Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:41:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something wrong with MtGox?  (Read 3235 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 08:13:50 PM

Little under 2 weeks ago i decided to withdraw some money from my MtGox account, i was suprised to find i couldnt send it to my paypal account. So i requested a direct deposit transaction.

The owner requested the needed information like IBAN , name and address, since that it's been dead silent.
I sent two emails after that asking about the transaction, one over a week ago, one two days ago. No reply.

My account still tells me the cash is there, but i would realy like to get it transfered, so im wondering whats going on and if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 08:21:40 PM

Little under 2 weeks ago i decided to withdraw some money from my MtGox account, i was suprised to find i couldnt send it to my paypal account. So i requested a direct deposit transaction.

The owner requested the needed information like IBAN , name and address, since that it's been dead silent.
I sent two emails after that asking about the transaction, one over a week ago, one two days ago. No reply.

My account still tells me the cash is there, but i would realy like to get it transfered, so im wondering whats going on and if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

isnt there a min amount withdrawal for bank to bank transfers of $800?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 08:26:13 PM

In US, yes. No limit in EU (which is the case here).
Any way, he could at least reply...

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 08:30:48 PM

I've never had any dealings with him so I can't say anything.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 09:34:00 PM

I can personnally testify that as an exchange operator it is a fair bit of work to answer e-mails and perform transfers.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 10:20:55 PM

My own experience is the opposite of yours. Jed has always been *very* responsive and I have successfully withdrawn to EU bank once. I asked him on Sunday, he immediately took the money from my account and it arrived today. Now, having said this, he has been silent this whole week. I've sent a couple of emails and have not received anything back.

But, seriously, I have no issue trusting mtgox with cash or coins. Trust wise he's very, very positive. He may have some personal thing preventing him from replying, I don't know, but I'm sure that if you keep trying he'll eventually come around.

Btw, he also hangs around the bitcoin-* rooms on freenode, try there too.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 10:25:43 PM

He's just one guy, you know. He might be travelling or something.

He has always been super-responsive in my experience. Also, he gives a strong impression of being in this business "for the long run" and looking after his business accordingly.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 10:56:39 PM

He's just one guy, you know. He might be travelling or something.

He has always been super-responsive in my experience. Also, he gives a strong impression of being in this business "for the long run" and looking after his business accordingly.

Seems to me if I recall correctly he did say he would be travelling till the 11th.  That was several days ago.  He is otherwise very responsive.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 11:04:55 PM

+1 for mtgox.  He usually gets to my emails within 48 hours, though you gotta expect a business to be less responsive through weekends.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 11:41:28 PM

First of he was very responsive indeed, but it all stopped all of a sudden.
Also, as the topic title indicates, im not out to say he's not trustworthy, im just wondering whats going on.
Hopefully i'll know more soon.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 11:57:49 PM

First of he was very responsive indeed, but it all stopped all of a sudden.
Also, as the topic title indicates, im not out to say he's not trustworthy, im just wondering whats going on.
Hopefully i'll know more soon.

It was on his blog.

Feb 7 blog post: "Next update: Friday, 11th (I will be travelling as of tomorrow. I will try to post an update in between, but I rather prepare all of you that it might not work, and then positively surprise vs. under-delivering). Your S3052"

EDIT to also mention: his today blog post says: "Here is tonight’s Technical BTC Update. (Un)fortunately my flight in Madrid is delayed so I am using the opportunity to write this article)."

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 12:24:48 AM

That's not Mtgox, casascius. That's S3052.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2011, 05:59:02 PM

That's not Mtgox, casascius. That's S3052.

I suppose I was confused by appearance of S3052's blog at mtgox.com/blog

Regardless, Jed has been very responsive when I wanted to withdraw funds too, even contacting me to let me know that his ACH transfer to me had bounced - I had (stupidly) given him my account number wrong.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: