Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for co-investor(s) for credit rating and bail bond system  (Read 8417 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 09:21:25 PM

I'm wondering just how rich you are(regards bitcoin), you've been doing very well with bitcoin, feel free to leave me wondering.
I sold almost half of my coins two weeks ago for approx. 1.5 kEUR, I'll let you do the math Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abstraction

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:24:38 PM

Do you have a prospectus of any sort? I was interested in building a system like this myself, but if there is already work to be done on yours I won't bother reinventing the wheel. I may be interested in investing if I get more details on the structure of the operation.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:28:59 PM

How will you manage risks? Will you look up actuarial science?

Anonymous

February 12, 2011, 02:19:45 PM

Im in for 200 at least.

protagonist

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 03:48:15 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I'm in for 200 BTC. No post history as you can see, but you're the one
getting money here, so...

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAk1WrM4ACgkQmjPKxWDY2c4rBQCdGvlfSSscA0ldGYULNl+oCxAB
fmcAniOZvzyffiSRFpP8eM25C8FG8Iz0
=NCWD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Protagonist
public key
BitCoinPurse

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 04:20:24 PM

Count me in for 100BTC.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 04:26:14 PM

Loooooooooooooooooot of investors!

carp

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 08:18:26 PM

I'm applying for the coder position. Do I need to present what I've already developed ?

No I've already looked through some of your code for BC so I am a little familiar with what you've done. I think the most difficult thing is going to be getting facebook/linkedin integration working.

Actually, that statement encapsulates why I feel comfortable investing in this. In fact, I am good for 200 btc or more. Though. I would like to see the details in the coming days. Actually, it would be nice to have a discussion session or two on what we want to see out of this... I have had my own ideas on what such a system might look like and what features I would want to see.

If this wasn't being talked about by some of the more prominent members of this community, I would be more wary but, I see real promise in this and don't have the time or skills (yet) to build it myself. Hell I would apply for the developer position myself if I didn't know that I can't deliver in a timely manner on it (though, I would be more than willing to contribute some when and as I can).

In any case, like I said, put me down for 200 now.

Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 08:17:25 AM

I'm applying for the coder position. Do I need to present what I've already developed ?

Do you still want to do the coding? I've sent you a pm and one or two emails and haven't heard back from you. This is paid work man.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
cookiecaper

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2011, 09:24:34 AM

What are you willing to pay the developers and what scope are you looking at? I'm interested in code work both involving btc and that pays btc. I don't have a ton of time on my hands right now but I'd be willing to at least help out, and I am mentoring a developer who'd be good for this kind of project. PM or email me and we can talk.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 10:25:03 AM

carp, BitCoinPurse  send me your email so I can invite you to the project page.

I've set up a zoho project to manage this, it has plenty of features for collaboration,it's just a good place to keep everything together.

There are more details about the project on the project page, which you'll get invited to.

Current status:
Funding: I will actually look for the funding to be sent by this Friday
ColdHardMetal is working on bylaws and structure, and I'd actually like for him to be secretary if he's up to the task.

Concept: Project concept is up on the project page and goes into the detail of just how this will work. It's a wiki so feel free to comment or change it.

Revenue projections: Needs work, this is not my speciality, on the project page we've got revenue sources but need a more details breakdown of where it may come from and how much etc.

Costs: Hosting(easy to calculate) and development. Development costs are more variable and as I've not gotten any reply from daveout I can't say anything. It goes without saying that the development will take longer and cost more than expected though.

Banking: We will be needing a bank account in the real world, and bitdragon is handling this, being in Geneva it's a pretty good location for our account to be.

Coding: I'm working on the specification for daveout, haven't heard from daveout since he put his name down earlier in the thread so I don't know what the deal is with that.

Hosting:Trying to arrange hosting, almost have a deal set up with just a man, should find out soon if that will be happening.

Investors to date: Me, ColdHardMetal, bitdragon, noagendamarket, carp, BitCoinPurse,  protagonist 

By Friday we'll see who stumps up the cash.

Need:
A treasurer. I don't want to be responsible for money, at least keeping track of it, not my strong point, I'll be happy with CEO. This position requires someone of trust, anyone here who is investing, if you know someone who is trustworthy of this role, please get onto them.

Might need: A designer, who will work with daveout on the look of the site. I can come up with the functional design of the site, but making it look nice again is not my job.

Input from everyone is welcome.

Anonymous

February 15, 2011, 11:09:42 AM

You can t go wrong letting ColdHardMetal setup the bylaws for you.

I urge anyone who missed out on the bitcoind project to contact nefario and invest in this.  Smiley

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 11:25:08 AM

Update 2:

ColdHardMetal is taking the position as secretary, and I'm nominating bitdragon as real world cash treasurer.

We also need a bitcoin treasurer and another secretary(for redundancy)

Note for investors we still need more until we have the development costs covered(which we don't know yet).

So keep pledging!

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 11:27:46 AM

Regarding the development costs, I will be able to give an estimate if there is a rough spec draft made.
Lots of the bitcoin-central.net will be re-used in order to minimize the development time.

ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2011, 11:28:49 AM

ColdHardMetal is working on bylaws and structure, and I'd actually like for him to be secretary if he's up to the task.

He is.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 11:43:37 AM

Regarding the development costs, I will be able to give an estimate if there is a rough spec draft made.
Lots of the bitcoin-central.net will be re-used in order to minimize the development time.

Your back, I thought we lost you there for a second.

Thats great, that helps a lot for me doing up the spec, it will have a general screen layout too.

I'll get that done ASAP, right after I've done the article and editing for the weekly.co.nr (due sooner)

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 11:45:49 AM

Your back, though we lost you there.

Thats great, that helps a lot for me doing up the spec.
No worries Smiley
What license will you want it under ?

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
February 15, 2011, 12:09:02 PM

I'm in for 500 BTC or so...  Grin Sounds like a good idea!

One off NP-Hard.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 12:19:47 PM

Your back, though we lost you there.

Thats great, that helps a lot for me doing up the spec.
No worries Smiley
What license will you want it under ?

That depends on the licencing issues raised by integrating parts of BC into it. Does it cause any issues or are we free to go ahead and pick our own licence?

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2011, 12:59:53 PM

I'm in for 500 BTC or so...  Grin Sounds like a good idea!

Great, we'll be looking to start collecting the funding on Friday, try to have it ready by then.

Update 3: Hosting confirmed, we've got 6 months on a dedicated server for a price of 120btc. With thanks to just a man for providing this.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: