Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bear in your mind if you invest in ICO  (Read 429 times)
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:56:16 AM

Always bear in your mind if you invest in ICO today, "HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT ALWAYS PREPARE FOR WORST", to expect best result of your investment in ICO all the while being prepared  with options in case it is the worst one possible, there is a few investor  in ICO today being fooled, beacause  they don't prepare for the worst.
Tell me how to prepare for the worst please.
If a token is -90% from its ICO price once it is distributed, what will you do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:57:37 AM
Merited by cryptoheadd (20)

The risks are great however well prepared you might be, so invest accordingly. But this is just the beginning of a changing world, and if we educate ourselves enough, do proper research and discover the true potential behind certain icos, using the guidelines given repeatedly regarding team, vision, tech, whitepaper etc., i think its going to be a truly exciting and successful journey to be present right from the beginning.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 08:25:50 AM

Indeed, many of the ICO that lately lots of popping. and it all sometimes there is a very large and there is a scam. the big risk is indeed always in front of the eyes, but if you choose the right analyses with ICO and various considerations I think the risk would be minimized.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:50:25 AM

Always bear in your mind if you invest in ICO today, "HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT ALWAYS PREPARE FOR WORST", to expect best result of your investment in ICO all the while being prepared  with options in case it is the worst one possible, there is a few investor  in ICO today being fooled, beacause  they don't prepare for the worst.

I think you said it well, most people always go in all out toinvest in certain project because  the team promised heaven and earth, Tezo and DAO comes to mind, even there have been some other projects that have failed to delivered on hat was promised.

SO I will add this to it, never invest what you can't afford t lose and always remember to take out your initial capital to be able to fight another day
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:52:37 AM

If someone is investing in ICOs today than he has to prepare for the worst as the chances of an ICO succeeding today is less than 10%. With more than 90% of the ICOs launched last year already having failed or exit scammed, I don't see how ICO investment is a fit option to choose. Also the future doesn't looks bright for the ICO market.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

If that ICO still has a product, they should at least make a decision to do another development, reinvent or do some buyback or burn unused tokens to at least recover losses, contact devs on what they planned to do. They will sure have plan if that project have what it takes.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
merkuriya

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:09:43 AM

That applies to bitcoins and alt coins as well, most are investing with hopes of profit only. This is why some are gambling by taking loans as well which can be very risky.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:17:31 PM

Investing is a high risk way of raising our money so we should be careful in investing especially in ICO, We should never invest anything that we cant completely afford to be gone like a bubble. Investing is just like gambling, we dont know if we will earn some or lose some, but if we do not try,, We will not have a chance of becoming rich.. So invest and invest those amount that you dont need.
Yeah, it is always a huge risk and every investment with the certain risk should always be considered first before even investing which is what a lot of people do not do and always get greedy or emotional. As long as you know it is not all company that would end up successful, then you will also know it is not all projects that would end up successful in the long run.

Nevertheless, this is different from investing in scams, as you would have yourself to blame if that happens, but the important thing is to not expect too much and at the same time expect too much. At the end, never get greedy, diversify to minimize the risk and always know you are investing in a solid project.
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:22:24 PM

Investing is a high risk way of raising our money so we should be careful in investing especially in ICO, We should never invest anything that we cant completely afford to be gone like a bubble. Investing is just like gambling, we dont know if we will earn some or lose some, but if we do not try,, We will not have a chance of becoming rich.. So invest and invest those amount that you dont need.

YES Investing in crypto currency especially during ICO is really risky so invest only what you can afford to lose and of course I wouldn't recommend you to owe money or loan in a bank just to invest. Be wise and select only the ICO project that you think it will succeed and grow bigger.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
maxreish (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:47:32 AM

The right way is you need to forget the token for a while, until token price pump again, i hope you get what i'd like to say.
jlqueen

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:54:05 AM

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:10:09 AM

Not that few investors only but there were many of it. This is why I never invested to an ICO because they can't fulfill their promises in the long run and besides supporting bitcoin with few alts that are legit in the circulation would be for the best. ICOs today are just money makers and including the investors it's hard to choose what will be the legit ones and the fake ones but even the most legit one with your first impression starts to become weird if you don't really have full knowledge on the developers.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:48:58 AM

This rule you can use when you investing in ICO, BTC, ETH and all other ways for investing.
Because no one can give you a guarantee that you money will be safety and growing.
But this is a reason why in investing you can earn more money - because a lot of risks, and people always want to pay for this.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:30:55 PM

I agree with you. Most investors of ICO always expecting the best for the project but when it gets dump in the market, they are ranting all over in social medias and creating FUD with the project. Some investors are very impatient with the platform's development and blaming the management when the price gets lower. I hope that those investors know what they are doing and what are those possible consequences when participating to an ICO. Cryptocurrency is very unpredictable.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:38:08 PM

You are right icos are high risk investments i have seen many projects whose value has dropped to more than 50% after listing on exchanges, although good projects recover but it may take time, so we have to select the best projects only while investing in icos.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:45:59 PM

This is what I also imparted to my friend whom I influenced into investing in ICO. The very first thing I told them is the worst thing that can happen when investing in an ICO or even in coins already listed in the market. But really, ICOs today are so risky you have very small chance of not getting scammed or the ICO being a failure.

efodix

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:47:58 PM

Good advice, the best is to realize all the risks you take investing your time and money, as you need to see the whole situation.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:48:34 PM

Of course you have to prepare for the worst that's why a lot of people say invest what you can afford to lose, because at worst you'll lose all your money, ico is a risky thing to do because they are not regulated so there's no investor protection. People have to understand how smartcontract works before invest in ico because I have seen a lot of people sending their eth from exchange wallet, that's just a basic mistake but the risk is very high.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
WL082746

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

Yes, you're right! I have participated in the two ICO for lack of serious investigation in the previous period. Now I feel reckless, like gambling!
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

From the replies here I feel that most of the people are having bad experience with ICOs. I have very good experience except my very first one. I have been investing in ICOs for long time now and I have seen great ROI in most of them. Low market now affecting people in a bad way, but even now if you chose good you are still good to gain. At this market you just need to investigate the project more than ever before. Not only the team, roadmap and whitepaper, but also token metrics. Everything is important there – hardcap, use of token, bonuses, lockup period etc. I will not invest if I don’t like any of the parameters
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: