Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Alts About to Crash?  (Read 1355 times)
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Hey,

I see that we've finally entered a bullish phase (not sure how long this is going to last). I think it will be good for May pending any kind of FUD. June is the adsense FUD.

But anyway, I've read some articles that say that alts are making a comeback and money is pouring into alts... but these same articles caution that experts think that soon money will be pouring into bitcoin from alts. They say the infusion of money into alts is only temporary.

I'm sure most of you have seen that when BTC rallies too fast, alts crash. I was wondering if you guys think that a fast BTC rally is in the immediate future?

Are you hodling alts or are you going to go into BTC to ride out the BTC pump, then buy all the crashed alts?

I think you got the reverse scene. When BTC rally to go up almost all alts are going uptrend also, however there are few alts crash when it happens but majority of alts are connected to bitcoins price trend. Altcoins will never die, there are lot of alts that has stable position in the market example are ethereum, litecoin, neo, etc.  Only the shitcoins will die sooner or later.
BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:32:24 PM

I hold a lot of altcoins and probably it is not very good, because my portfolio lost about 50% form high prices.
So now I probably buy ETH for 50% percent of all my portfolio, and the rest I'll hold in the altcoins.
It's better really to hold for long time. Because I didn't have the best experience with the Limpo. I sold it when it was$ 0.01 and now it costs about $ 0.12 . It was my X10, but I sold it, even though I left the other shitcoins. So if you keep the coins, then keep everything, do not sell parts like me.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:38:36 PM

Well we should expect the dump of altcoins when Bitcoin is crashing. Because they are totally manipulated by bitcoin even some of us not really believing this but bitcoin is the main coins and crypto and I believe that it is manipulated by bitcoin.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:18:49 PM

It depends. But it may not happen as long as altcoins value is inter related with bitcoin growth.  As long as bitcoin has value, altcoins would still have their growth.  The teams do not give up still. We can even see too many new crypto currencies created. This shows the success of crypto currencies. So let's have positive thoughts which will manipulate the altcoins and crypto currencies growth in return.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:43:24 PM

what kind of Alts are you talking about? if you are talking about those worthless ones and scam then nearly or this day they will cease to exist in the future, those legit and hidden gems are commonly aligned to the bitcoins price flow, but not always correlated like the other altcoins but the basic pairing are always alt/btc then other alts pair to another one so bitcoin bloodbath moments then some of them will follow the same fate.

Gr4yF4ng

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:04:23 PM

what kind of Alts are you talking about? if you are talking about those worthless ones and scam then nearly or this day they will cease to exist in the future, those legit and hidden gems are commonly aligned to the bitcoins price flow, but not always correlated like the other altcoins but the basic pairing are always alt/btc then other alts pair to another one so bitcoin bloodbath moments then some of them will follow the same fate.

Yeah, basically this.

The shitty, worthless coins made by scam artists will fall and die in the next year. Only the coins with a solid product and real partnerships and investments will flourish and do great - ICX and AMB for example.
kurlllviss77

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:10:49 PM

I do not think so. Just altcoins are heavily dependent on bitcoin, which is not in the best condition.

[/center]
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:45:22 PM

Currently there are 1640 crypto currencies registered on https://coinmarketcap.com including Bitcoin then according to you alts are about to crash means that 1639 crypto currencies are about to crash in the coming days but I don't think such a movement is possible as it will mean that total market cap will be depleted at an alarming rate.

First of all, all alts will never crash all together there are always some coins which gain when market is crashing. Secondly, you need to be more specify about the alts you are concerned as there might be few alts which may never gain the momentum to rise after market is crashed.
Kingsraid

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:20:26 PM

well, prediction is prediction. we can't see them untill it coming. but i prefer you do what you believe either right or wrong.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 10:28:49 PM

Hey,

I see that we've finally entered a bullish phase (not sure how long this is going to last). I think it will be good for May pending any kind of FUD. June is the adsense FUD.

But anyway, I've read some articles that say that alts are making a comeback and money is pouring into alts... but these same articles caution that experts think that soon money will be pouring into bitcoin from alts. They say the infusion of money into alts is only temporary.

I'm sure most of you have seen that when BTC rallies too fast, alts crash. I was wondering if you guys think that a fast BTC rally is in the immediate future?

Are you hodling alts or are you going to go into BTC to ride out the BTC pump, then buy all the crashed alts?

Currently still not BTC pump, but we have seen different situations. ALTS been raising and BTC crashing, we also seen every possible choice lie ALTS BTC raising/crashing together.

However, some alts can grow really a lot while BTC is dropping (so I am hodling some really not very known alts, which got potential) otherwise average alts would be preferable to switch to BTC I believe.
somebadger

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

No, please tell me why they would be crashing now? the market is more stable than before, so i do not think that there is something bad happening, in fact, i am more than confident about it at this moment
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:44:57 AM

No. Even though this cryptocurrency is a very volatile system, just like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” So until there are people investing in altcoins, altcoins lives. It goes dip in the hole but it will be pump again.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:20:46 AM

Altcoins have major marketshare now as compared to the BTC. Sooner or later BTC will be overpowered by a utility token. A coin without an intrinsic value can't sustain the market pressure. An utility token (an altcoin) will be the winner in long run. This temporary bloodshed of the market doesn't mean that the altcoins are over. This happens due to the lack of volume in the market because market is still in the infancy stage and is still growing. Market isn't able to attracts new money doesn't mean that it will never.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:20:52 AM

I don't think so Smiley. I can't imagine how this cryptocurrency market will be if alts crashed Smiley). All traders and investors only have one choice to choose, BTC Cheesy
Beside I don't think there is any reason can make altcoin crashed so don't worry about it cause I believe that this case will never happening in the future.
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:21:14 AM

We will observe this situation for more than two months, unfortunately. Now there is a market correction after a large sudden growth.
harnorno2

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:27:12 AM

To be honest, I think that the ALTs crashed in Jan 18 is because of the unwarranted exponential growth during the end of 17. ALTs are simply just undergoing a correction phase, and if you think of it, some of the ALTs don't even deserve their current valuation. I'm looking at you EOS (money grabbing vaporware).
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:34:43 AM

That still part of price cycle but not necessary a crash. If you see a sign that the price of the altcoins will going to go down or up soon then monitor the daily price of bitcoin. Bitcoin almost affect the prices of all altcoins whether it is rising or falling. Some coins or tokens can't sustain their uptrend and will eventually drop later because of bitcoin influence.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:38:33 AM

I don't think altcoins are going to be crashed Smiley. You can take a look at gainers and losers on Coinmarketcap to find out altcoin with highest change in price Smiley.

Although the downward trend affected a lot to price of altcoin but it'll not make Altcoins crashed Smiley. Just wait cause the whole market need time to be able to retrieve, it can't happen in a few single days Smiley

jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:53:47 AM

Hey,

Although Altcoins are dipping right now but same with the Bitcoin price too so therefore the whole of the Crypto market is in difficult right now but i have observed many times that the Altcoins will crash if the Bitcoin will crash first in which something called like a domino epic movement. So therefore if you expect that the Altcoins will crash then it will start with the Bitcoin first making you a little bit to confuse which coins to buy during the dip.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:23:46 AM

Hey,

Fud from the beginning of the year has limits altcoins market especially the issue of banning across the globe! The coins has been down since you make that post and we should be able to start seeing some bullish set up any moment from this month we are in. However the month of June till August has been the best months in the history of cryptocurrencies and I am expecting good days ahead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: