Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops are collecting your Data... Stay Away!!!  (Read 418 times)
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:35:34 PM

Airdrop is a very lucrative matter. All of them jumped over it. But the companies that offer Airdrop offer little. All the rest of the companies collect information from participating only. Participate can not understand that they are giving their important information to them. They are deceived by these facts.
People need to understand that majority of Airdrops nowadays are scam.
We should always exclude it. Because many times AirDrop provides web links which are likely to be a computer hacking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:38:15 PM

UI could live with that and make some fake accounts to share with the airdrop teams, if only they were legit and really give coins to people. The problem with airdrops is most of them are scams. I even posted in a number of giveaway threads a few times and never got anything. Some forum members were asking people to PM the wallet addresses, and also did not send the promised coins.
Pori111

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:34:49 PM

Cheesy
BraveLadycuzz

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:34:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Airdrops are just combination of your data like email, bitcointalk username and password through a signup form.
With this data, They cretae a database and keep selling to ICOs, This is how you got membership of some ICO groups automatically.

Another agenda is to apply this email and password to login to different exchanges so that your fund can be stolen.  Never fill any form offered by
unknown ICO airdrop.

So how can I know what good airdrop what bad
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Always be careful when entering your ethereum address cause some may have problem with this.  Stay away on airdrops that ask your email or asking the password that you used on thier site they will use it to hack your email.

Blockchain kitty

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:21:11 AM

Hi Guys,

Airdrops are just combination of your data like email, bitcointalk username and password through a signup form.
With this data, They cretae a database and keep selling to ICOs, This is how you got membership of some ICO groups automatically.

Another agenda is to apply this email and password to login to different exchanges so that your fund can be stolen.  Never fill any form offered by
unknown ICO airdrop.

Good morning! And what about the airdrop - airdrop.luckchemy.com

It seems not bad
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

always use emails that are  not related to your name and never give your privat id and infos to anyone.

This isn't an important precaution. Some companies require their employees to use emails that include their name. Some people are also doing it to look more professional. Knowing someone's name or initials doesn't give a huge advantage to hackers or scammers. Names can be found everywhere and aren't treated like vulnerable data.
Nitori_m

Activity: 346
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:49:39 PM

I feel my belly knot while reading through... I do lot of airdrop-means I do almost every airdrop that comes my way and I never think twice about my email or phone number. Thanks guys for the pointers... Cotton head like me need to take a breath and stop running after 'free'.
legia

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:19:28 PM

So there is a really easy solution. For airdrops just don't use your main email account or wallet address. If they ask for KYC, do not do unless you trust them highly...
ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 10:31:18 AM

This precaution is running hot these days as the hacker works are increasing day by day during the period of chaos

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
cute nmp

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:21:23 AM

Such a important article .very helpful

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:27:57 AM

first of all there's a dfference between airdrop and bounty. Airdrop you get free coins by simply joining their social media account basically twitter and telegram. Bounties is doing some marketing task for the project to get some coins.

So you're saying, stay away from airdrop coz it's collecting personal data so my question is why are you going to give your personal data for aidrop? Airdrop don't require KYC, some bouty does but mostly don't.

So what personal data are you referring? When sign up for airdrop rule of thumbs don't use personal social media account nor personal email and don't just give personal information for some tokens!

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Larster

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:20:51 AM

There is danger in every step in this market, because bad guys can get a lot of use of easy-go people. One should always think twice before giving some information to the public and try to remain private.
birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:51:00 AM

password? how? buy keylogger or something like that?
no password was asked, but forms were filled. There they can capture?
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:27:49 PM

Dont worry about Airdrop, if you affraid about airdrop here is tips to avoid data collector

1. Dont use your premier email to register airdrop
2. Skip airdrop if they ask your identity (KYC) because for airdrop no need KYC.
3. Check developer team, make sure on linkedin they have more connection and have same project related background
4. Skip project if they ask all of your security account like Password, PIN or private key
5. dont use untrusted extension please check reviews before install.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:05:41 PM

What about Airdrops that only ask for ETH address and Telegram? Are that use a telegram bot. As long as the airdrop is reputable and isn't a scam, they usually are good to sign up for.

I've encountered a ton of google forms and other forms that claim to airdrop popular currencies, like EOS, TRX, etc. These are definitely scams that solicit your data.

If there was one thing to never do, that would be to NEVER give your wallet's private keys. Or send Crypto to a random address and expect them to send x10 back.
harttdie

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:33:31 PM

It is best to participate in the airdrop with additional accounts, and not with the main accounts.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: