Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: @ Twitter Art Share Competition  (Read 776 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:40:36 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 09:18:04 PM by owenprescott

I have just had an idea for a fun competition that will help me gain some exposure for my work, while also allowing 3 winners to earn some BTC. If this works out I might make this a regular competition with a higher reward, it depends on whether people like the idea and try this out. So how does the competition work?

1) First go to my portfolio gallery > http://www.owenprescott.com/portfolio/
2) Try to guess which of the image pages I have pre-selected
3) Follow the image link and share that page on Twitter (include @owengprescott in the tweet).
4) You can share up to 5 pages (max).

To make things interesting I have split the prize into first, second and third positions too.

The first person to share my chosen page wins 0.05BTC
The second to share my chosen page wins 0.02BTC
The third to share my chosen page wins 0.01BTC

Providing people try this out I will end the competition once all three winners have shared the correct page. This is essentially a random lottery and very easy to try out if you have a twitter account.  Grin
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:42:46 PM

Too many photos, law of averages, I won't win.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

I guess this is a little difficult. Perhaps asks questions I can give a clue that might help inform the decision. Obviously nothing to specific.

Clue: I chose my favourite image. This narrows down the choices, providing you feel some stand out above the rest.  Cheesy
MaxBTC1

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:54:55 PM

I guess this is a little difficult. Perhaps asks questions I can give a clue that might help inform the decision. Obviously nothing to specific.

Clue: I chose my favourite image. This narrows down the choices, providing you feel some stand out above the rest.  Cheesy

idk man, they are all pretty boss tbh Smiley
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:09:34 PM

Thanks, lions share goes to the first position so time does factor into this Tongue. I will PM the clue to any questions left in the comments, just to prevent potentially giving away the answer to everyone. Honestly a smart question or two could land you an easy $23 for first place, that's a few beers worth!  Cool
MaxBTC1

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:36:00 PM

Thanks, lions share goes to the first position so time does factor into this Tongue. I will PM the clue to any questions left in the comments, just to prevent potentially giving away the answer to everyone. Honestly a smart question or two could land you an easy $23 for first place, that's a few beers worth!  Cool

I guessed, fingers crossed ha!
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

I have noticed lots of real-time pageviews and we have had our first guesses in. Good luck people. Tongue
MaxBTC1

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 10:33:34 PM

I have noticed lots of real-time pageviews and we have had our first guesses in. Good luck people. Tongue

Any update on this OP?
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:55:13 PM

I will update the thread tomorrow as only a couple of people have made suggestions so far. I will post up the answer in this thread and I will also send a message to the winners on Twitter. Anyone who has participated can send me their BTC address early if they wish. Smiley
MaxBTC1

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

I will update the thread tomorrow as only a couple of people have made suggestions so far. I will post up the answer in this thread and I will also send a message to the winners on Twitter. Anyone who has participated can send me their BTC address early if they wish. Smiley

16CA2YCvX4TrE83je3psYzmuzxeJwvaXXG

Thanks dude.

Also thought you would be interested to know that my friend texted me asking about my tweet - he liked the site too!
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:25:35 PM

Max was the only winner, I was shocked that he got it with the first choices though lol. I posted in on my Google+ before the competition so anyone who wanted to do some research could have found the likely awnser (https://plus.google.com/117413921530888941332/posts/4F9mHFta8aM). Anyway the correct answer was 'Forbidden'. I have sent out 0.05BTC to your Bitcoin address MaxBTC1. Cheesy

Thanks to everyone who participated too!

http://www.owenprescott.com/portfolio/forbidden/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: