Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump and Dump feelings  (Read 268 times)
marciks (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:24:52 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 01:13:37 AM by marciks

Hey guys, I was tradin the ADX alt coin trying to buy at 10507 so after wait a little I did get my order filled.. after 10 seconds I saw price pumping...
The price stayed around 10600 ~ 10500 some time and then exploded lol It was pretty crazy to watch price getting higher in that little time..
After like 30 secs my order got filled and I did sell the coin for 11.200 resulting in like 6% of ROI  Cheesy I was like: WHAAT?!?! GOT TO TAKE PROFITZ HAHAH
After my decision of selling at 11200 price kept rising and went to 15k.. I could have made +30% easily but for some reason I din't.. but profit is profit!!

It was the first time that I saw a live pump \o/ it's pretty niice to see this kind of thing happening live  ;o

If you were in my situation what would have you made and why? what could be observed in cases like that which could help staying longer..
you think that it is possible to meassure a pump size? it's pretty hard to know when it's going to happen, but what about how much time to stay in it?
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:38:52 AM

I don`t trade pump&dump altcoins,but I feel the same, every time I sell my bitcoins. Undecided
This month,I`ve made the stupid decision to sell most of my bitcoins at 6700 USD,and now the BTC price is going to 10K USD.The only altcoin I have is GRFT coin,but it`s current market price is way lower than it`s ICO price.Anyway,I guess that you just have to learn more about technical analysis ,so you could predict when the pumped coin will reach it`s peak.

palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:37:02 AM

Well to me you didn't make a bad decision of taking your profit while it was still hot there in your face. As you said, profit is profit. Thus, waiting longer could either cause you some problems, you can be busy and forget to monitor it to where you expecting it before market reverses.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:57:20 AM

Well to me you didn't make a bad decision of taking your profit while it was still hot there in your face. As you said, profit is profit. Thus, waiting longer could either cause you some problems, you can be busy and forget to monitor it to where you expecting it before market reverses.
I think we dont have to fell afraid on pump and dump we need to overvome our fear on it, bit i can say apmetimes that there are a lot of people around that is lack of trust on bitcoin as it dump there will be a huge droping because everyone really afraid of the bitcoin to become zero value, who knows? I yhink we cannot blame oyr self to feel like panic.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:11:08 AM

first of all now that you saw one pump in action you have to start thinking about what you really saw, what was the signs for instance and how can you predict it next time you saw one so that you can catch it quickly and enjoy the ride. this way you can make a lot of profit in short term and every day!

secondly you have to always learn to be satisfied with the profit that you get. for example if you got 6% be happy that you made a profit instead of regretting why you sold sooner than the ATH. you can never make the max profit ever.

you think that it is possible to meassure a pump size? it's pretty hard to know when it's going to happen, but what about how much time to stay in it?

not really but you can sometimes see when the pump is starting and is the fastest and also see when it is getting closer to the finish line.

Only Bitcoin
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:55:22 AM

It was the first time that I saw a live pump \o/ it's pretty niice to see this kind of thing happening live  ;o

Your lucky to enter a market at a right time but sold in a hurry instead you should have sold partially and hold some coins for more time then you would have made more profit.

If you were in my situation what would have you made and why? what could be observed in cases like that which could help staying longer..

I always buy and sell in small quantities so I would have sold some at your price and some at a higher price or if markets went down then I would have bought some more with that sold money at a lower price.

No one can tell this accurately so you should start booking your profits whenever possible and come out from these pump coins ASAP. If not, you may miss selling your coins at higher prices and may need to hold these for a long time or may end up selling at losses.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 09:13:47 AM

Pump and Dump trading is like gambling. if you want to gamble it’s better to go to las vegas and play bingo game.
You've been lucky this time, but if you keep maintaining this currency, you're probably going to lose your money.
Altcoin pump size is limited to some great news about it & Bitcoin price.
The price of the bitcoin has seen strong gains in recent days, but altcoin fail to be stored for value.
sell now
Badjasman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:18:20 AM

The most epic p & d I have witnessed was that of Bitcoin Cash a few months ago. I feel sorry for all the people that fomo’ed in to buy the top  Tongue
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:29:47 AM

It looks like OP depends only in the price movements without studying the current trend. Yes profit is profit but you should be knowledgeable about trading so you will not miss the opportunity next time.
@theman

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:31:04 AM

Write in a personal message who can teach how to feel the pumps. This is a very important skill. I will share a part of the profits.
marciks (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:32:47 PM

I don`t trade pump&dump altcoins,but I feel the same, every time I sell my bitcoins. Undecided
This month,I`ve made the stupid decision to sell most of my bitcoins at 6700 USD,and now the BTC price is going to 10K USD.The only altcoin I have is GRFT coin,but it`s current market price is way lower than it`s ICO price.Anyway,I guess that you just have to learn more about technical analysis ,so you could predict when the pumped coin will reach it`s peak.
I feel sad for you man.. I'm sure that you will resist and make profits with the coin that you are holding!
I studied a lot of technical analys.. I fear that it could not predict such crazy human behaviour XD I trade using it tho

exactly! things could be catastrophic lel

first of all now that you saw one pump in action you have to start thinking about what you really saw, what was the signs for instance and how can you predict it next time you saw one so that you can catch it quickly and enjoy the ride. this way you can make a lot of profit in short term and every day!

secondly you have to always learn to be satisfied with the profit that you get. for example if you got 6% be happy that you made a profit instead of regretting why you sold sooner than the ATH. you can never make the max profit ever.

not really but you can sometimes see when the pump is starting and is the fastest and also see when it is getting closer to the finish line.
True.. yes, I'm happy HAHAh but I dont think it could be predicted only using technical analisys.. It's easier to predict the pump finish line as you said :d

It was the first time that I saw a live pump \o/ it's pretty niice to see this kind of thing happening live  ;o

Your lucky to enter a market at a right time but sold in a hurry instead you should have sold partially and hold some coins for more time then you would have made more profit.

I always buy and sell in small quantities so I would have sold some at your price and some at a higher price or if markets went down then I would have bought some more with that sold money at a lower price.

No one can tell this accurately so you should start booking your profits whenever possible and come out from these pump coins ASAP. If not, you may miss selling your coins at higher prices and may need to hold these for a long time or may end up selling at losses.
Yeah, very lucky.. I was so in panic watching price move like that XD that's why I left so fast which was good also
I have a small balance, so all my orders are full.. but it is also a good way to secure all the balance entering with only a part of it.. thanks for the tip

The most epic p & d I have witnessed was that of Bitcoin Cash a few months ago. I feel sorry for all the people that fomo’ed in to buy the top  Tongue
It's like watch a war which we are involved xD some people die, in this war :s such is life, war is not for kids!! we have to keep fighting, always!!

Write in a personal message who can teach how to feel the pumps. This is a very important skill. I will share a part of the profits.

In forex, when there are big news, market pumps and dumps in diferent ways.. some times, when there are good news, market goes down.. its insanely crazy but happens.. I think it is because the big institutions want to take all the stoplosses before let the price go higher.. I saw a few people building bots with some kind of hedge channel using martingale.. it's a little hard to explain how it works but in any direction that price goes, the bot will win.. It only loses if price stay in range, which will not happen in big news.. I never saw a sucessfull bot using this kind of technic. It's logical to think that it should work but it does not.. not for ever because martingale is a gamble method and can break account with consecutive losses..Buuuut, with crypto tading, it is diferent because pumps happens anytime independtly of big news.. when they happen, most of time it pumps first, diferently from forex.. would be nice to test the same hedge martingale bot in crypto trading using some kind of price acelerator bot to detect anormal volume in the coin as an entering point.. idk lol, it might not work. But I will surely build a price acelerator bot, not for trade automatically but to get all the information before possible pumps..
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:37:03 PM

You guys might think that it is best way to earn profits but its not really. There are many more risks involved in such pump dump strategies. Also as far as I know and I have read that "artificial pump-dump" is illegal thing to do on any exchanger. It kills the market and creates the FUD thing on the exchanger and in loyal investors. This can disturb the project funds too. Its better not to do it and if your account is caught during this kind of activity then they canna it too. (The exchangers_)
I am sure you will find many groups who are involved in this kind of activity. However there is risk, many time people dont fill the orders and get scammed without reaching the profit wall. This has been written in many threads and from there I can tell this surely. Better avoid it, its not fun.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:01:00 PM

Yeah! Your right, 20-30% of gain is already enough, don't be too greedy cause in the you would regret that you didn't  convert it when the time that Bitcoin is increasing it's market value. Always set a limitation so you could easily decide in time that you need a quick decision.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

Hey guys, I was tradin the ADX alt coin trying to buy at 10507 so after wait a little I did get my order filled.. after 10 seconds I saw price pumping...
The price stayed around 10600 ~ 10500 some time and then exploded lol It was pretty crazy to watch price getting higher in that little time..
After like 30 secs my order got filled and I did sell the coin for 11.200 resulting in like 6% of ROI  Cheesy I was like: WHAAT?!?! GOT TO TAKE PROFITZ HAHAH
After my decision of selling at 11200 price kept rising and went to 15k.. I could have made +30% easily but for some reason I din't.. but profit is profit!!

These is where hodl is important. Seeing just a bit of profit does not define the final pump of an altcoins or maybe it was just a start of it's rise. Sometimes patience is what wee need to have a bigger gain than what we have expected to have.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:08:17 PM

The OP has a good timing. He entered smoothly in trading and what he earned will probably, ignite him to enter in trade. The thing is, how will the OP feels if his holded coin dumped? I think what he felt right now is reversed on what others felt during bearish season.
Trading is a matter of perfect timing. If you are lucky then it is easy for you to have profits without waiting for a long time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:20:22 PM

Actually, i've realized that as long as you sold with profit, it's a good trade. You'll never know at what price these people will decide to dump. Last year i had the same experience and watched live how bitcoin cash pumped to almost double the amount of purchase. I waited and waited and the pump probably lasted for a good 15 minutes. I ended up selling at a 15% loss because of being too greedy and was unable to sell during the pump

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
marciks (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

Actually, i've realized that as long as you sold with profit, it's a good trade. You'll never know at what price these people will decide to dump. Last year i had the same experience and watched live how bitcoin cash pumped to almost double the amount of purchase. I waited and waited and the pump probably lasted for a good 15 minutes. I ended up selling at a 15% loss because of being too greedy and was unable to sell during the pump

Wow!! that's what concerns me.. know how to avoid losses and deal with them is as important as to win.
What happened with you expands a lot the way how I see pumps now
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:42:37 AM

This is genuine reason. But still I will go for this holding option. Reason is, this has become a wonderful source of income and a wonderful chance for getting so big profits. People are earning profits from daily trading as well, but if comparison is made, you will be getting to know that long term investments have more potential to give big profit ratios than this day trading.
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:11:38 AM

Don't ever have regret over making profit, that's a doorway to letting your emotions take over your trades.  Sure, maybe you could've made more, but it could've tanked and you could've lost more as well.   You can monitor it closely and constantly set up stop loss orders so that it triggers sales before it drops too fast, though.  I still would just take profit and be happy with it, there's always another coin that's rising.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:14:20 AM

Yeah! Your right, 20-30% of gain is already enough, don't be too greedy cause in the you would regret that you didn't  convert it when the time that Bitcoin is increasing it's market value. Always set a limitation so you could easily decide in time that you need a quick decision.

Definitely, like I see OP was not being greedy in that situation and that's a good start tho and even he didn't profited a lot it's just fine because at the end of the day what matters most is he profited despite of the amount.

Being greedy won't give us anything but just all losses.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: