Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to minimize the risk and choose the best altcoins?  (Read 375 times)
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:15:23 PM

The best way is to make a thorough review about the team and their plan for the project. If the project is too good to be true, most likely it's a scam. However, it's really hard to tell which is a scam and which is legit, since recently there are really promising projects that turned out to be a scam after it's successful ICO.
Everyone should be more careful when choose to invest in an altcoin, They need to be smart when he starts his selection. Every successful investor is already had a suffisent knowledge about this field. Searching about people review is very good too, but you should carefully read the whitepaper and make some decisions when you decide to invest, sometimes it's too hard to find the scam ICO even for the experts, so you don't put all your money in just one project, try to spread your investment in differents project.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:45:12 PM

To minimize the risk is to maximize your effort to on checking the project. checking all the details about the project before investing your money and time on it. Read the whitepaper, study the project, background check of the team and so on. Regards mate and good luck.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:57:28 PM

So far altcoins have brought me the best returns, but as the time goes by, more and more scam projects appear and it becomes more difficult to distinguish good projects from bad ones. What is your strategy, how do you filter these few satoshi coins?
I have found several articles, for example, https://steemit.com/altcoin/@utuku/checklist-before-buying-cheap-altcoins but sometimes I still feel uncertain and would like to hear more suggestions and opinions on this.
Deep understanding and spending more time searching for a good one. Asking it from other people isn't enough, although it could help to have priorities which one to look first but we have to do our self personally. Because people around have different ideas and speculations, it only give you doubts which one you have to choose.
entempo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:23:34 AM

Check the project, all documents, the team, the company... everything. And only if nothing bad found - than you can think about this coin in long term
Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 02:57:07 AM

To minimize the risk is to maximize your effort to on checking the project. checking all the details about the project before investing your money and time on it. Read the whitepaper, study the project, background check of the team and so on. Regards mate and good luck.

Well, basically I assume the OP did everything what you said, since he mentioned that he already made several profits from alts. He just want to hear something that he has not done yet which is an effective strategy to atleast minimize the risks.
In such case , I can say experience would be our greatest guidance through out in every steps to our investments that can minimize the risks. Risks is always there, no one can ever be certain in this field.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:03:57 AM

The opinions of staying analyzing keep observing, the deeper you analyze the more knowledge you get. learn first before you invest, how the system and portfolio history of previous work,
how the future of his project,
if you only get additional income you can follow bounty project as much, but all there is in your hand, spirit and success always
MacStone

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:12:03 AM

No knowledge = No profit.
This is very sad, but this is how it works, i think that most of us does not even take in consideration how much important is to make a deep research before investing.

The opinions of staying analyzing keep observing, the deeper you analyze the more knowledge you get. learn first before you invest, how the system and portfolio history of previous work,
how the future of his project,
if you only get additional income you can follow bounty project as much, but all there is in your hand, spirit and success always

coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:31:41 AM

You may need to spend some time reading more about the details of the project. For example, the website, roadmap, what the coin is for, what makes that coin special. But there is always risk, so I tried to not participate in ICOs. Only bounty and airdrops.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:50:14 AM

So far altcoins have brought me the best returns, but as the time goes by, more and more scam projects appear and it becomes more difficult to distinguish good projects from bad ones. What is your strategy, how do you filter these few satoshi coins?
I have found several articles, for example, https://steemit.com/altcoin/@utuku/checklist-before-buying-cheap-altcoins but sometimes I still feel uncertain and would like to hear more suggestions and opinions on this.

These are the most common suggestions to avoid fake ICO to minimize the risks:
1. Review the CEO and staff members back ground if they are really a legit persons that they have really a good performance and performance of handling a project. You can do the research using the google.
2. See to it that their projects is really exist that their commodities are feasible for the masses so that it will attract more investors.
3. For bounties - The bounty managers should be known and respected persons because they will research well the projects before handling it because their reputation is at stake.
SloggerSasha

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:06:50 PM

I would advise to take a fancy to the project Pavocoin, because this team has spent a lifetime working in the agricultural ecosystem that has built us a platform designed to improve the quality and outcomes for farmers.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:51:41 PM

Minimising the risk is too diversify the coins into various selective coins and buying  the coins at dip is the best way we can minimize the risk these are best way we can stay in profits
okan

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:53:19 PM

I invest only in well-studied project.
i dont want to lose my money for shit projects.
90 of these cons will be 0 in 2 years
whyrqa

Activity: 1093

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

I invest only in well-studied project.
i dont want to lose my money for shit projects.
90 of these cons will be 0 in 2 years
but How to make an effective analysis of these projects? Apparently, every project can evolve so, and fall, after a while. And it's still I do not take into account scammers, who are also deceiving when developing the company's ico.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
Crypcar10290

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:11:39 PM

To filter the good projects from bad ones, the best approach is to read and learn about the project itself, go to the official website, read the whitepaper and the road map, see if the project has a use case or a solution for any specific industry, look for the development stage of the project, if the project is still in an early stage it is not good. It is also important to see what people has to say about the project as reference, and what has been the performance of the price during the time, pump and dump coins are not reliable, instead look for the projects with less drastic fluctuation in price. It is not easy to find a good project to invest so take your time and do your own research.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:56:19 PM

My strategy for investing in altcoins is that I make my own research first. If I my research is not enough to prove that a certain coin is profitable in the long run (I'm a long term trader), I will ask opinion of others. You can ask people you knew who are very siccessful in this industry or you can ask directly on this forum. Aside from that, I also take into consideration about how the price of the coin moved in the past.
hhk1045

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

I think you shouldn't put eggs in the same basket but also you shouldn't use too many baskets. 4 or 5 altcoins is the best option to minimize risk because if you invest too many altcoins you cannot follow all of them and cannot make enough research for them.
choychoy

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:28:33 AM

Much better if we invest on the almost reach the hard cap as it has bigger chance that it will go on exchanges. Although it has still risk but in a lower as compared to those not getting the softcap. Research thoroughly on there background of team and the white paper will also help.

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:53:48 AM

The most important you need to do in investing ico:

1. They have live webinar, so they have a chance to publicise their identity.
2. Fast answer when you have a question even in telegram or in their email support.
3. Hype
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:03:27 AM

Much better if we invest on the almost reach the hard cap as it has bigger chance that it will go on exchanges. Although it has still risk but in a lower as compared to those not getting the softcap. Research thoroughly on there background of team and the white paper will also help.
Research carefully before investing in altcoins. You can interact with any guy who is already in the market and trading in altcoins. YouTube and search engines help a lot in picking the right card. Besides, your past experience will also guide you in making a decision. Sometimes the sixth sense works faster than any other. To bit a more scientific, dig out data before investing as data will never lead you on the wrong way. This will help you minimize the risk.

nodes.com

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:34:56 AM

Well, there are several importan factors:
- The product and the idea behind the coin/token. Is the product needed ? Is it solving a real problem ? Will it be used in the next 5 years ? The next 10 years ?
- The team behind it. Can you see the team ? Who they are?  Do they have experience in the field? Do they know what they're talking about ?  Anonymous team means 95% fraud.
- Competition! Do they have a direct competitor? Are the ahead of the competition? Are they providing something that the competition isn't ?
- Roadmap. Is their roadmap clear ? Are their goals short-term or long-term? Will something important happen to the product in the next months, the next Q ? You can learn a lot for a coin by its roadmap and the way you interpret it.
There are many more factors and you should always do your own due diligence and you shouldn't trust everything said on the internet, but if there's an issue with one or more of the mentioned factors it's a big red flag and you should proceed with caution.
Hope this helps !
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: