Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinity.org seems to be down  (Read 669 times)
aninterestedparty (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:26:42 PM

It appears that the Bitcoin charting site "Bitcoinity" is down. I suspect the all-time high of $500/BTC1 could be the cause.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:28:24 PM

Yes, that's possible. The site must be experiencing a lot of traffic.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

It's back up now.
This actually happens quite often... At least daily.
It's very strange, because it either works very well or it doesn't work at all. Whenever it does work, navigating it is very fast.
iguru42

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:26:51 PM

If it happens to be down you could always go to bitcix.com.  Smiley
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

If it happens to be down you could always go to bitcix.com.  Smiley

I'd not seen that one.  The blog and news stuff takes significant real-estate from the charts, but in actual fact they are probably more useful than the extra chart pixels in a lot of cases.

No charting service should be without btcchina exchange these days.  It is probably the dominant force in Bitcoin markets at this time.  Overlaying btcchina and one of the big Western exchanges could produce very useful visualized data I think.

Nice to have options.  I inevitably fall back to bitcoinity because that is what I started with years ago.  The user experiance in terms of response of both bitcoinity and clarkmoody are really impressive and fun to me.  It is also fun to try to guess how they are working under the surface.  They and bitcoincharts and some interesting anomalies which provide clues here.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: