Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED: [WTS] Chainsaw's 1 BTC Brass S1 [NG] (Holo Error)  (Read 1027 times)
Chainsaw (OP)

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:54:02 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:15:05 PM by Chainsaw

Up for sale is a 1 BTC 'Casacius' holo error. (The repeating text in the background of the hologram is misspelled as CASACIUS instead of CASASCIUS.)

Asking Price: 5 BTC 5.5

Related, separate listings:
1 BTC S1 [MS-65]
1 BTC S1 [MS-66]
Other offerings are enumerated here.

The front:

The back:

For historical price comparisons, and possibly other same-offerings at lower prices, check the Bitcoin Collectible Marketplace thread.

I don't intend to insult experienced coin collector's intelligence, but I realize that for many investors, Bitcoins have been their first experience with buying premium coins.
I wanted to make sure the photos captured the natural toning that exists on the "B" (front?) side of the coin.
What impact will this have on today's value, and the future value of the coin? That's a holy war that people far smarter than me argue on both sides of.
Here's a nice article discussing both viewpoints.

What is certain is that some niche of collectors prize toning, especially when over the years, it develops, naturally, into a beautiful specimen. Here's a toned MS-64 Morgan Dollar selling for big bucks.

This is far from a guarantee, so I put toned coins into a more speculative category - having a potentially smaller buyers market, but along with that, the potential for larger, long term gains.  (I'd be thrilled if johnniewalker chimed in on this subject here - he has extensive experience in coins and could probably add a lot of detail I'm not covering here.)

One last thing. Do not buy this coin with the intention of cleaning it! (If you're highly experienced, know the risk you are assuming, and use non-damaging methods, suit yourself.)  A tragic and common mistake new investors make is thinking "Oh, I can make this look nicer, and improve the value of the coin."  The act of polishing, scrubbing, or wiping a coin has a very high chance of creating new scratches on the coin.  At best, that will reduce its grade.  More often, these marks provide a telltale sign of a cleaned coin. From that point on, the coin will not be gradable, and its future value capped.

List of all S1 Active 1 BTC
Link showing coin balance

Feel free to ask questions, or make offers! I promise you won't hurt my feelings :-)
Even better, if you have a similar coin...I invite you to undercut me. I'll happily provide a link to your posting from the marketplace thread.

I warmly invite your purchases, offers, and competitive offerings.  
Each data point lowers the barrier to entry into this collectible marketplace, allowing it to grow.

Happy shopping, and by all means, if there are any questions I've left unanswered, feel free to ask below.

Most especially with this piece, I'm extremely interested to see how the market responds. Will this coin get snapped up before other 1 BTC Brass S1 [NG], or at the end? Do Bitcoiners prize toning, shun it, or remain undecided?  Time to find out :-)

-Chainsaw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chainsaw (OP)

x

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:42:02 PM

I've lowered the asking price on this as well as all my other collectible Casascius offerings - most graded, some not.
Here's a link to my other listings.
Here's a link to the collectible marketplace thread..

Chainsaw (OP)

x

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:15:42 PM

This piece is no longer available.
(Though I do have one more 1 BTC S1 NG available, obviously with different bits, if anyone is interested.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: