Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the general opinion/feeling towards Bounty Hunters on Bitcoin Talk?  (Read 106 times)
twingall1 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:34:39 PM

Noticed some negative feeling in this direction and wanted to get a clearer general idea..
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

I think it depends too much on the bounty / bounty hunter to give a general opinion.

Though I've heard some speculation that a lot of bounties and even aidrops are scammy nowadays. This hasn't been the case in my experience so I guess it's quality over quantity.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
five

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

Well as a bounty hunter myself, i think it is win win situation; Thanks to some of the bounties i got i had a chance to build a capital to invest more in crypto at the same time they get to advertise their tokens/coins on social media. So yeah there is an increase at scam tokens/coins as the community grows but this is general thing in every bussiness.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:47:11 PM

Noticed some negative feeling in this direction and wanted to get a clearer general idea..

The negative feeling outweighs by the positive, it's one of the best ways to get free tokens and about bounty hunters I don't see see anything wrong on these bounty participants, they keep the forum going and give a lot of discussions about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency for me its positive.

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:53:04 PM

Most of the people do it and I do it sometimes if I like the projects. There are hunters who can enrol themselves into more than 100's of project monthly and earn more than enough from real world really!

BCT is made for that, I mean if people dont get into the Bounty programs then who will ? And how do you think that the marketing for them will occur here. Off course forum is alive because people are coming here for something and that something does include the bounty tokens which they get paid for the hard work and time.

I see complete positivity in them, just because they are hunting the tokens doesn't make any bad impression on them.
Hammerman

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

A big problem is the huge number of stupid, empty posts that bounty hunters do. Of course, the attitude towards them will be very negative. Very annoying when they write any nonsense ... The administration is trying to deal with this phenomenon, but it looks like the result is not very good ...
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:00:32 PM

I think bounties has become significant part of this forum a long time ago and I can't imagine bitcointalk without them. If some people think that bounties cause more spam, then they should fight against spam, not bounty hunters in general because most of them contribute good content to this forum. I think merits are successfully fighting against account farming and spam.
twingall1 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:21:27 PM

A big problem is the huge number of stupid, empty posts that bounty hunters do. Of course, the attitude towards them will be very negative. Very annoying when they write any nonsense ... The administration is trying to deal with this phenomenon, but it looks like the result is not very good ...

Yes i agree there.. was guilty of that at first but resent being asked to fake comment now.. Doesn't seem to benefit anyone when all there is is a long list of "good.. great project... looks exciting!.."

Hopefully Campaign organisers will figure this out over time
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:26:39 PM

Not against bounty hunters, but those doing signature bounty.  Reason is because some made lots accounts and then just spamming forum with zero useful content.  This now changed with merits a lot. There are not that many new people registering such accounts. But on other hand merits kicked in at top of last bubble, we will need to wait for next bubble to see its full effect.

OK another thing that bothers me is that Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Altcoin Discussion , part of forum now have so many topics about bunties. Like this one. It realy have nothing to do with altcoins, but is about forum So posts about what people think of bounties and similar should be posted in Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta part of forum.

You see right now you are also spamming Altcoin Discussion part of forum with totally non related to altcoins thread.
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:33:36 PM

Bitcointalk is meaningful.

My opinion of General ideas are the following:
Garbage is everywhere.
Spammers are anywhere.
Scammers are out there.
Self evaluation of admin and by legends here this system must be great again that's why merit landing without any warning. Bounty hunters must be careful by doing postings not for payment alone it must be perform with passion if possible.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
twingall1 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:05:01 PM

Not against bounty hunters, but those doing signature bounty.  Reason is because some made lots accounts and then just spamming forum with zero useful content.  This now changed with merits a lot. There are not that many new people registering such accounts. But on other hand merits kicked in at top of last bubble, we will need to wait for next bubble to see its full effect.

OK another thing that bothers me is that Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Altcoin Discussion , part of forum now have so many topics about bunties. Like this one. It realy have nothing to do with altcoins, but is about forum So posts about what people think of bounties and similar should be posted in Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta part of forum.

You see right now you are also spamming Altcoin Discussion part of forum with totally non related to altcoins thread.

I am not spamming, this seemed the most appropriate section for my question
twingall1 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

Bitcointalk is meaningful.

My opinion of General ideas are the following:
Garbage is everywhere.
Spammers are anywhere.
Scammers are out there.
Self evaluation of admin and by legends here this system must be great again that's why merit landing without any warning. Bounty hunters must be careful by doing postings not for payment alone it must be perform with passion if possible.

I don't know what you mean
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:08:58 PM

There is no need to be negative, yes some of them do behave immaturely but majority of the them are nice people trying to earn some extra reward for their families online in their spare time.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:13:46 PM

Because it is turning this forum into the money making machine rather than it is giving much value to the community itself. Let's look about signature campaigns many people will simply spam and write basic and meaningful posts in order to fill their amount of posts. Where there is money there are people who exploit that. On the other hand you have campaigns that ask for KYC, lots of them can easily tune out to be the scams, you don't know when and if will some of them pay bit at the end of the day you are kinda forced to do them, do them all if possible if you want to earn more.
Nedrek

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:18:40 PM

On any forum people who place flood and spam do not like. And the forum bitcointalk.org is no exception. In many ways, thanks to the bounty campaigns, a large number of people engaged in the abovementioned for the purpose of earning have appeared on the forum.
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:29:44 PM

The negative feeling outweighs by the positive, it's one of the best ways to get free tokens and about bounty hunters I don't see see anything wrong on these bounty participants, they keep the forum going and give a lot of discussions about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency for me its positive.

yes but the forum is not supposed to be the cash cow for some people. I do see a lot of wrong thing with them. They make the forum boring and not usable for people with a real interest in crypto.

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
twingall1 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:17:36 AM

I would say if well moderated the bounty side could be cleanly separated from the discussion side.. i suppose there will always be cross-posting spammers but i imagine this is a small fraction
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: