Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:57:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ether is popular and will be likely to surpass bitcoin?  (Read 200 times)
erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:42:32 PM

I came to a point where reading a lot inputs from the btt forum specifically in altcoin discussion makes me realize how much ether has grown its  popularity. I guess most of the crypto are merging from ether platform which somehow became the basis in form of payment in investing tokens on ICO period. Other than that ether has soundly being discussed that it will be next to bitcoin and in the near future the price will relatively surpass bitcoin. I guess it could be true that this speculation could happen. However, it is early for now to evaluate on what could ether be like few years from now. If you are going to ask will ether be like bitcoiin in the near future?
sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Honestly at this point I HOPE ETH surpasses bitcoin. It's better in most ways too, especially tech, it's just that btc is just more popular i think.
BetadiNe

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:51:16 PM

I think for now maybe not yet, today's ether can be said second popular coin after bitcon, and my thought is same to you that ether can be aligned with bitcoin because now there are many investors who use ether as investment.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:57:21 PM

Ethereum will not surpass Bitcoin. Because the total supply of Ethereum more than Bitcoin. And the price of Ethereum will always follow the development of Bitcoin prices. Since Bitcoin is the beginning of cryptocurrency, it will be difficult for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Hammerman

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:04:28 PM

I came to a point where reading a lot inputs from the btt forum specifically in altcoin discussion makes me realize how much ether has grown its  popularity. I guess most of the crypto are merging from ether platform which somehow became the basis in form of payment in investing tokens on ICO period. Other than that ether has soundly being discussed that it will be next to bitcoin and in the near future the price will relatively surpass bitcoin. I guess it could be true that this speculation could happen. However, it is early for now to evaluate on what could ether be like few years from now. If you are going to ask will ether be like bitcoiin in the near future?

I am sure that the first place for capitalization in this market will always belong to bitcoin. This is the foundation of the crypto market. For the second place there will always be a fight. We've already seen Ripple there ... This year many of Ethereum's competitors are launched.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:41:31 AM

market recovery has begun. They started investing in the market and the market went up. Things will be better next time. ETH real project is a good project. It's hard to beat BTC.
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

I think it's completely impossible.
Because the BTC is now recognized by all countries around the world, ETH seems hardly to surpass BTC.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:19:03 PM

I am also a fan of Ethereum but we have to face the reality that Ethereum cannot surpass Bitcoin besides top 2 in coinmarketcap is not bad. Bitcoin is already have a solid foundation and cannot be shake easily by any altcoins.

bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:42:30 PM

i dont think so eth will surpass bitcoin because bitcoin is more popular than eth and when bitcoin price is down it also drag the price of eth and other cryptocurrencies and when bitcoin price up it not sure if eth will go up too.
Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 02:48:21 PM

In terms of popularity Bitcoin is more than Ether. I will not be surprise if in the nearest future Ether will over run Bitcoin in crypto world, this could happen when most investor who are in love with Bitcoin now shift their investment toward Ether, which is still sketching. 
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

In terms of popularity Bitcoin is more than Ether. I will not be surprise if in the nearest future Ether will over run Bitcoin in crypto world, this could happen when most investor who are in love with Bitcoin now shift their investment toward Ether, which is still sketching. 
I don't think this will be happen in future.
Bitcoin like a legend and all coin have pair with it.
you can look back in the past once Bitcoin flew everything go down so hard even ETH, and Ether only rised as bitcoin sideway down or go up slowly

TrufieldICO

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

Ethereum is oil but bitcoin is gold, it will always have a special place in our hearts
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:52:56 PM

Ether is very popular and will most likely surpass bitcoin in terms of market value this year. There are ten times more projects being launched on ether this year than it was last year. People are slowly how much better ether is than bitcoin. Billions of dollars are being poured in ether as of right now. Not only any industry specific to crypto in a conventional way but industries like gaming, agricultural are also realizing its any uses.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:53:38 PM

I think that Ether won't be able to get close to bitcoin because the fact that ICOs trend is decreasing, and the main usage of Ethereum is to create smart contracts to be used in ICOs, so if there will be less ICOs, there is going to be less demand for Ethereum and it will start decreasing.
Now-days people holds Ether as the silver to bitcoin's gold.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:55:36 PM

Of course I know that ETH is a good cryptocurrency with good potential in the future but don't you guys think that it's too early to say that it's possible or not for ETH to be able to surpass Bitcoin? Don't you guys see that there is a big gap between price of these cryptocurrencies? I think it's a really big problem for ETH if it want to surpass Bitcoin Grin.
I also hope that ETH can be able to surpass Bitcoin but unfortunately, I think it must take at least 10 years or more for ETH to surpass BTC Sad
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

I don't think this will be happen in future.
Bitcoin like a legend and all coin have pair with it.
you can look back in the past once Bitcoin flew everything go down so hard even ETH, and Ether only rised as bitcoin sideway down or go up slowly
The fact is that way, but we also have to see it from various aspects. I think that etherum has a good future, now etherum is used by various ico projects and it makes etherum more popular. Beating bitcoin is a difficult thing, as you say that bitcoin and etherum will always coexist. Etherum and bitcoin will remain one of the coins that have a very high level of public confidence.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:04:36 PM

it could happen if ethereum can continue to increase its popularity. ethereum is currently one of the most needed coins especially for ICO investors. but I agree with you that it is too early to talk about this.

sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:08:38 PM

If you compare the growth of Ethereum and bitcoin, Ethereum's growth is way better. The fact that it only started 3 years ago and already reached this point is already a solid proof. Meaning, Ethereum surpassing bitcoin is not impossible.

Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:10:45 PM

Yes this is can happen and ethereum is becoming more bigger and getting popular everyday but i don't think it can surpass bitcoin,i don't see that happening.
Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:15:44 PM

In the near future, it is unlikely that the price of ethereum can approach or can exceed the bitcoin price because until now the bitcoin is the best coin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: