Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To HODL or SPEDN?  (Read 235 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:27:07 AM

While there are many strategies to investing in Crypto when it comes to actually spending it within the crypto ecosystem we are very limited. For this reason, many of us are HODLING and hoping that one day we will find a solution for an easy crypto to product platform. For now, if I want to have some fun and spend some of my Crypto I need to convert it to fiat before spending, this obviously entails fees and can be a slow process. I also believe that going from crypto to fiat actually goes against the spirit that it was originally intended for and that was to provide an alternative to fiat and the dinosaur of a banking system that is currently in place.

Yes, there are a number of small businesses willing to take crypto online and offline they are far and few between and you are limited to what you can buy. Until fairly recently it was a pie in the sky dream to be able to buy products from Amazon or buy coffee with crypto from Starbucks. But finally a solution is on hand and its called Zeex. With Zeex using their token called ZIX you will be able to buy a gift card from over 350 different retailers [with many more to follow] and use it to buy the product or service you need. This will be a 3 tap experience that will enable crypto to product with no fees or fiat involved. This is done by utilizing gift cards on a decentralized platform.

For an example how Zeex works;

Let's say you want to buy coffee every morning for a month or so. At Starbucks, it'll probably cost you around $100-$200 (depending on how froofy your frappucinos are). So, the first time you want to pay for a coffee, just buy a $200 Starbucks gift card from the Zeex app. Then, use the gift card every morning at Starbucks with a scannable code on your phone. When the gift card is empty/used, buy another one!

Zeex will be holding their public token sale in May and then will have an actual live working platform available to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

You can check out their website here; https://www.zeex.me/

I'd be interested in what others think about Zeex or if you know of other platforms that provide anything similar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdarWeinreb

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

Very cool concept, thanks for sharing.
Richurd

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:34:11 PM

Love this project! Why not both HODL and SPEDN   Shocked Shocked
TashBLIL

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:14:09 PM

Haha I'm a SPEDNer all the way! Really looking forward to Zeex, I think it's going to make a huge impact in the cryptospace.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:40:35 AM

Don't spend your tokens or coins now, just keep holding your tokens or coins until the price of will increase again, so you can get more profit like other's thinking, just wait and keep holding it.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:52:12 AM

Very cool Advertisement,nice concept hope this wont turn into fishy project as most of the newly promoted now becomes a problem in future.

But indeed this is a good thing to learn and use for real..looking forward for development and success
dogbackwards

Activity: 274
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:56:33 AM

If I am comfortable I will spend when I'm in the green, but never when Im in the red (percentages). I don't generally spend most of the time as I hold coins even when they're up 100% etc. Although it's possible to make a daily return selling and then buying back at lower prices I choose not to partake in that. I hold until I am comfortable with selling.

As for a similar service to the one you mentioned... there is a somewhat similar service for canadians available right now it's https://coincards.ca/ it technically does similar to what you mentioned. Exchange BTC for gift cards.

It's an excellent service.
pantet

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:12:02 AM

It depends on the situation because we all wanted to HODL but sometimes due to some circumstances that we cannot avoid we can SPEDN. We want to hold  to wait for the high price because we need to earn big. But at the end what is being needed and the important thing to do will always be. So better do both HODL and at the same time part of it for spending.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:04:00 AM

what I personally don't understand is the need for every project to think creating tokens is the way to go, because with time we all hope that the tokens we are holding in our wallet increase in value, and this make using the platform very expensive. Why can't they doubt BTC or ETH on their platform and collect transaction fees

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
brendongl

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

what I personally don't understand is the need for every project to think creating tokens is the way to go, because with time we all hope that the tokens we are holding in our wallet increase in value, and this make using the platform very expensive. Why can't they doubt BTC or ETH on their platform and collect transaction fees

The main reason to raise funds, in the case of Zeex is to insert liquidity into the market.
With little liquidity, it will be hard to have much stock of gift cards, as well as delays which will occur when having to restock them.

The whole point behind tokenization of a utility is generally for liquidity, and to decentralise the asset/token.
Before the days of blockchain, companies or startups would traditionally need to go to VC's to get there funding, and in turn, allowing the VC to influence the direction of there startup/business.
With blockchain and TGE/ICO (token generation events), we are taking the power away from VC's and allowing the public to directly contribute if they see fit.

Although, I do agree there are many tokens out there which do not "need" to be on the blockchain, or even generate funds to accomplish their goals. Zeex in my opinion and what they are trying to achieve have chosen the right part in holding a TGE.

Cryptov8

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

HODL
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:56:34 AM

Last year and early this year there are many ICO that offer to provide with similar service to what you have promoted (Zeex). Each have it's own unique feature. But let's see which of those platforms will become popular and will be use by local people in many countries.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:32:47 AM

I think there are many ways to invest in bitcoin because if altcoin prices decrease if we do not hold back and we do not invest in the long term we will not get profit, therefore investing in crypto is a lot of strategies and do not sell all your coins because you can hold it for the future,
jlqueen

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

Long term trsding is the most profitable one as most of tokens are growing on year on year basis unless it discontinued developing. Also, long term is less hassle if you are busy and unable to check your portfolio from time to time. While day trading is also a good souce of income on a daily basis, its more risky on my opinion as you are interacting the market in a regular basis. Also, you can save on fees in long term btw.
raniadaling

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:02:49 AM

Long term trsding is the most profitable one as most of tokens are growing on year on year basis unless it discontinued developing. Also, long term is less hassle if you are busy and unable to check your portfolio from time to time. While day trading is also a good souce of income on a daily basis, its more risky on my opinion as you are interacting the market in a regular basis. Also, you can save on fees in long term btw.

I agree, long term trading is the most profitable, but this is something not everyone can participate due to unavailability of resources.
So most of us will just participate im bounty hunting and earn tokens then hodl.
jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:07:43 AM

I just want to hold it my altcoin and tokens for a lettle longer!! This years i think all coin are down!!. I'll  to wait until the altcoin and token will pump it up thats the time to sell it !!
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:09:07 AM

More investors are fan of holding in a long term, but sometimes when there's a good opportunity that price grows up and you think you earn already on that price status so why we still hold if there's a opportunity already to earn income. Sometimes holding our crypto stocks needs also a good timing and strategy like also on investing. But holding is better than spending, because holding crypto assets is a form of good future life in terms of finacial, and spending is wasting your money income quickly, but if we spend our crypto income to form another legal business, well it is good also, because we have another way of earning income legally.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
vandako

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:11:00 AM

I like to cool short name of your website. I will check it out and share my review here soon. I am currently holding all my alt coins as I think they will rise  by 50% in next 2 months.
Mr. V

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:27:10 AM

I prefer to HODL on majority of my cryptocurrency, because investing in the long-term is one of the key essential to this rapid growth market. Gagapay Network (GTA) would be an example of HODL[ing] in the near future.

YanivBLIL

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:42:28 AM

Finally, we can HODL most and SPEDN a little bit! Can't wait for Zeex to launch...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: