Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest crypto misconception you've heard?  (Read 65 times)
LeroyBro (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:11:24 PM

Cryptocurrencies get a lot of bad rep, and a lot of is uncalled for since people just do not know enough.

I swear I've heard that Bitcoin is anonymous and only used by hackers and drug dealers so many times at this point it's crazy.

What are some of yours? How do we give crypto a good rep?

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:16:27 PM

Cryptocurrencies get a lot of bad rep, and a lot of is uncalled for since people just do not know enough.

I swear I've heard that Bitcoin is anonymous and only used by hackers and drug dealers so many times at this point it's crazy.

The answer is education. But I doubt governments will help cryptocurrencies because they can't be able to control it. No one can bypass the Blockchain and they won't be able to get taxes when all people uses cryptos. What the governments are doing right now is they are creating their own cryptocurrency just like the big companies out there that adapted the blockchain tech.
  Let me hear your thoughts about this.

Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:20:04 PM

I think calling bitcoin a bubble is a pretty big misconception that derives from misunderstanding how money actually works.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
vitkamenev

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:28:12 PM

I think calling bitcoin a bubble is a pretty big misconception that derives from misunderstanding how money actually works.
I agree with you. Many of my acquaintances still adhere to it. I also used to think so until I started to delve into and understand the world of cryptocurrencies. I am glad that now I have such an opportunity  Smiley
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:48:31 PM

Well back then it wasn't so bad unless and until people got more smarter with the time and started thinking with their devil brain side! I am sure this kind of stuff always happens in this world, no matter what it is, gold, fiat currency or anything else which has got tremendous value. BTC blended in smoothly with the other world due to its pseudo anonymous nature.

However, we should be looking at the brighter side of this one. I mean there are more than 100 businesses who do use the bitcoin as payment processor and many more are in-line to use it that way. I think there is only way to publish the good rep of bitcoin and that, to use it yourself and spread the world as much as you could. I mean unless and until people dont see it with their own eyes then they cant believe the true facts either.
delitte

Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:40:23 PM

The worst thing I ever heard about crypto especially on Bitcoin was that it is a scam.
People who watch mainstream media like major tv news that is captioning Bitcoin or Crypto on a wrong way will affect crypto community as instance like kind of news that was labeled as Bitcoin as a biggest scam on history but it's not actually proven by those people who tagged Bitcoin is an actual scam.
What really happened was that greedy people who are using Bitcoin and Crypto to scam and victimize people who are not fully educated by Bitcoin and Crypto and Blockchain and what's it's purpose and it's importance and how to earn money through it.

delitte

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:43:51 PM

I agree with you. Many of my acquaintances still adhere to it. I also used to think so until I started to delve into and understand the world of cryptocurrencies. I am glad that now I have such an opportunity  Smiley

The only reason why people don't trust and believe crypto is they are not fully education regarding Crypto information.
there are too many incidents that were related by crypto that people are getting scammed so although we can't blame them but my point is, authorities should somehow show crypto advantages in order for some people will be brightened on what's the good side of investing Bitcoin or crypto and clearing it out from their minds that it is not a scam nor a fraud.

delitte

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:46:47 PM

That Bitcoin called a bubble is still better for me than people are tagging it as a scam. that is worst because the entire crypto community are affected when mainstream media are quoting the people were ruined by Bitcoin as they're victims of a Bitcoin scam.
People who watched the news or segment will believe those lies and misconceptions because nobody on their family member who are educated enough regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: