Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops are collecting your Data... Stay Away!!!  (Read 418 times)
ankurguta87 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:57:15 PM

Hi Guys,

Airdrops are just combination of your data like email, bitcointalk username and password through a signup form.
With this data, They cretae a database and keep selling to ICOs, This is how you got membership of some ICO groups automatically.

Another agenda is to apply this email and password to login to different exchanges so that your fund can be stolen.  Never fill any form offered by
unknown ICO airdrop.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

I did a lot of registration in the airdrops but there are no airdrops who asked me my password just two conditions must apply never give your private key of your wallet and never give your password
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:01:17 PM

Hi Guys,

Airdrops are just combination of your data like email, bitcointalk username and password through a signup form.
With this data, They cretae a database and keep selling to ICOs, This is how you got membership of some ICO groups automatically.

Another agenda is to apply this email and password to login to different exchanges so that your fund can be stolen.  Never fill any form offered by
unknown ICO airdrop.

Thats why there are disposable services for email, phone number and even wesbites which will generate your fake indentity and street address  and other sorts of things. So if you are person who fills airdrops and don't want to do the research use available tools and don't provide real information. Simple as that.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:07:06 PM

Interesing approach, but I tought of it in the beginning. I use a separate email address for airdrops, and a separate, esier password. The solution for the exchange problem is this: ALWAYS use two factor authentication (not SMS).

Smart move on using separate emails. Don't use your personal emails unless you want to be spammed with ads. Also, never ever give personal information. I've heard on some posts that some airdrops even requires IDs like what the fuck. Big no to that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ankurguta87 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

I did a lot of registration in the airdrops but there are no airdrops who asked me my password just two conditions must apply never give your private key of your wallet and never give your password

They will now ask you password directly. They will ask you to signup for and update profile on their website (I am talking about trustless token airdrops). You will signup with an email and password. They may also ask for mobile number for OTP.

Now with this email and password that you used with signup, they will try to login on different exchange. If anyone using same email password as his exchnage  email id and password, your fund will be in blackhole.  Grin Grin
Komorhan

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:05:20 PM

When you enter the crypto money world, we become a member of the sites for too many airdrop bounty. they are trying to get into my entire stock market. mail is constantly coming. My recommendation is to have a secure email for the stock exchanges and use it.
apimembership

Merit: 124

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:20:30 PM

always use different passwords, emails  and active 2FA and never ever give your private key or any specific password to anyone or any airdrop registration form.
walemil

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:46:17 PM

Thank you so much for the useful information. People need to understand that majority of Airdrops nowadays are scam. People are just too desperate and they just drop their details on any airdrop forms. Your information can be released to any third party without your concent.
neoandtrinity

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:59:08 PM

yes, I think some of the group collect all info like that, but hard to avoid and protect info.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 11:43:28 PM

It's obvious that we must be careful with our personal data. It's not recommend to use main email address for airdrop sign ups. It's very likely that many airdrops are selling email databases that they collected and later users are getting spam to their inbox. Some other basic advices - use unique passwords everywhere, protect your private key and never give it for airdrop, always enable 2FA on your exchange accounts.
But nowadays many people don't see nothing wrong to give even their passport/ID card scan to bounty/airdrop. Is it really worth to give such sensible personal information for little amount of tokens which maybe will be not listed on exchanges.

lannie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:38:52 AM

Well, those are the rules i have been following too, though I have had an encounter with two or more fake airdrops.
ankurguta87 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:12:10 AM

Some airdrops don't even have a website they simply create Google form and send msgs to different crypto groups in telegram and fb group and few other communities. They ask user to fill and submit that from to get free blablabla coin...  Cry
RBLT

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:43:28 AM

i joined a lot of Airdrop but none of them are asking for Email, Phone number or private key. if some ICO Airdrop asking me for Email i immediately refuse to fill Smiley
mangodebango

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:48:38 AM

I've been doing airdrops quite actively since late last year when I started to really get involved in crypto.

I have to say that many are simply fake. Many twitter airdrops for instance are just fake accounts linked to fake websites (if that) and just want to accumulate followers so they can spam their referral links or get you to join their airdrop telegram group so they can spam their airdrop referral links there.

Sometimes it helps to check with the official coin account (on Twitter) or on their actual website to see if they are actually doing an airdrop or if its just a fake. The official coin account will usually put out a warning if there is a fake airdrop form circulating.
Lady Ong

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:07:19 PM

I already think of that, that's why any air drop asking your email then you need to sign up to their site for you to be eligible on their air drop.. .I click automatically the back button! It's better safe than sorry.
randypandy

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:08:11 PM

This is true of the entire industry now though.

So long as we continue to see scammers in the smoke and mirrors of ICOs, we'll see them try to phish out our info to use for their own benefit. Like the facebook thing, everyone KNEW their info was being recorded... but nobody wanted to acknowledge it, as soon as shit hit the fan EVERYONE wanted their privacy back.

Let's be clear people, you can't expect your info to go into a random website and be safe... do your due diligence or stay out.
RuslanDua

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:26:02 PM

scammers exist everywhere. from this not to where you will not leave and you will not escape. Just once a year, and airdrop shoots))) it is necessary for airdrop to have separate telegrams and a tweeter and an account and a purse with mail by itself. and then this garbage is very much
Mymikagab

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:51:46 PM

I do lot sign airdrop, later when spreadsheet released someone used my account i was shock not only once but more of them not only for airdrop also for bounty. Im afraid,next time be carefull guys, there are bad people around us,watching us
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:05:07 PM

I joined ICO's before and until never had any issue to hack my account. I always give other information because I know giving real information online is not safe. So the best that you can do is to make other email and use a temporary password just keep your password on the notepad and save.
Giving a personal data is not safe unless if it's government because any time soon they can use your info to scam someone or use to hack your bank accounts. 
If you are receiving many ICO's it means they use your email for their promotion and sell the collected emails to ICO owners that they can use to promote via email.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:15:07 PM

They don't ask your password directly, but sometimes when you have to register on their website, they check whether you use your login/password combination anywhere else (for example, on exchange)
Most people are lazy when it comes to creating passwords, so they use the same word combinations on different sites.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: