Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Im trying to avoid coinbase.  (Read 145 times)
Mdjamal01 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM

What is the best crypto wallet with the lowest fees and fastest transaction time?
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:55:46 PM

You made the right choice to avoid using coinbase as a wallet. First of all, coinbase is an exchange and the wallet doesn’t belong to you totally. You should use a wallet which you control the private key. You can try Electrum or hardware wallet.

As for fees, it depends on the network. However, you can choose the fees in Electrum or hardware wallet.
sureshotcoin

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:01:08 PM

coin base support really sucks and fee are too high to trade and website crash down when the market is pumping and many such problems inside the system
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:01:33 PM

What is the best crypto wallet with the lowest fees and fastest transaction time?

I like Electrum myself. Fees will depend on the coin/network.

It rarely makes sense to store coins on an exchange. Exceptions being if you plan to do
some trading... or catch some sells... but even then, don't keep coins on exchanges too long.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

I am not sure why would you use Coinbase as a wallet. Use Electrum or something like Exodus, of course the hardware one is even a better choice for keeping your holdings secure.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:04:17 PM

Fees don't depend on the wallet, assuming that you're not going to use the lightning network. But rather on the miner fees you send along with the transaction. In desktop and hardware wallets this fee can be changed manually, not sure if that's also the case for Coinbase. Transaction speed also depends on the fee, as miners favor transactions with high fees when the mempool is full.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:38:51 PM

there's lots of wallets are confirmed safe out there. so I think you have lots of choice.
but my best way to transfer all my coins to a hard wallet. it's always safe when you have something hard in your hand  Grin Grin

I'm curious why you're trying to avoid coinbase? is it not a good wallet?
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:44:07 PM

I hate coinbase as much as the next guy, but for now there is no avoiding the fact they are the easiest way to convert fiat to crypto and are (currently) essential for mass adoption

I have high hopes for ethos when the wallet comes out - look that up if you haven't already!

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:47:30 PM

I am not sure why would you use Coinbase as a wallet.

Exactly. I can't understand why it is so difficult to distinguish between an exchange and a wallet.
Coinbase is an exchange (website), not a wallet.
Electrum is a wallet (computer program), not an exchange.
See, really easy to distinguish.
People stop storing your coins in an exchange. Store them locally, on your computer in a wallet.

A good wallet will set reasonable fees so that your transaction is received in a reasonable period of time. But in the end, you are free to set the fees manually.
The transaction times will depend on the fees. If you set them too low, the transaction time will increase.The reason is that miners prefer to include transactions with higher fees in the blocks they mine.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

Get your self a hardware wallet like trezor or ledger. With them, you get the convenience of a web wallet or a light wallet and security. It is the perfect combination, and you will be pleased and sleep well.
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

Depending on what coin you want to keep in the wallet. For bitcoin you can try blockchain.info for ethereum you can try mew or so more efficient you can buy trezor or ledger hardware.
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

Hi Mdjamal01,

Check out our list of wallets here (rated by members of the cryptocommunity): https://www.cryptowisser.com/wallets/

I'm sure you will find the best wallet for you in that list.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: