Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobie Post here :-)  (Read 860 times)
iiWii (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:26:36 PM

Hello everyone this is my first post, one of a few that I will have to get out the way, I was mining about a year ago but then I stopped for a while (which was a mistake) and now I'm back. I have some tech issues now that I cant figure out. I will mention the tech issue in a proper post later on. This post is my introduction to this forum.
:-)
kwasime

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:49:02 AM

i am also a newb when it comes to mining i havent done any before plus i neever did programming and i have been reading on forum following tutorial on how to set the softwares up but i havent had any luck yet.....does that mean without the basic knowlege of programing i wouldnt be able to mine....cos setting up the software are quiet technical....i will really appreciate it if someone will give a comprehensive tutorial on how to do it from the scratch cos i am dying to mine some coins......will always donate to that persons address if i am able to mine with any coin i mine....thanks very much
6Fallen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:57:05 AM

Hello welcome everyone this is not my first post
BigRidg7

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:09:34 PM

i am also a newb when it comes to mining i havent done any before plus i neever did programming and i have been reading on forum following tutorial on how to set the softwares up but i havent had any luck yet.....does that mean without the basic knowlege of programing i wouldnt be able to mine....cos setting up the software are quiet technical....i will really appreciate it if someone will give a comprehensive tutorial on how to do it from the scratch cos i am dying to mine some coins......will always donate to that persons address if i am able to mine with any coin i mine....thanks very much

Welcome! I'm new here as well, but have been mining for awhile. Bitcointalk has been a great resource in setting up my mining rigs, as I myself have no technical or coding skills either. It took me a few days to research my required supplies and the entire build with proper tuning included took 3-4 days around my normal schedule Smiley When in doubt, Google it or look at the great mining builds from some of the other users on here. If you decide upon a specific GPU, look at the hardware comparison sheets and reddit links to find other users' experience with that card. If you're anticipating SHA mining, there's some great resources on here as well Smiley

The learning curve can be pretty steep, it was for me. Start with general 'how to' searches and go down the rabbit hole from there. reply here or PM with any specific questions and I'll try to help as much as I can - BigRidg

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
Kotina

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:32:49 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Great forum, thanks for the place where i can search new cryptocurrences
GanjaFarmer23

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:35:07 PM

HELLO

This is my first post containing absolutely nothing.
kwasime

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

still waiting for someone to post tutorial on mining for amateur in coding
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:40:58 PM

noobs
kwasime

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

Welcome! I'm new here as well, but have been mining for awhile. Bitcointalk has been a great resource in setting up my mining rigs, as I myself have no technical or coding skills either. It took me a few days to research my required supplies and the entire build with proper tuning included took 3-4 days around my normal schedule Smiley When in doubt, Google it or look at the great mining builds from some of the other users on here. If you decide upon a specific GPU, look at the hardware comparison sheets and reddit links to find other users' experience with that card. If you're anticipating SHA mining, there's some great resources on here as well Smiley

The learning curve can be pretty steep, it was for me. Start with general 'how to' searches and go down the rabbit hole from there. reply here or PM with any specific questions and I'll try to help as much as I can - BigRidg

thanks for the help will do as you say and will post again if i have any questions
Rader1

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:33:00 PM

Hello, everyone this is my first post. I was trying to set up solo mining but I could not figure out hot to get it to work. I was wondering if someone could maybe post a tutorial about it. Thanks.
hentzikov

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:02:14 PM

Yeah I'm right there as well.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to set up the stratum and stuff but oh well.  I'll lurk around here for a while for knowledge..

I've watched a couple youtube videos and looked up my graphics card for compatibility sake but probably just need to sit down and dedicate a couple hours to it.

Go Worldcoin!
juvenize

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:14:11 PM

New here aswell, unfortunatly there's a few restrictions before I can move to the subforums I'd like to post in. Guess we're all on the same boat on this one
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:55:39 PM

Yeah, Hi all! I've been reading posts on the forum for a while now and mining for about a year - so I know the stuff but I guess we have to post here for a while first.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Hello, everyone this is my first post. I was trying to set up solo mining but I could not figure out hot to get it to work. I was wondering if someone could maybe post a tutorial about it. Thanks.

Hey, everyone's gonna tell you not to try solo mining because there's slim to none chance you will every find a block. If you had 2 terrahashs you might find a block in the next three months! But if you want to give luck a chance, go for it!

Here's a good article on how to get started:

http://maunderingcabal.blogspot.com/2013/02/bitcoin-mining-log-9-how-to-solo-mine.html
moriartypants

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

Hi First post. 

I tried mining around a year ago and even then I didn't make any money with my crappy computer.
xblackdemonx

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:10:54 PM

I'm back to mining for the passed couple of weeks now. I'm mining LTC since BTC is useless without a 100GH/s ASIC machine. I'm up to about 1.5 LTC now. I just hope it will explode like BTC did lol
kwasime

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:27:56 PM

thanks for the help will do as you say and will post again if i have any questions

i want to use a cpu to begin with first then after i can get a gpu or asic....can you help me with some stepps to begin with
kwasime

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

I'm back to mining for the passed couple of weeks now. I'm mining LTC since BTC is useless without a 100GH/s ASIC machine. I'm up to about 1.5 LTC now. I just hope it will explode like BTC did lol

were you able to sucessfully set the programmes up.....cos i cant even do that
BrianM49er

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

Hey People  Grin

new here, but not new to mining in general, have a bunch of Erupters running on Win7 and WinXP on hubs with bfgminer 3.9.0

just ordered a new Antminer U1 today so waiting to see what it'll be like to setup on one or the other machine without the other BES connected Cheesy
nirvash

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

Hello everyone Wink this is my first post
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: