Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for dragonkid , Sending wallet stealing trojan  (Read 2912 times)
Transam808 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:55:04 AM

So i posted an add  looking for a Jupiter, he told me he had one,  And we worked out a price.  then i asked for a picture to prove he had one and provided my email address  before i sent him the money.  He told me he had no working camera...  "Chances of that VERY slim"    But then i asked him to point his miner to my address for 5 mins so i can verify that way.   And while i was writing this message i received an e-mail with a Trojan that set off my virus protection.   And then he replied he already packed the Jupiter so he couldn't set it to my address.    So just a warning DO NOT trust dragonkid!  And don't give him your email address
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:06:15 PM

So i posted an add  looking for a Jupiter, he told me he had one,  And we worked out a price.  then i asked for a picture to prove he had one and provided my email address  before i sent him the money.  He told me he had no working camera...  "Chances of that VERY slim"    But then i asked him to point his miner to my address for 5 mins so i can verify that way.   And while i was writing this message i received an e-mail with a Trojan that set off my virus protection.   And then he replied he already packed the Jupiter so he couldn't set it to my address.    So just a warning DO NOT trust dragonkid!  And don't give him your email address
Alt of lucullus, I do not even have your email.

Transam808 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:43:12 PM

Alt of lucullus, I do not even have your email.
Haha ok now your going to claim that? I can take a screen shot of my outbox to prove that you do, your scum trying to to people off, as I well let other people know so they don't fall for your ways
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:43:25 PM

Thank you for the alert. I have flagged his account with negative trust until this issue can be explained.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
joeyjoe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:18:45 PM

Thank you for the alert. I have flagged his account with negative trust until this issue can be explained.

From one persons accusation with no proof, this is enough to flag his account? How did the OP know that the trojan is a wallet stealer? He said his virus protection stopped it. I get viruses sent to my inbox all of the time. I don't immediately think the last person that PM'd me was the one who sent it. Doesn't make sense.

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

From one persons accusation with no proof, this is enough to flag his account? How did the OP know that the trojan is a wallet stealer? He said his virus protection stopped it. I get viruses sent to my inbox all of the time. I don't immediately think the last person that PM'd me was the one who sent it. Doesn't make sense.

Hmm good point, but combined with certain other metrics, it does appear that Dragonkid is highly likely to be a scammer.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

Hmm good point, but combined with certain other metrics, it does appear that Dragonkid is highly likely to be a scammer.

Do you even know if he traded anything ? If you can include the post where he said the things the OP is claiming, that would make the situation more credible.
dragonkid

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:03:43 PM

Why accuse when you have no proof?

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:45:49 PM

Hmm yeah, you're right. I've removed the negative trust rating until the OP can provide definitive proof.

KnCMiningOp

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:37:53 AM

So i posted an add  looking for a Jupiter, he told me he had one,  And we worked out a price.  then i asked for a picture to prove he had one and provided my email address  before i sent him the money.  He told me he had no working camera...  "Chances of that VERY slim"    But then i asked him to point his miner to my address for 5 mins so i can verify that way.   And while i was writing this message i received an e-mail with a Trojan that set off my virus protection.   And then he replied he already packed the Jupiter so he couldn't set it to my address.    So just a warning DO NOT trust dragonkid!  And don't give him your email address

I also posted that I was looking for a Jupiter and he responded saying he had one, but couldn't provide me with a pic of one and would not use escrow. Kept insisting on 25-50% upfront. Also I'm pretty sure there is more than one person using his account as they kept switching between I and we.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:39:44 AM

Why accuse when you have no proof?

On a piece of paper write: "I'm not a scammer" Place it next to the Jupiter and take a picture. Provide said picture of proof you really had a Jupiter for sale.
Transam808 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:48:43 AM

I also have no problem providing all the messages we sent back and forth witch will CLEARLY show he is a scamer.   i might not have proof it was him sending the trojin right after i gave him my email... "And i don't hardly ever recive virus"  All im trying to do is warn people. 
nox_

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:48:09 AM

I'm just going to add my concerns to this thread:

- Posted an ad for ASIC miners
- Dragonkid sends me a PM about a Juniper he wants to sell
- Dragonkid doesn't want to do escrow (I should have been more suspicious)
- Dragonkid wants 50% before shipping and 50% after
- Agree to pay for shipping in advance at 0.4 BTC (Another dumb mistake on my part) then 50% once tracking and proof of postage is provided
- He sends a tracking number that is for a RoyalMail Signed For Item, then changes the number to one that isn't valid
- Insists on the 50% as he has sent a tracking number
- Can't/won't send any receipt or proof of postage
- Demands 50% then demands 25%
- When I say I won't pay until he provides this proof or the miner arrives he goes quiet
- Apparently sent on a pre-9am delivery (It is now 10.42am and nothing...) with no information on the "tracking" numbers provided

This guy is a scammer and I was stupid to send him 0.4 BTC.

I have the full PM conversations if a mod wants to see them for proof.

If the miner arrives then I will retract all of the above with a full apology but given the lack of escrow and the 50% then 25% demands I am not holding out hope. Will chalk this up to experience (much like selling 20 BTC in August and generally not buying more BTC Tongue)
bitcoinlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:35:45 PM

Please post everything here.

I received a PM from one Jupiter seller - not so sure if it's the same guy with multi-BCT accounts.

KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:41:44 PM

Please post everything here.

I received a PM from one Jupiter seller - not so sure if it's the same guy with multi-BCT accounts.

If they want any money upfront, refuse escrow and can't provide you with a picture of the Jupiter. Doesn't really matter if it's dragonkid does it? Don't do it!
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

I'm just going to add my concerns to this thread:

- Posted an ad for ASIC miners
- Dragonkid sends me a PM about a Juniper he wants to sell
- Dragonkid doesn't want to do escrow (I should have been more suspicious)
- Dragonkid wants 50% before shipping and 50% after
- Agree to pay for shipping in advance at 0.4 BTC (Another dumb mistake on my part) then 50% once tracking and proof of postage is provided
- He sends a tracking number that is for a RoyalMail Signed For Item, then changes the number to one that isn't valid
- Insists on the 50% as he has sent a tracking number
- Can't/won't send any receipt or proof of postage
- Demands 50% then demands 25%
- When I say I won't pay until he provides this proof or the miner arrives he goes quiet
- Apparently sent on a pre-9am delivery (It is now 10.42am and nothing...) with no information on the "tracking" numbers provided

This guy is a scammer and I was stupid to send him 0.4 BTC.

I have the full PM conversations if a mod wants to see them for proof.

If the miner arrives then I will retract all of the above with a full apology but given the lack of escrow and the 50% then 25% demands I am not holding out hope. Will chalk this up to experience (much like selling 20 BTC in August and generally not buying more BTC Tongue)

Haha this keeps getting better and better. Looks like he tried to sell a Jupiter to at least 3 people and can't prove he even owns one.
dragonkid

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:02:54 PM

People get dumb and dumber.

KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:08:23 PM

Haha. Prove you own a Jupiter.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:38:23 PM

This idiot is a scammer. Don't do business with him.

dragonkid

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:40:56 PM

This idiot is a scammer. Don't do business with him.
I still got .8 bitcoin though

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: