Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I smell fear. The fear of people afraid of losing out on a good price.  (Read 1415 times)
btcprice (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:51:53 AM

I know the feeling. I bought back in 2011 when the price went up from $5 to $30. I also bought 10 days ago when the price was at $301.

I remember the fear. The scrambling to get my money to an outlet that would allow me to buy bitcoins.

That fear is out there right now. The fear from the Chinese who have access to their bank accounts and want to get a purchase before the price goes up. The fear from the Americans who are hoping to buy when the banks open on Monday morning.

People are deciding whether to take out loans or hock some of their possessions in order to get in on the lowest possible price.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:56:14 AM

I know the feeling. I bought back in 2011 when the price went up from $5 to $30. I also bought 10 days ago when the price was at $301.

I remember the fear. The scrambling to get my money to an outlet that would allow me to buy bitcoins.

That fear is out there right now. The fear from the Chinese who have access to their bank accounts and want to get a purchase before the price goes up. The fear from the Americans who are hoping to buy when the banks open on Monday morning.

People are deciding whether to take out loans or hock some of their possessions in order to get in on the lowest possible price.

Ya this could get stupid. Bitcoin-Mania is on the launch pad.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:59:57 AM

Yeah this shows us how near the price is about to crash

SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:02:54 AM

Yes!

The current price action feels very much like the week before the bubble peaks in 2011 and April of this year. BTC China is pouring gasoline on the speculative fire with its temporary suspension of trading fees.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:14:33 AM

Yeah this shows us how near the price is about to crash

No, this will have much longer legs. The half-witted public is about to get involved.

Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:24:11 AM

The question is, who's going to get left holding the bag?  When people start dumping for real, most people won't be able to get out in time.  That's the nature of crashes.  I've got the popcorn ready.   Grin

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:30:16 AM

The question is, who's going to get left holding the bag?  When people start dumping for real, most people won't be able to get out in time.  That's the nature of crashes.  I've got the pop corn ready.   Grin

Everyone thinks they:ll get out, but when it actually happens they:re like deer in the headlights. You:re right, that:s how it ends up going down. With the ridiculous rate it:s been rising this weekend, the crash should be coming very soon now.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:42:58 AM

The question is, who's going to get left holding the bag?  When people start dumping for real, most people won't be able to get out in time.  That's the nature of crashes.  I've got the popcorn ready.   Grin

I hope you also have some fiat ready  Grin

Coinseeker

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:55:13 AM

I hope you also have some fiat ready  Grin

Me too.  I could just as easily end up being one of those bag holders.  Sleep is something I've given up on for the foreseeable future.   Undecided

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:57:54 AM

Get out it time for what?  Do you think this is the end of bitcoin?

If not, then I'm just waiting to buy more at lower prices.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
btcprice (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:06:21 AM

The question is, who's going to get left holding the bag?  When people start dumping for real, most people won't be able to get out in time.  That's the nature of crashes.  I've got the pop corn ready.   Grin

Everyone thinks they:ll get out, but when it actually happens they:re like deer in the headlights. You:re right, that:s how it ends up going down. With the ridiculous rate it:s been rising this weekend, the crash should be coming very soon now.

That's typically how I've found it to happen. People will say to themselves "it's only going down a little and then it will go up so I won't sell just yet". Before you know it the price has lost half its value and people will still be waiting for it to go back up. Eventually the price has lost most of its value.
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:27:25 AM

That's one way and the other is that sells will be getting executed so quickly, that you won't be able to find a sell point.  It may show its dropping and its at 450 but bids down as low as 300 may be spoken for and by the time you've figured out what's going on, bids down to 200 or below could be spoken for.  This is how most people get stuck in a free fall crash situation.  They want to get out but they simply can't.  That's when the real panic and sheer terror sets in. 

thetopham

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:38:19 AM

wtf is going on, I sold at $200 and still waiting to buy back in

Huh Huh Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:39:33 AM

That's one way and the other is that sells will be getting executed so quickly, that you won't be able to find a sell point.  It may show its dropping and its at 450 but bids down as low as 300 may be spoken for and by the time you've figured out what's going on, bids down to 200 or below could be spoken for.  This is how most people get stuck in a free fall crash situation.  They want to get out but they simply can't.  That's when the real panic and sheer terror sets in. 
+1

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:41:33 AM

wtf is going on, I sold at $200 and still waiting to buy back in

Huh Huh Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

all of it!?

i think its going to 3000$ ....

thetopham

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:43:11 AM

yes, all of it isn't much tho, only 3 coins I got at $150 around oct 15th. still, I'd have about 1000 profit by now
thetopham

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

although I do have $600 in a mining co-op, already got $200 out of it so far so I'm not completely out. I do feel really stupid though
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:49:07 AM

yes, all of it isn't much tho, only 3 coins I got at $150 around oct 15th. still, I'd have about 1000 profit by now

so you bought bitcoin to get a few % more dollars , thats fine thats cool, but you have to realize the only reason you were able to do that is because bitcoin is the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: