Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:47:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBIE - Broker for Mumbai Politicians / Builders Lobby  (Read 935 times)
Absinthe (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:16:48 AM

Hi there.

I have been following Bitcoin since last year when I was searching for new ways of "asset protection" for my clients.

Yes I am the tech savvy partner for some big politicians and builders in Mumbai. (Now I am not supporting them in whatever they do, so if you have any opinions on this keep them to yourself.) I take care of their IT support systems, infra, IP cameras etc etc.

Was talking to them about "asset protection" in the past few months. Just been approached by a couple of them again in the past week or so considering that I showed them the insane ride of the BTC fueled by the Chinese. They would certainly like some piece of the action.

Looking for some SERIOUS SELLERS ONLY. Each trade will be upwards of 50-100BTC only Will be bought only in CASH, no cheques no NEFT.

Absinthe

Absinthe (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:57:39 PM

Holy moly the value goes from $500 to $600 just in 1 day today! Huh Shocked

Anybody online? I want to do a trial transaction of 0.25BTC to begin with.
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:20:01 PM

Welcome mate. Cash for 50 -100 btc is quite huge.
And offlate, the sellers in India and other parts of the world have been facing scarcity of btc. One reason is people are holding it as the value is increasing anywhere between 150 - 200 in a week.

Secondly, it might be due to the trading being concentrated to the btcchina exchange.

You might have to comeup with someother innovative ways to make payment.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:27:37 PM

Well  the  chinese  are  holding  their   BTC  and  wont   let  go  of it now. 

Better  look  else where  like LTC and FTC, as a  long term  solution. You  will get   burnt  once  BTC   hits the price wall and drops  like  a  brick, you  will loose  that  money  so  be  careful. 
Absinthe (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:45:11 PM

@americandesi: Thanks for the advice, will sure check that out. Considering China is #1/#2 in black money near about up there with India globally, I wouldn't be surprised if it crosses $1000 before Dec. They are some crazy f#cks Huh Shocked Grin

Check your PM btw, want to buy.

@subvolatil: Are you saying this is a bubble. From what I've seen and read, this is just the start. Imagine what will happen when the next tsunami comes. It will make 2008 look like a small blip. BTC is the way forward. Revolution.

Absinthe
nefron

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

most of the ppl are trying to hold on their btc in speculation, so it will drop, no one knows when and how much.
subvolatil

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:56:53 PM

@americandesi: Thanks for the advice, will sure check that out. Considering China is #1/#2 in black money near about up there with India globally, I wouldn't be surprised if it crosses $1000 before Dec. They are some crazy f#cks Huh Shocked Grin

Check your PM btw, want to buy.

@subvolatil: Are you saying this is a bubble. From what I've seen and read, this is just the start. Imagine what will happen when the next tsunami comes. It will make 2008 look like a small blip. BTC is the way forward. Revolution.

Absinthe

well like i said  the chines are depleting the supply of  btc, they are effetely hording it. now. if  the  chines  hold  btc  to such a  volume   that it  makes  it  impossible  for btc to be used  for  trade ( buy goods and  services.) that  will bring about a  change in businesses not  accepting btc and  using  other  alt coins.

This may happen after  one year or  next month, the world of btc is highly volatile, have to tread carefully.   if  you  end  up  investing  about  a  Crore today and  the  price  falls what answers  are  you  going to   give  to your  bosses.  i  guess those people  will rather   like  to  make  people  dissipear  that  listen to  your  reasoning  that the  prices  will  rise   in  time.  

All i am  saying is  be careful, i have  seen  alot of  BTC  bubbles  burst.

Note:-- The  price  of   bit coin  will  rise  and  will keep  rising.  the  only  factor  is  you must not  panic  and  read  the   over all  environment  BTC is  at  at this  moment.  The  value of  BTC  is in the utility of  the  coin  if it  looses that utility the   we are  all  fucked.
subvolatil

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:06:51 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 10:50:35 PM by subvolatil

A Word of WARNING!!

@Absinthe as you have mentioned  big politicians and builders  i  see  criminal  enterprise, and  money laundering. this is  not  some thing  that this  community  wants to associate  its  self  with .  

If you have such intention please keep is  far  away from this  forum.  and by the way Bitcoin is not a  investment  instrument it is  a value  transaction  system.

Do also note  that bitcoine is a  open  system  with all  transaction logged  forever, and  also  that the  bitcoins can  be traced  using  various  analysis technique.  so dont think that bitcoin is a  anonymous system  where  criminal activity can  be  kept secret.

Absinthe (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:11:54 AM

@subvolatil: I don't know you are getting so hyper. Like I said, I do not support nor protest against them. Their source of funds is completely unknown to me and neither do I care. As I see it, this is just a form of asset protection/investment away from traditional modes. Although it is apparent from my posting that there is some illegal source of funds considering the hate we have for those types of people generally.

If mod thinks this is against the rules of the board, he may delete the thread.

Absinthe
subvolatil

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:00:46 AM

@subvolatil: I don't know you are getting so hyper. Like I said, I do not support nor protest against them. Their source of funds is completely unknown to me and neither do I care. As I see it, this is just a form of asset protection/investment away from traditional modes. Although it is apparent from my posting that there is some illegal source of funds considering the hate we have for those types of people generally.

Absinthe

All   i am  saying  is  that  bitcoin  does not  need  bad  press  right now.  and  being  linked  to money  laundering is  some thing  the  community  does not   need.  there  is  no  rule against  talking  about  it . I  am just   voicing my  opinion and requesting  members  to  keep  clear  of such practices. 

This  community  is  a  small  one but  growing , we  can't  have  something  linking  criminal  Enterprise stopping  any  chance  of  a   good  Monetary system being  accepted in India  in a  wider  scale.

You look  at  BTC as a  asset protection and  investment, which in its  self  points  to  illegal money  laundering  schema. and  involve  Builders  and  politicians, then  that  just  becomes a   giant  red flag. 

You  yourself  just  admitted on the  above  post  that  there are  some  illeagle  sources  of  funds.  If  that's  being  true  i  would  suggest  you not  to  advertise it  especially on a  public  forum and take  your   business dealings  away from  the  public  forum.

And  by the  way i  think  you have not  done  your  home  work on  how  BTC  works, do that first.  like  i  said  every thing is  traceable and all transaction is  public that includes the  BTC amount on the  address.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:14:15 AM

Absinthe

I do not see the OP as a red signal, but I would like to appreciate subvolatil for pointing out the prospective damage.
I assume that these are honest politicians and businesses (Lips sealed) that you are involved with and I see no harm in it. 

We have worked very hard to get Bitcoin to some form of a clean currency here in India and it would be awesome to keep it that way.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:34:52 AM

Correction, $900, but this is a bullish run, it will crash soon enough.
But not before giving us all a nerd heart attack.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██