Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you sell coins?  (Read 202 times)
rameses786 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

I'm a complete noob in crypto and trying to learn some basics on trading/exchange currencies.

Pretty stupid/newbie question but how do you sell if you have lets say 500k alt coin? For example, if you were one of the few people who mined bitcoin and had around 500k coins or you mined ethereum and had that amount, how would you sell them? I know exchange have limitation but if you wanted to sell them all together, how would you sell them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:44:57 AM

I'm a complete noob in crypto and trying to learn some basics on trading/exchange currencies.

Pretty stupid/newbie question but how do you sell if you have lets say 500k alt coin? For example, if you were one of the few people who mined bitcoin and had around 500k coins or you mined ethereum and had that amount, how would you sell them? I know exchange have limitation but if you wanted to sell them all together, how would you sell them?

I do not think I should sell all the altcoin because we will not, so I suggest to sell one of the altcoins you have, so you hold altcoins that you do not sell and sell altcoins that have high value
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:51:20 AM

if I have a lot of coins, I will not sell all the coins I have, I will only sell 25% -50% of my coins, long-term investment is always more important in my plans.
rameses786 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:55:08 AM

if I have a lot of coins, I will not sell all the coins I have, I will only sell 25% -50% of my coins, long-term investment is always more important in my plans.

How would you sell 50% of your alt coin and where? I know exchanges have limitation.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:03:51 AM

If one exchange got a limitation on quantity then why can't to split your sell quantity and do it into few smaller transactions? If you, you can sell in few different exchanges if you want funds urgently. But use only reputed exchanges and always try with smaller quantities instead of sending all your coins to exchange at once because sometime if exchange block your account for some reason then all your money or coins will be stuck there until you resolve your issue with exchanges.
Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:06:25 AM

I sell only those coins in which I'm not sure. So I sell for a big need, if you need money. But in general I keep my crypto-currencies and I think that in the future they will bring a big profit.
thaovtt210

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:07:13 AM

If that's true, first of al you need to register an account in the exchange that exist buying/selling that coin because not 1 altcoins not listed on entire all exxchange. For example, ETN just listed on Binances, you can access this wwebsite to check.  https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/electroneum/#markets after that you can browse the way to order in some youtube video acording to the exchange you are in, it really useful. And then you are becoming a amateur trader. Once dept into the exchange you should not deposit all you have because exchange wallet is not secure. And just holding an big enough amount and wait for pump
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:21:10 AM

If I need money, then I will sell a coin whose price goes up.
and if when all the coin prices go up and I'm profitable, then I'll also sell the coins.
Ojodibanned

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 02:36:36 AM

I have always viewed the development of coin is on the rise and capable of giving high prices. to sell your coin certainly, we should see the market price. by monitoring, we are able to get higher returns. I sell coins when the price is high.
StaubeS

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:37:47 AM

I trade them for btc, eth, or litecoin, and then sell on coinbase.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:40:11 AM

just check if where exchange it is listed , for example try to search in coinmarketcap or blockfolio. After you see where it is listed register in that exchange and then sell transfer the coin/token youu have in the right address and name of your coin then sell it in what currency you want.
rameses786 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:47:36 AM

I sell only those coins in which I'm not sure. So I sell for a big need, if you need money. But in general I keep my crypto-currencies and I think that in the future they will bring a big profit.

Sure, that was my question. Once the coin is profitable, how would you sell in bulk? I can sell it in exchanges in chunks but if I know that the coin can't go beyond lets say $10000, how would I bulk sell it?
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:53:01 AM

Selling altcoin has no limitation. The limit is on withdrawal so you can sell all 100% of coins. And if eth or btc is your coins there is no need to sell it I guess it can be converted in your countries currency just in mine. If there is withdrawl limit so fo a.two.withrawal . Cam be half half of your coins
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:54:06 AM

And why sell them all together?  They can be sold on several exchanges and in several stages.  You should look at coinmarketcap.com on which exchanges the coin is traded, see the volumes.  And then already choose the stock exchanges.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:01:01 AM

when you earn bitcoin or altcoins from mining or bounty or others first thats coin will goin in your wallet, after thats you just sell and you will get USD or MONEY and do withdraw to send in your account bank that is simple
artem201293

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:02:43 AM

First of all you have to make a registration on the top exchanges (My suggestion is to make accounts on top exchanges because it is more secure)
Further, in order to be able to change big amount of tokens you should pass the verification process(it will take up to 5 working days but usually faster), after that you will be able to make a daily withdrawal up to 100 BTC (for example on Binance)
After that you can transfer any amount of BTC to localbitcoins or other exchanges.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:15:28 AM

Splitting your portfolio and sending them to different exchanges is one thing. But another option you have is to sell them in bulk through a physical meetup. By physical meetup i mean you meet someone at your local cafe or bank and exchange coins once they give you cash.

You can use platforms like localbitcoins to find people who want to buy cryptocurrencies with cash.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:30:09 AM

Most of the time, you buy tokens that trading volume are very large.
So you can sell these tokens in time, and if you buy some junk tokens, then maybe there's no trading volume, Angry

residivis

Activity: 443

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:33:56 AM

if I own usually if I get an altcoin then what I do first is look at the stock on altcoin that I have then check the price of ico in altcoin if it approaches or exceeds the ico price then I will sell it at that time. and this can be done if the atcoin is already listed on the exchange, but if it is still in the process of entering a bursa I will have to wait until I enter or if I enter but far from the price I also will hold my altcoin.
dUCiLe

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:39:41 AM

selling them all at once is what whales do, its price manipulation, soon as you demolish all the buy orders on an exchange you can then buy back in and double or triple ur holdings.

but 500k of a shitcoin could only be worth 100usd. in that case dump away
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: