Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad first impression of BTC-e  (Read 1426 times)
hdejongh (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:43:51 PM

So 2 days ago i created an account on BTC-E

NO were they say anything about holding you funds.

So i transfered an fair amount of bitcoins to them.
After some trading i want to get them back.
I got a message that i couldn't withdrawal for the next 24 hours...
this of course already pissed me off.
Which right do they have.

But i waited 24 hours and tried again. Now i have to wait 3 DAYS because im a new user.

This is ridiculous.
Cant the moderators make a sticky post with "hidden" rules for the different exchanges?

regards
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdejongh (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

this is crazy, i get the message:

Hello !

Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill not more than 3 months old in high res quality (>300DPI) due to high fraud activity.

Attach here (JPG).

Ticket Details

i never transfered any non crypto currency to them only BTC
greyscale

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:45:42 AM

As a long time user of BTC-e i can tell you that normally BTC-e will require ID and utility bill only where you have attempted to deposit or withdraw using non cryptocurrency. If all you have done is deposited cryptocurrency, traded, then attempted to withdraw cryptocurrency they should not need these documents. If they start requiring ID before allowing withdrawals of bitcoin this would be a MAJOR change that they should warn their customers about in advance.

If what you're saying is true, I'm sure it would come as a shock to many BTC-e users. I think the more likely explanation is that BTC-e support is saying they need your ID to let you bypass the 3 day hold on withdrawals for new accounts. You should still be able to withdraw without providing ID if you simply wait the 3 days.

Whatever happens, please let us know how this matter gets resolved.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:58:20 AM

this is crazy, i get the message:

Hello !

Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill not more than 3 months old in high res quality (>300DPI) due to high fraud activity.

Attach here (JPG).

Ticket Details

i never transfered any non crypto currency to them only BTC

its a big problem with them they are taking too many days and then again documents and verification very redicilous service by them but still one of best exchange sites here

marketorder

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:07:53 AM

That's weird I never had a problem with withdrawing Bitcoins. It usually takes less that 30 mins to see my money back in my wallet. I love there platform and it's very fast by far one of my favorite exchanges!

Try converting to Litecoin and withdrawing that 
So 2 days ago i created an account on BTC-E

NO were they say anything about holding you funds.

So i transfered an fair amount of bitcoins to them.
After some trading i want to get them back.
I got a message that i couldn't withdrawal for the next 24 hours...
this of course already pissed me off.
Which right do they have.

But i waited 24 hours and tried again. Now i have to wait 3 DAYS because im a new user.

This is ridiculous.
Cant the moderators make a sticky post with "hidden" rules for the different exchanges?

regards

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: