Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Best Algorithm for My Shop's new Crypto Currency?  (Read 74 times)
myshoppe.247 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:34:41 PM

Hi, I would like to explore having a cryptocurrency for my business. Was looking at the different algorithms and Proofs.
If I want a coin that is "pre-mined" & provides the option of a "private/ public" transaction,  what algorithm would be most suitable?
Also, would it be possible to have a different "proof"? Thanks.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:29:22 PM

Hi, I would like to explore having a cryptocurrency for my business. Was looking at the different algorithms and Proofs.
If I want a coin that is "pre-mined" & provides the option of a "private/ public" transaction,  what algorithm would be most suitable?
Also, would it be possible to have a different "proof"? Thanks.

I am sorry but I don't quite understand what do you want/need. Please try to explain more briefly about what is that you want.

You say you want to accept cryptocurrency but ask for algorithm? "Proofs" you probably refer as consensus and thus you have POW [proof of work] , POS[proof of stake] which are the most popular ones, but you have other as well. And thus while creating your coin you can change the consensus or even can create the new one that haven't existed before. If you are using POW then you can talk about pre-mine.

If you are looking into something that ICOs are doing then you this is much easier approach. As with your own cryptocurrency you will have to have people to provide nodes and to transact and you have to code/update everything properly. What tokens allow you to do is to host "your coin" on an existing blockchain network such as stellar, ethereum, neo, waves and this is much easier approach if you don't know what you want/are doing etc.

If you are looking into private/public transactions (both available) might then want to check coins that have this option and then simply fork them.
ulia93

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:29:57 PM

There are many different cryptocurrencies on the market, you could take any of them and explore its features. For example, I believe that a Dash coin with a stable master course system, with a well organized community and a perspective for the future would suit you. For your business, this would be a good choice, as it is integrated into its infrastructure by different businesses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: