Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:48:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News: Notice from Delhi HC to RBI for Blanket Ban  (Read 315 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:19:37 AM

Flintstone Technology files petition at Delhi HC against Reserve Bank of India order

New Delhi, May 5 (IBNS): Flinstone Technologies Pvt. Ltd., which is conducting its business under the trade name of Money Trade Coin (MTC) has filed a petition at the Delhi High Court on Friday, demanding a stay on the Reserve Bank of India circular, which ring fences all entities regulated by it, including banks from conducting business with individual as well as business entities dealing in virtual currencies, an official release stated.

Link

They seem to have filed a separate suit. This is in the Delhi High Court as well. Couldn't they just implead themselves into the suit filed by Kali technologies? Or the High Court should just club these petitions together.
Crypto_Sassy

Activity: 169
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:31:45 AM

let see , but new like Coinsecure will not help the case in positive way.

If Major publishing house also against bitcoin it require good defense. Judges are also human being there judgement can be affected by article like this.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/invest/7-reasons-why-you-should-not-invest-in-bitcoins-cryptocurrencies/articleshow/60891341.cms
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:03:26 PM

If Major publishing house also against bitcoin it require good defense. Judges are also human being there judgement can be affected by article like this.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/invest/7-reasons-why-you-should-not-invest-in-bitcoins-cryptocurrencies/articleshow/60891341.cms

This article is more than 6 months old. An article which says why you shouldn't invest in Bitcoin is different from one which argues that it should be illegal. In any case, I think the judges will rely on expert opinions and not be swayed by media articles.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:50:29 PM

I do not think that the coinsecure hack will be a hurdle, there must be a precedent that the exchanges will be responsible for their inability to safely store the coins, the amount of money an exchange earns is huge and they must be responsible for the coins deposited in it and a regulation should patch these things, i hope we will have a reasonable decision in the end .
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:13:53 PM

hopefully, courts involve in cryptocurrency with bank withdrawal resume life before with the court stay order we may continue as usual business
Crypto_Sassy

Activity: 169
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:19:15 PM

This article is more than 6 months old. An article which says why you shouldn't invest in Bitcoin is different from one which argues that it should be illegal. In any case, I think the judges will rely on expert opinions and not be swayed by media articles.

ET is clearly telling its user base to stay away and I do not think they got any change of stance in these 6 months.
I am just wondering, what will be the defense opening statement for bitcoin?

If they say "Bitcoin is currency" than I guess case will be shutdown on very first day as there cannot be any other currency in India other than INR.
Bitcoin is not a commodity.
If you say Bitcoin is a security then which corporation will be backing its value?

With all this negativity it require a good attorney to defend who can alter the conventional way of thinking.

I do not think that the coinsecure hack will be a hurdle, there must be a precedent that the exchanges will be responsible for their inability to safely store the coins, the amount of money an exchange earns is huge and they must be responsible for the coins deposited in it and a regulation should patch these things, i hope we will have a reasonable decision in the end .

I think government and RBI take serious notes for common people losing money like this ,even  whole banking framework  looks a big failure than coinsecure in case of PNB+Neerav Modi.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: