Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why scam airdrop are dangerous  (Read 154 times)
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 04:53:34 PM by iillaa

well  lot of people simply  dont care and join as  many airdrops as they can  even the most shady airdrops  thinking that there is no harm  in that  and what make that worst is

that they really fill in their real data info like real names and main email used to log in exchanges or anything that have importance and influence in your personal life

so in this topic  i want to share just a piece of the big picture  and try to  give an example on what may happen if you join a fake / scam  Airdrop

the  scammer will take your mail  and send you more scam  but  now  it will be a paid scam and more sophisticated  like  to join a new ico  or even worst lmao  

like  what i got  

that seem obvious  scam  right ?  well not for everyone  

i sent fake info  and waited  and the response  shocked me  he sent other documents  and a fake  passport of him  and other  documents  that look so legit

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m1Hbs5sGElnibhIqdQ_zgoghmFMjnQow]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m1Hbs5sGElnibhIqdQ_zgoghmFMjnQow]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m1Hbs5sGElnibhIqdQ_zgoghmFMjnQow

https://image.ibb.co/iREVbx/MY_BANK_ID_JOHNSON_O3.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kCQspH/MY_PASSPORT_1.jpg

that look so legit  right  

and after  some time  i got an email from the bank of Africa  ( obviously the fake one )

so i simply  just blocked him  and started to search in the net  and i find out many topics and video  about scam like this way  and found a video that explain  how the process  

goes  and how its even more  realistic   so i hope you  watch the video  because it was made good  and explain all  

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
honestinvestor

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:35:58 PM

That's not much news!!!!((((( But I think that this information is sensible and is the place to live!!!And be relevant!!!
MtheS

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:50:26 PM

I don't think that AirDrops are scam or dangerous . It's up to you . You guys should read about the project carefully . We can get good projects from those AirDrops

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ PROFEDE ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
⚫ DECENTRALIZED PROFESSIONAL PROTOCOL ⚫
⚫ OUR WEBSITE: https://profede.com/ ⚫
iillaa (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:58:59 PM

I don't think that AirDrops are scam or dangerous . It's up to you . You guys should read about the project carefully . We can get good projects from those AirDrops

i my self thought am picky  and only chose good airdrops till now   ..  i think  you cant be so sure    about an airdrop or an ico   also  i ont think somone will go deep  and search

alot in the airdrop background knowing it only cost some bucks   

well  i never use my main mail or even my real name or data  when i join airdrops   so  am basically safe  lmao    just make a new mail and new twitter and facebook and  even a

new telegram and  a ofc  a new eth wallet   if you ever consider joining airdrops

Cheesy
manoj6233

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:03:03 PM

Airdrops are coming, and they are coming in high numbers. No one can deny that they are currently the most popular trend in crypto communities. Equally, we are sure that many of you don’t know exactly what this phenomenon is, and whether it is any good for the cryptocurrency industry.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:05:33 PM

I hope the scammer disappears from crypto, as this will discourage people from switching to crypto and afraid to try using crypto. scammers are very annoying
CharmCha

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:08:54 PM

I hope the scammer disappears from crypto, as this will discourage people from switching to crypto and afraid to try using crypto. scammers are very annoying
Everyone want the same thing like you Grin. But it's totally impossible cause there are a lot of lazy guys don't want to work to earn money so they want to scam other people money to earn to pay for their living Grin. I hate these kind of people. Luckily in this forum we have DT and moderator to punish scammer and help other members realize them.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:20:14 PM

fake airdrops are popping up a lot, but now more and more, fake airdrops are very dangerous because if we follow them, they are usually required to fill in KYC in the form of our biodata and must send identity card such as passport, driving license, etc. so that it can be used for fraud and other criminal acts

deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:31:54 PM

Your data has been sold or harvested by lots of companies. I haven't applied in an airdrop in awhile but I do get lot less spam on my airdrop email account then the  email account I use on retail websites. Also this is one of the reason I haven't participated in projects requiring KYC.
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:35:20 PM

I dont see any danger about scam airdrops. Only thing I lose is my time I think. But our datas may be sold to some companies. Is this a danger? I dont think so. I would be happy if someone describes any danger of airdrops.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:47:02 PM

Disappear? Dont give faith on it. It'll never be happen.
As long you live this world, Bad things never fade, inc. Scammer
Rather we blame the scammer, first We must have enough preparation against it.
If i get that email, just ignore it. Why must explore deeper?

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

yes of course because the job if not produce something from a project to hold the airdrop program is I think the same as we are wasting our important time then we better avoid from doing that stupid thing.
iillaa (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:58:01 PM

I dont see any danger about scam airdrops. Only thing I lose is my time I think. But our datas may be sold to some companies. Is this a danger? I dont think so. I would be happy if someone describes any danger of airdrops.

did you watch the video at the end  of my post ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SB9SEHcR4E

airdrops are an easy way to collect info  then those infos can be used in different ways  .  i dont know why you think  that infos are not a big deal

Cheesy
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:59:08 PM

actually an airdrop are not that dangerous as long as we know how to use our brain.
logically,an airdrop is an act giving something because you support the project by saying something or doing something for the project.
it's dangerous when they are asking you instead of you do something to their project like promoting.
when you want to join the airdrop,you must know that you can not give them your sensitive data because it's out of option in cryptocurrency.
usually a legit project will give you for free without doing something hard like promoting or other stuff,
but when you discover an airdrop that requires you to send your sensitive data like document,private key and etc.
you should know that they're trying to scam you,do not get fooled because of their promise.
grew up and always learn from your mistakes

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
velive08

Activity: 815

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:00:59 PM

airdrop can be dangerous if the scam because airdrop give profit to the participants, many participants hope to get the reward easily from airdrop. and it will definitely be one of the disadvantages if it is a scam.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

I do not think that now it has any significance, most likely those coins of the project that are scamed, can do nothing more, although it can be with their help that hackers can somehow reach out to your fixed assets, but I do not think it will be so , because many wallets should be protected from this.
jack8989

Activity: 331
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

I do not think that now it has any significance, most likely those coins of the project that are scamed, can do nothing more, although it can be with their help that hackers can somehow reach out to your fixed assets, but I do not think it will be so , because many wallets should be protected from this.
Yes, the impacts which were brought from airdrops aren't that much significance for us to make it become an important one.
Due to the amount you can earn from airdrop is really small and that would be a huge loss if it turns into a scam at all.
So i suggest you to join many airdrop unless of one, to reduce the percents of scamming from airdrops.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vinodkumarpahil

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

These mails are not really related to information given out during filling airdrop forms but it could be possible. I have been seeing these sort of mails from, I guess year 2001, when I first made me yahoo mail account. The funniest part is the email add I choose, love_coolest_dude @ yahoo . com  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: