Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My `psychic` neighbor says BTC will hit $4,286 USD...  (Read 817 times)
panspOrmia (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:04:22 AM

Oh well; I had a chance just 2-3 weeks ago (BTC was $194), but didn`t pull the trigger. Kinda kicking myself now, but... I don`t have the $ to be playing around with prices this high anyway. For me, the train has left the station (I may get on board with some of the other coins). In the meantime, this whole crypto-currency thing is fascinating and scary at the same time!  I detest centralization and regulations, and I hope BTC can resist the dark forces out there that will more than likely corner the market by `owning` (via regulations/centralization) most of the limited # of BTCs (21 million, from what I`ve read). The times they are a changin`...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:07:49 AM

I may get on board with some of the other coins

Welcome to the forum and "may all your Bitcoin dreams turn to gold!"  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy
Jonton

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:10:28 AM

Dont´worry...the next train will come...

i also had not the money to buy at 75 $. Because i bought other stuff. Now i just watch an wait.
You missed the 194 $ entry. That´s not lost chance. After the current bubble crash you will get Bitcoins for 100 $.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:11:30 AM

You don't have to be a psychic to tell that bitcoin is going to hit 4k$.
The question is when? Before the end of this year or in the next one?
christop

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:11:57 AM

What's stopping you from buying a smaller portion of a Bitcoin? You can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin, you know....

I also doubt the price will go below $200 again.

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:12:47 AM

Oh well; I had a chance just 2-3 weeks ago (BTC was $194), but didn`t pull the trigger. Kinda kicking myself now, but... I don`t have the $ to be playing around with prices this high anyway. For me, the train has left the station (I may get on board with some of the other coins). In the meantime, this whole crypto-currency thing is fascinating and scary at the same time!  I detest centralization and regulations, and I hope BTC can resist the dark forces out there that will more than likely corner the market by `owning` (via regulations/centralization) most of the limited # of BTCs (21 million, from what I`ve read). The times they are a changin`...

The dark forces would buy bitcoins only to create crashes to scare people away. Buying bitcoins and holding them makes no sense for them because it is just increasing the market capitalisation of the bitcoin system.

We could have said the train has left the station when it went from 10 cents to 1 USD. Or to 10 USD. Why today ?

The train will have left the station when there will be thousands of start-ups worldwide working on bitcoin related services, thousands of articles in the mainstream press all around the world, mass adoption in physical and virtual shops etc...
At that point one might say "the train has left".

Right now it's only warming up slightly.
Jonton

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:25:24 AM

@MahaRamana

Warming up slightly? But yes, there is a long way to go...

Further Bitcoins are like gold for the central banks. They hate it, but they need it to control the price. 
To prevent too big moves from the Dollar into the Bitcoin...

The difference between Gold and Bitcoins in that case is, that Gold can be "papertraded".

I´m sure, one part of the current price is based on: "We need Bitcoins to control the price at times we want to..."

panspOrmia (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:37:45 AM

What's stopping you from buying a smaller portion of a Bitcoin? You can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin, you know....

You`re right!  I have it stuck in my mind`s eye that I ought to have either a full `coin` (1 BTC) or nothing.  I`m gonna go ahead buy a teeny slice of BTC (an amount I can afford to lose, should that happen), just so I can dabble, learn, and have fun with it.
MahaRamana

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:47:11 AM

@MahaRamana

Warming up slightly? But yes, there is a long way to go...

Further Bitcoins are like gold for the central banks. They hate it, but they need it to control the price.  
To prevent too big moves from the Dollar into the Bitcoin...

The difference between Gold and Bitcoins in that case is, that Gold can be "papertraded".

I´m sure, one part of the current price is based on: "We need Bitcoins to control the price at times we want to..."

Yes, I mean only 6 billion USD in the bitcoin system is fairly low. It becomes significant, but it's not getting hot yet.

Bitcoin can be papertraded too ! Like anything of course.

Like they did for gold and silver, they create a "fund" where people invest and they pretend they buy the equivalent metals. Then instead of actually buying the metals with the money, they sell the paper gold to crash it. This is the method that is used to divert money away from really buying physical metals despite investors demand for metal exposure.

The dark forces will either try to BAN IT outright in as many countries as possible, or pretend to accept it but then try to manipulate it behind the scene by creating funds, trackers, indexes, options and all the paper that can be associated with a currency/share like the bitcoin.

branjof

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:55:00 AM

dont need to psychic to predict that one... cause at somepoint or another it will hit that scarcity will make it all rise after it is all mined up!
poeEDgar

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:55:15 AM

if this is anything like 2011 bubble (and charts look very similar), then this is isnt too far off!  Smiley

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
MahaRamana

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:59:48 AM

if this is anything like 2011 bubble (and charts look very similar), then this is isnt too far off!  Smiley

I would not call the rise and correction of 2011 a bubble and its explosion.

Bitcoin has only been rising with corrections, some big and some small. But it has never been in bubble territory.

Bubble means : disconnection from the fundamentals.

Fundamentals of bitcoin are not without risk but very solid. We've always been far from a bubble imho
Jonton

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:02:44 AM

Yes, I mean only 6 billion USD in the bitcoin system is fairly low. It becomes significant, but it's not getting hot yet.

Bitcoin can be papertraded too ! Like anything of course.

Like they did for gold and silver, they create a "fund" where people invest and they pretend they buy the equivalent metals. Then instead of actually buying the metals with the money, they sell the paper gold to crash it. This is the method that is used to divert money away from really buying physical metals despite investors demand for metal exposure.

The dark forces will either try to BAN IT outright in as many countries as possible, or pretend to accept it but then try to manipulate it behind the scene by creating funds, trackers, indexes, options and all the paper that can be associated with a currency/share like the bitcoin.

Exactly. But the papertrading doesn´t create the price right now. Until that point you will see a new highs. And at the point, they will be able to control the price through papertrading the smart money will go into another digital currency without that disadvantage.

In the end pandoras box is open. At both side´s.

MahaRamana

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:13:22 AM

Yes, pandora's box is open.

Also there will be MUCH LESS incentive for an investor to invest USD in a Bitcoin paper instrument rather than holding bitcoin himself if he wants exposure.

In the case of metals, people don't want to deal with physical delivery, transportation, storage... But if buying and storing bitcoins becomes easy and secure, why to put USD in a bitcoin tracker when you can get bitcoin directly ?

For this reason, the capability of the financial dictators to manipulate bitcoin are likely going to be fairly low, and they know it.

For this reason they are really hesitating right now between visible repression and invisible manipulation. Usually they choose the latter but in this case, they are probably very tempted by the former because they know the dangers.

It seems likely that we are seeing the end of financial dictatorship and nothing can better free the world than this. 
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:17:07 AM

If your neighbor says he can tell the future, then he is lying to you.   Undecided

No one knows what BTC will trade at in the future.

BTW, the price should not be an issue.  If you believe the price will go up, you can always buy 0.1btc, or even 0.01btc.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Jonton

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

@MahaRamana

Hmm...

i like your optimistic view, but sadly i can´t share it.

Papertrading is very complex and one crucial point is about maximise profit.
The physical delivery, transportation and storage "problem" is not the real reason for the existence of it.
It´s greed.

The capability of the "God´s" to manipulate the price of bitcoins are very potent.
They could buy all Bitcoins with 1/13 of the monthly! new created Dollars. 12/13 of new created Dollars could be investest into the technical domination of creating new Bitcoins, or whatever. Forever.

hmm...hopefully i´m wrong, but it´s a sad world and i´m just a stupid creep.

But hey! The best things are for free!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfl6l-ZDiYg
Kelekin

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:46:23 AM

Let's be honest.  If your 'psychic' neighbour doesn't manage to move away in the next few months into a mansion, I have a hard time believing they can predict that price. Wink

While $4000 might not be out of the realm of inevitable possibility, it would require a million more services than what is currently provided.  So unless we keep pushing to that end, and it becomes less a game of greed and more of a game of usable currency, then it could happen.  The problem is that there is not enough to propel the market from possible downfalls.  I think it would be a million times harder for bitcoin to drop below $100 or $200 again, but it is not unlikely for it to drop at some point in the future because all volatile markets remain volatile until enough upwards pressure is established.  This is why most nation's currencies don't gain or lose too quickly (minus Japan in recent years due to their cheating at economics). 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: