so much until he was becoming rich from it. So I was enticed to his change . I had to join while he guided me with it.
I knew bitcoin from my brother and I started to learn to invest bitcoin with careful patience and confidence and I finally got the benefit of the investment

What a fucking mess of a spam thread.  I think all of these users should be banned.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:22:40 AM

LOL I wonder how much time you have spent finding all these comments
I blame the signature campaigns for this kind of actions.
Hey, great job!!!

PS: I guess I have now a ready template to spam the forum.  Tongue

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

I see several threads and videos on Steemit and YouTube about the money that can be made by exploiting this forum and members of Bitcoin Talk, and I am sure that similar posts appear on Twitter and other sites. The basic concept seems to be to sign up for as many accounts as you can, and inter-post to increase activity and merit. You sign up with the bounty scammers to pick up a bit of income on the way, and when you have received a bit of rank on some of the accounts, you sell them for a few hundred dollars. I assume that the buyers will be other bounty pushers, and it is probably cheaper for a bounty manager to buy a few accounts to run himself, than to pay members to post rubbish to promote his scam,

Until Bitcoin Talk pulls itself out of the cesspit of bounty hunting and account farming, it is going to have to face up to ever increasing costs of moderating the boards, and the evaluation of new members. I hope that the admins will consider the position of the forum when bounty hunting and ICOs are made illegal in most countries.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

One guy contact me on Facebook some time ago, asking some stupid questions about the bounties here, then ask me, home many account I have and that one of his friends was managing a few accounts with more than 80 bounties simultaneously, and he was wondering how can he managed all this work....so this is the result...

hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3029

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:07:44 AM

Check this out.  The vast majority of posts in this spam megathread say exactly the same thing, and it makes me think this is either a bunch of alt accounts or there's some sort of template circulating in Indonesia or the Philippines.  The basic idea that keeps repeating here is:

My [friend/son/coworker/husband/brother/classmate] introduced me to bitcoin.  At first I [was hesitant/reluctant/didn't believe/didn't listen/was confused], but [insert happy ending here].

Welcome to bitcointalk. I trash one of those why did you come to bitcointalk threads probably a few times a week. They're saying that because that's why they are all here because their friend/son/coworker/husband/brother/classmate probably did in fact tell them about this forum. They probably also told them that if they can't speak English very well just copy a post from earlier in the thread or google for an asnwer and we can see that from the second and third replies which are both from reddit:

I bought my first bitcoins for a dollar each back in early 2011 but they weren't an investment, I spent them almost as fast as I bought them. After starting BitBrew, I've purchased very few, instead focusing on different projects that contribute to the cryptocurrency economy as well as earning BTC. As a result, I've had thousands of bitcoins pass through my wallets over the years but only a handful tucked away for the future.

Would I have saved a few more if I knew then what I know now? Sure. Do I have any regrets? None whatsoever.

In May 2011, I got in at $12-$30. Then there was the crash of June and I lost some interest thinking I'd lost all the money. I promptly forgot about it and at some point, when Bitcoin-Qt became enrcryptable, I locked up my wallet with an impenetrable password. I continued to buy sporadically throughout the summer sending the coins to the locked wallet, occasionally looking at the BTC price throughout 2012 and having a chuckle.

Then at the beginning of 2013 when it all headed for the moon, I sat down and attempted to open my wallet… but of course could not put the pword together for the life of me. I've tried everything and it really sucks.

I most likely would have spent the coins back in april of 2013 so it's all good. I know I wrote it down somewhere in a notebook stored away in this giant messy house. I have complete faith that the notebook and pword will show up one day, so I'm not worried... too much.

Meantime I have an involuntary (possibly inaccessible) retirement fund sitting and waiting for me.

There will probably be many more copy and pastes in that thread.

As I've said before knowledge of this forum will be spreading like wildfire throughout the offices, streets and playgrounds of the Philippines and Indonesia because where else can you good earn money online from doing relatively nothing? I've seen people even say they've quit their office jobs to 'do bitcoin full-time'. A lot of them can't even believe it themselves at first because you often see them saying things like "when I was told about bitcoin I thought it was a scam and too good to be true" etc and you've quoted some of them yourself:

Most of us here have the same bitcoin story. I was also invited by my friend to try bitcoin. I have heard about bitcoin before but I was not a believer at all, I thought it is some kind of internet scam. Now as soon as my friend explained the basic about bitcoin I got hooked and I got more interested with bitcoin and the technology.

I first the word Bitcoin in the news that was year 2012 i think, and it was use to buy a box of pizza , late 2016 my friend want me to invest in Bitcoin but i ddint listen to him last 2017 he finally convinced me . At first i though it was just a scam or a fraud the reason why it took me a long time to made my mind.
Its better be late than never  Grin Grin Grin Grin .[/b]

This is mostly why I'm still in favour of people paying a substantial fee to have a signature. It will stop the majority of these users signing up with dozens-hundreds of alts just to say the same thing over and over again and this problem is only going to get exponentially worse especially as crapcoin campaigns are willing to pay for any old rubbish time after time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:12:58 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

^  Not a good idea imo.  Those idiots are obviously doing this professionally.  So they'd be willing to pay no matter how high the fee is.  While it's the real users who would rather leave.

Edit:  I posted this a while ago, but it's still a good read.  They gamed and cheated the first Stellar giveaway done years ago.  Lol.

The Bot Bubble:  Click Farms Have Inflated Social Media Currency
https://newrepublic.com/article/121551/bot-bubble-click-farms-have-inflated-social-media-currency

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 12:01:49 PM

At the moment I'm trying to get my head around the Steemit concept. It's being pushed as the place to read about Bitcoin, and to learn about crypto, but many of the posts seem to be ill informed and inaccurate. BT is promoted s the place to spam to earn the money to invest in Bitcoin. I think they've got that the wrong way round, and I hope we can do something to reverse public opinion, but it seems to be a losing battle right now.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
hilariousetc
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:06:27 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 12:20:59 PM by hilariousandco

^  Not a good idea imo.  Those idiots are obviously doing this professionally.  So they'd be willing to pay no matter how high the fee is.  While it's the real users who would rather leave.

How so? Can you explain how the "real" users would leave? Most of the "real" users have already left because this forum has just been swarmed and overtaken with the shitposters the pharmacist listed. Everything will be the same apart from you don't have a signature at all unless you pay for it. These users do it professionally because it is currently 100% free to create an unlimited amount of accounts so they do. How is your average, unemployed illiterate Filipino/Indonesian going to afford $500 per account for a signature on his dozens of accounts? If this was the case most people would be limited to one or two accounts and it wouldn't be profitable to do this industrially. There isn't really any other way to prevent this sort of abuse because accounts can be easily farmed and now they are now done so along with merits (or they just trade them between their "friends").  It doesn't effect anyone at all other than sig spammers because users who come here just to post aren't penalised at all. The only people who would complain about this are the type of people who complain about merit and they wouldn't be missed at all.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

One guy contact me on Facebook some time ago, asking some stupid questions about the bounties here, then ask me, home many account I have and that one of his friends was managing a few accounts with more than 80 bounties simultaneously, and he was wondering how can he managed all this work....so this is the result...
All the time/energy spent to manage activities of many alts in the bitcoin forum is worth to offer many kinds of services and get paid wealth for that. 80 bounties is a large number and i can't understand how one person could it easly !!!!
This is how we appreciate the work of some moderators that are willing to make the forum as cleaner as possible.
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:27:12 PM

How so? Can you explain how the "real" users would leave? Most of the "real" users have already left because this forum has just been swarmed and overtaken with the shitposters the pharmacist listed. Everything will be the same apart from you don't have a signature at all unless you pay for it. These users do it professionally because it is currently 100% free to create an unlimited amount of accounts so they do. How is your average, unemployed illiterate Filipino/Indonesian going to afford $500 per account for a signature on his dozens of accounts? If this was the case most people would be limited to one or two accounts and it wouldn't be profitable to do this industrially. There isn't really any other way to prevent this sort of abuse because accounts can be easily farmed and now they are now done so along with merits (or they just trade them between their "friends").  It doesn't effect anyone at all other than sig spammers because users who come here just to post aren't penalised at all. The only people who would complain about this are the type of people who complain about merit and they wouldn't be missed at all.

Why is theymos against the idea of paid signatures? I'm guessing you've discussed this with him. It would literally prevent all this bullshit that's currently going on. Like it wouldn't have to be much. Like $250 as ball figure. That would prevent the shitposters from third world countries making unlimited accounts and earning a full time wage for their country with nothing but shit posts.

It's the best solution. It doesn't get rid of signatures all to together and it would mean whoever has a signature will stand out more. Signatures are good for listing personal projects and other things and not just signature campaigns.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:35:06 PM

Just read this.

The Bot Bubble:  Click Farms Have Inflated Social Media Currency
https://newrepublic.com/article/121551/bot-bubble-click-farms-have-inflated-social-media-currency

I think anything is possible...  And their 'business operation' could be bigger than we think.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
hilariousetc
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:52:26 PM

Why is theymos against the idea of paid signatures? I'm guessing you've discussed this with him. It would literally prevent all this bullshit that's currently going on. Like it wouldn't have to be much. Like $250 as ball figure. That would prevent the shitposters from third world countries making unlimited accounts and earning a full time wage for their country with nothing but shit posts.

It's the best solution. It doesn't get rid of signatures all to together and it would mean whoever has a signature will stand out more. Signatures are good for listing personal projects and other things and not just signature campaigns.

I don't believe he's elaborated as to why he's against it. As a middle ground we could experiment and offer the option to buy them in addition to being able to rank up naturally. Like we already have with Copper Rank we can have Silver and Gold Member. Silver gets you all the benefits a Full Member for maybe $150 and Gold gets you all the benefits of a Hero for $250. I don't see why this would be an issue because people can still rank up normally or just purchase the rank if they are willing and people do this by buying accounts anyway. Offering these ranks would severely limit account farming. If this was the only way to get them it would pretty much stop account farming 100%.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickfant

Activity: 128
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:52:58 PM

Just read this.

The Bot Bubble:  Click Farms Have Inflated Social Media Currency

I think anything is possible...  And their 'business operation' could be bigger than we think.

Instead of linking a article which yadders on about nothing and is trying to write a book quote the parts you think are relevant and source them. Most of that article I read until I got fed up with the story telling aspect doesn't even remotely relate to what hilariousandco suggested.

Bot farms would be irrelevant to what hilariousandco is suggesting because it requires investment rather than a few thousand accounts click "farming".
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:59:16 PM

^  Why are you discouraging everybody from reading it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:08:58 PM

I've already said a few times that I think the pay for a signature solution is a good one. But it seems that theymos is set against it so I've been trying to think of other ways to achieve it.

First off merit farming is increasingly difficult for them as the initial distribution drys up. Tying the availability of signatures to earned merit on an ongoing basis will slowly put signature spammers out of business.

Why does the forum ban ICOs from bidding in the banner ads auction but still allow them to advertise freely in signatures?

Ads may not link directly to any NSFW page. No ICOs[1], banks, funds, or anything else that a person can be said to "invest" in
~

[1]: For the purposes of forum ads, an ICO is any token, altcoin, or other altcoin-like thing which meets any of the following criteria: it is primarily run/backed by a company; it is substantially, fundamentally centralized in either operation or coin distribution; or it is not yet possible for two unprivileged users of the system to send coins directly to each other in a P2P way. The intention here is to allow community efforts to advertise things like Litecoin, but not to allow ICO funding, even when the ICO is disguised in various ways.

Why do we need the altcoin bounties board? There's no reason I can think of why spamming Facebook and Twitter needs to be organised here.

If we got rid those two things I think that would have a massive impact on reducing spam.

Although I agree that $500 fee for a signature would work I still think there are plenty of other things that could be done.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

Hey, Pharmacist! Thanks for letting us read all this shit lol. Most of the non bounty threads with 20+ pages looks like this. They look absolutely the same on all pages and it seems unreal to ressurect them. Even if you ask those spammers what are they doing  you won't get a respond because they will never visit this thread again. Which partly reminds me of one thread that I've created some time ago but it was ignored but most of the community.
IMO in case with such spammers the question is more about the reward they get. If most decent bounty managers blacklist them then who da hell is paying? It is partly a fault of the projects and bounty managers that are accepting those users
hilariousetc
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:32:42 PM

I've already said a few times that I think the pay for a signature solution is a good one. But it seems that theymos is set against it so I've been trying to think of other ways to achieve it.

He can always change his mind. I also don't think he's stated he would be against being able to purchase them in addition to ranking up naturally. We have Copper membership so Silver and Gold isn't a stretch and offering them in addition to being able to rank up shouldn't be any issue at all. He has already stated that the next step will be likely to remove signatures altogether so I think even sig spammers would rather at least have the option to buy them as opposed to not being able to have them at all. Even an impoverished person could probably beg steal or borrow the money to be able to purchase a sig to use an account here especially if it's their only source of income. Most of the people who are posting here will likely already have enough to buy one any way.

First off merit farming is increasingly difficult for them as the initial distribution drys up. Tying the availability of signatures to earned merit on an ongoing basis will slowly put signature spammers out of business.

It get's harder for sure, but people have so many alts and "friends" here that they just constantly trade them between themselves for shitposts every-time they get them and that's what they do. If you have alts or friends here of course you're going to look to give it to one of them rather than merit a deserving post.

Why does the forum ban ICOs from bidding in the banner ads auction but still allow them to advertise freely in signatures?

That's exactly the question I asked especially because all it does is further hurts the forum. Money that could have gone to the forum is now just saved or paid out to sig spammers to cause even more mess whilst the forum suffers financially.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

He can always change his mind.

I appreciate that and I'm not suggesting it's not worth still arguing for it. I was just thinking that there's more than one way to skin a cat and there are many other things that could be done as well.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Sceptical Chymist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6796

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:52:21 PM
Merited by TheQuin (1)

Equally, I also experienced such things. I can think objectively and critically.
I see the reality is not fantasy. I finally follow in his footsteps, and now I can enjoy the results.Btc real, not fantasy.
You have got to be fucking kidding me.  Did you not read the OP?

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:04:51 PM

Equally, I also experienced such things. I can think objectively and critically.
I see the reality is not fantasy. I finally follow in his footsteps, and now I can enjoy the results.Btc real, not fantasy.
You have got to be fucking kidding me.  Did you not read the OP?

That's some mad haiku skillz.  Lmao.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████