Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do so many people Bitcoin Discussion Forum get banned?  (Read 245 times)
camiel323 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

Does anyone know why people get banned so quickly on the Bitcoin Discussion forum? it seems like its very every easy to get banned and I'm not sure what the rules are so it would be great if someone could explain this before I post on there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:53:06 AM

Does anyone know why people get banned so quickly on the Bitcoin Discussion forum? it seems like its very every easy to get banned and I'm not sure what the rules are so it would be great if someone could explain this before I post on there.
Please read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 11:52:38 AM

The first rule is -

Read the stickies on the boards, so that you understand the rules for the forum and the specific boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:05:18 PM

The second rule is -

Do your research before posting in any board.

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

Apart from the rules to each board and the forum, I don't think a proper conduct despite the section would warrant banning as far as I know. So, it won't be a peculiar thing only on bitcoin discussion board. The point about it is that, so many members just post there without being knowledgeable about OP and the foregoing discuss.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:01:45 PM

The third rule is never  talk about fight club.

Honestly though, it isn't easy to get banned. The rules are pretty simple and common sense, and if you don't understand any one of the rules you can ask in mpreps (linked by bitperson) thread rather than opening a new topic. In most cases your posts will be deleted rather than receiving a ban right away which means you should heed these as warnings. Unless, you continuously  break the rules you shouldn't run into an issue, and when your replies do get deleted you should think about why they've been deleted and refer to mpreps guide.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:30:30 PM

The number of people getting banned is far lower than the number of people who deserve it.
The moderators are pretty lenient in this aspect.
xolxol

Activity: 241
Merit: 97

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

Does anyone know why do people love shitposting? i dont quite understand what is shitposting right now ? does the grammar is really necessary for the shitposting qualitifications? i have done enough,but it wasnt enough to stop shitposting in this forum.I want this place to become just like what it was few years ago when the signatures doesnt exist.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

Does anyone know why do people love shitposting? i dont quite understand what is shitposting right now ? does the grammar is really necessary for the shitposting qualitifications? i have done enough,but it wasnt enough to stop shitposting in this forum.I want this place to become just like what it was few years ago when the signatures doesnt exist.

prime example of a shitpost fella. How do you know what this place used to be like?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
xolxol

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

prime example of a shitpost fella. How do you know what this place used to be like?
Because i am everything,i know someone who knows someone who knows something.That is why i do have the informations about everything,i am the father of modern science,technology,computer,i am everything in this world and you should know who i am.TMAN you are a great senior in this place and you should help this forum to stop the shitposting,though this place was created by satoshi i am part of something else,something is really missing here.
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:10:45 PM

Because i am everything,i know someone who knows someone who knows something.That is why i do have the informations about everything,i am the father of modern science,technology,computer,i am everything in this world and you should know who i am.TMAN you are a great senior in this place and you should help this forum to stop the shitposting,though this place was created by satoshi i am part of something else,something is really missing here.
I am interested to your posting, frankly speaking that I can not understand for the your first sentence and also the last part of your second sentence. Return to the topic that Bitcoin Discussion Forum as OP thought that so many people are banned, I just guess perhaps they were banned by too easy tittle and topic also too many similar topic. So, perhaps just lot of similar topic and tittle appears there. But I do not believe that admin has been so easy to ban some users just because too easy title and topic they created except for several times warning but neglected.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:30:55 PM

Hi everything i am athanz88. The only missing thing for this forum to be great again is spammer deficiency, and i really curious how to help this forum to stop shitposting, you suggested TMAN and i think you have the solution? what is your suggestion?
xolxol

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:17:13 AM

Hi everything i am athanz88. The only missing thing for this forum to be great again is spammer deficiency, and i really curious how to help this forum to stop shitposting, you suggested TMAN and i think you have the solution? what is your suggestion?
I suggest to limit those discussion threads for the newbies,lock a single discussion board for the newbie ranks to jr.members and only allow those member ranks and above to posts to discussions board,so that there will be less spam in alts discussions etc.Limiting those lower ranks will be much better than removing the signature campaign in this forum.
claudiotiego

Activity: 630
Merit: 154

Corl - Growth Capital on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 12:29:56 AM

Most users do not read and therefore do not comply with forum rules. We have too many multiple accounts, too many spammy, too many shit posts, too many new topics opened without a minimum previous research. To be sincere, I consider our moderation very tolerant.

cap_spock2

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:52:56 AM

i got banned and i'm tryng to say sorry to someone Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3390611.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: