Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:46:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A site listing the different blockchains according to their decentralisation?  (Read 146 times)
F2b (OP)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 865

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:04:52 PM
Merited by Vod (3)

[FRA]

Hello,

During a conversation in the French subforum, I had an idea: a website listing and classifying the existing blockchains according to different criteria, such as the decentralisation, the fact that it is open-source or not, or belong to a private organisation... does this site exist?
I searched a little bit, but found nothing like this.

So if someone know this site, please say it here. Otherwise, would you like someone to create such a website? Do you have any suggestion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OPEXDECAPEX

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

This sounds like an interesting project to participate in.  If i may add,  I believe that it will be better if the maker of this site can include in chinese blockchain development and projects as well.

As a native English speaker,  i find it rather challenging to seek out projects in China.  However,  I have seen a few projects that are pretty amazing that the "western world" is not aware of.
F2b (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:09:27 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 05:24:05 PM by F2b

I will certainly (try to) do it.
It will be hosted on github.io. (no : doesn't support databases)

If you have any idea, I'm listening!

To begin with, any idea for the name?
F2b (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

Hi,
I come back here because we talked a little bit in the French topic, so:

- We are still searching for a name, and since we need an international name, it would be really helpful to have ideas from English-speaking people.

- We began searching for what parameters to take in account.
In fact, the actual idea is that a score is given for each parameter, and we will find a formula or algorithm to calculate the final mark. This mark would represent if the blockchains are following the initial ideology of the blockchain or not.
I know that this is pretty subjective, so we will certainly add cursors to allow people to adjust what parameters are the most important in the calculation.
You can find a spreadsheet here: {link} but it's in French. I think Google translate can be enough for you to understand (I hope). You can make comments (in English), I will read them. Also, you can give ideas of parameters that we should look to, it would be really helpful too.

We need do all this in the good order : find the criteria / parameters, and a name, then make a sample database and a basic website, and then improve it. We're at the first phase.

Last thing: I'm completely amateur, and autodidact: I'm learning as the same time. Don't hope a big professionnal project, but just a few cryptocurrencies-enthusiasts that are trying making a little website...

Thank you for your help!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:08:30 PM

I'm surprised there isn't already an online database of the different blockchains.

Make sure you build it right so that others can easily access the proper information.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: